Ringed Station and mystery part

Jr6150x

(Sorry if this is the wrong thread, move it accordingly.)

Recently I have been In a KSP funk, and I have not played in about 6 months, although I got the game around .15~.16

Lurking around the forums as I usually do, I stumbled across ShadowZones Ring Station tutorial. As I have ALWAYS wanted to created one, I hopped on my KSP save (All stock, Always wanted to try mods but eh) and gave it a shot.

The result was this:

OuZP1

http://imgur.com/a/OuZP1

Sorry for the unnecessary showcase of the station. Stay with me, there is a point. I created the two rings separately, and then docked em together with two Nuke probes, which are the main point of this thread. The last 3 pictures show the probes. After docking the rings together, I deorbited one of the probes. This is when it happened. The probe body burned up as usual, and I expected everything to be obliterated, as I had no shield and it was a 300km orbit to land, in a very deep descent. However, two strange parts survived. The last one in the album. I've never seen it before. Anyone know what it is? Bug, glitch, kraken, or do I just not recognize it? Thinking now it might be part of a radiator, but i'm not sure.

Well thanks for reading this ramble about one's reinvigoratation of KSP and the strange part he discovered.

:)

... I stumbled across ShadowZones Ring Station tutorial. As I have ALWAYS wanted to created one, ...

Question, what tutorial are you referring to?

You've made me curious. I know of only one Ring Station Tutorial on the KSP forum (check my signature for link) and that one is not written by ShadowZone.

Question, what tutorial are you referring to?

You've made me curious. I know of only one Ring Station Tutorial on the KSP forum (check my signature for link) and that one is not written by ShadowZone.

ShadowZone made a ring station tutorial on his channel (link:

)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.