Health /medical system

When i was going to the moon i was thinking why bob and bill were in the cockpit driving they aren't pilots i then thought that there should be a new type of kerbal a docter

he would not be able to drive but would be in a medical station and kerbals would go to it to be healed

Yes i know you would have to code a completely new system but i think it would be cool

now this is where i need help guys :P:):wink: NO I MEANT THE PLAYERS NOT YOU KERBALS

anyway i need help on the way kerbals would be damaged

i was thinking if they hit something to hard or if the cockpit heat got passed a safe point but i cant think of anything

high gravity could do it to

after i got a comment about it wouldent add much gameplay i kept thinking gameplay i then thought Sickness tell me about this idea but i got a idea

the way sickness would work would be your kerbal would get a sickness when a event comes for example solar radiation if you get to close to the kerbol/sun you might get it you would have to have a medical staff treat the kerbal

if you don't in time they die this could be used to stop people from doing things you dont like

Thank you for taking your time on reading my thread and Please Please tell me anything you would change/add :0.0:

check out my other post a display for your old ships

Edited by Dragon50

It could work, but it seems like a big change for not very much gameplay gain. You'd just have to avoid bumping the Kerbals into things on EVA.

it wouldent be like that it would be a small chance of damage also the hole medical thing could be disabled

Nice DLC-idea. Maybe with it should come the possibly to move several kerbals at once on ground EVAs - you could have ´away teams´ (that´s how i´d call that DLC) ;D.

i have been thinking about moving multiple kerbals at once since i started playing and i do think it would be nice for the first DLC to be about the Kerbals themselfs becuse all the updates have gave us what the kerbals pilot

Edited by Dragon50

I like this idea. Perhaps prolonged exposure to microgravity/high gravity could also have negative effects on kerbals' health?

How about injury because of high G during launch or maneuvers?

Also, it could be a good starting point for a crude life support system, so you can revive Kerbals that come back if their ship ran out of air. (Let's assume for convenience that they have an evolutionary mechanism of prolonged hibernation once their oxygen supply runs out...)

Yeah, I'm always like "I jumped from really high up, how did his legs not break?" But I guess they aren't human and if a character damage system was implemented, it would be less kid-friendly. Also, I agree that more updates or DLC's should be about kerbals themselves.

• 11 months later...
On August 9, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Dragon50 said:

When i was going to the moon i was thinking why bob and bill were in the cockpit driving they aren't pilots i then thought that there should be a new type of kerbal a docter

he would not be able to drive but would be in a medical station and kerbals would go to it to be healed

Yes i know you would have to code a completely new system but i think it would be cool

now this is where i need help guys :P:):wink: NO I MEANT THE PLAYERS NOT YOU KERBALS

anyway i need help on the way kerbals would be damaged

i was thinking if they hit something to hard or if the cockpit heat got passed a safe point but i cant think of anything

high gravity could do it to

after i got a comment about it wouldent add much gameplay i kept thinking gameplay i then thought Sickness tell me about this idea but i got a idea

the way sickness would work would be your kerbal would get a sickness when a event comes for example solar radiation if you get to close to the kerbol/sun you might get it you would have to have a medical staff treat the kerbal

if you don't in time they die this could be used to stop people from doing things you dont like

Thank you for taking your time on reading my thread and Please Please tell me anything you would change/add :0.0:

check out my other post a display for your old ships

Well the reason Bill and Bob are in the cockpit, is that they aren't going to sit in a fuel tank. Maybe for a life support, but not for stock KSP. Most of us just have a cockpit, a fuselage and an engine. Bill and Bob can't sit anywhere but the cockpit.

On August 21, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Snikersnee said:

Yeah, I'm always like "I jumped from really high up, how did his legs not break?" But I guess they aren't human and if a character damage system was implemented, it would be less kid-friendly. Also, I agree that more updates or DLC's should be about kerbals themselves.

Kerbals are more durable. I am no expert on this but kerbals don't eat, sleep, age, get damaged or get ill. The only thing that happens is if they hit the ground to hard or get attacked by the Kraken, they just turn into dust.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.