[1.0.x] A visor for Valentina.

Lilleman

VBHEan9.jpg

Hello everyone!

As the name suggest, here's a small plugin to make Valentina's visor visible in the main menu screen.

Turns out she had a visor already, but it's so transparent it can barely be seen. To fix that, the material from another visor from the scene is applied to it.

So, it's compatible with TextureReplacer.

License is WTFPL.

Download on Kerbal Stuff

Sources

Changelog :

-Version 1.01: Fix compatibility with Kopernicus.

Edited by Lilleman

So, it's compatible with TextureReplacer.

Not for me. I had to remove TextureReplacer v2.4.7 to get Val's visor to show up. Let me know what info you require for tracking down this issue

Huh, after putting the TextureReplacer folder back in GameData and starting up the game again the visor was now there. I had started the game up twice with no visor before removing TextureReplacer. I think that brought back the default visor material that then persisted when I put TR back in. *shrug* hey, it works!

Actually it doesn't work any more if you return to the menu from the space center, even with TR removed. Or if you enter the Settings menu then move on to the game load menu

Edited by Gaiiden

Actually it doesn't work any more if you return to the menu from the space center, even with TR removed. Or if you enter the Settings menu then move on to the game load menu

I can't reproduce the problem, on my side it's always working correctly. Do you use any other mod that could change something in the main menu?

If anyone else got the issue let me know.

I will upload this mod to KerbalStuff (and to CKAN) shortly.

ok I have over 150 mods so... yea :P A few minutes of binary sorting found Kopernicus to be the culprit. When I pull it out the visor shows up and persists. There may be more going on though since I used to see Val's helmet at least initially in the game load screen but now it doesn't show up at all, and I haven't updated Kopernicus since before I had the visor loading initially. But it's a place to start

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.