[1.1.3] ProceduralProbes

Vassily

ProceduralProbes is a extension for ProceduralParts that allows you to generate custom probes.

The parts are fully editable: size, lenght, texture and content.

DOWNLOAD (from CurseForge)

Screenshot

screenshot1.png

Features

Torque: None

Sas: level 2

Max Temp: 1070°C

Installation

Extract the zip in your GameData folder. Ensure you have already installed ProceduralParts and ModuleManager.

Issues

There are not known issues.

Licence

ProceduralProbes is derived from ProceduralParts (distributed as CC 3.0 Unported).

Also this mod remains CC-BY-SA 3.0 unported.

Edited by Vassily
Versione updated

What are other properties of the probe? Does it have torque? How about impact resistance and maximum temperature?

I write them this afternoon :).

Edit: done. I am already working on a second release, just adding RO support and changing sas-level by tech-level.

Edited by JarDev

• 2 months later...

So, I was setting up a RemoteTech network last night and used this probe core for my interplanetary relay satellite and I noticed that this part doesn't integrate with RemoteTech. To fix that, I wrote a config that adds it and wanted to share it with anyone else that may need it. Drop this into your Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RemoteTech folder, in with all the other cfg files and it should work fine. That being said, I take no responsibilities for anything breaking your game or other general bugs. This is simply a copy-pasta from another part that does work with RT2.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Lazy8 said:

Anybody try this with 1.1.3 yet? I can't believe this hasn't already been incorporated into procedural parts....if I new how to code I'd do it :)

Still not incorporated.

I wish really someone to try it with new versions because I have no time at the moment.

5 hours ago, Lazy8 said:

I will try it out, just looking at the files now. I see there's two folders created. 1 for stock and 1 for RO. I play RO so I'm wondering do I use only 1 folder? or put them both in the gamedata folder?

Only RO folder :)

After extensively trying out procedural probe again, I am happy to report that everything seems to be working with my RO/RSS install. There were no crashes and no errors given while using it. Things I did see wrong are

1) Placing a PP on a spacecraft makes the s/c controllable no matter the size. For a RO game this is a bit of a cheat but I only use it on s/c that the avionics is broken on anyway and mostly sounding rockets.

2) I think it keeps remote tech link status green no matter what. I need to play around with it more but low altitude entries always remain green when other antenna's go red. Not sure if the RT config is working for this.

I am happy this is working though. thank you very much

19 minutes ago, Lazy8 said:

After extensively trying out procedural probe again, I am happy to report that everything seems to be working with my RO/RSS install. There were no crashes and no errors given while using it. Things I did see wrong are

1) Placing a PP on a spacecraft makes the s/c controllable no matter the size. For a RO game this is a bit of a cheat but I only use it on s/c that the avionics is broken on anyway and mostly sounding rockets.

2) I think it keeps remote tech link status green no matter what. I need to play around with it more but low altitude entries always remain green when other antenna's go red. Not sure if the RT config is working for this.

I am happy this is working though. thank you very much

Thank you. I should look to fix the problems Sunday.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no time at all at the moment to do anything regarding videogames. If someone wants to check for compatibility for sure is greatly welcome. Also if there is someone intrested in taking this project feel free to contact me.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, General Gold said:

Does this work with 1.12?

Hey @General Gold,

Did you or someone already test this in KSP 1.12.x?

And is there a newer version of this mod or the "Procedural Avionics" mod for non-RO/RP games?

(I search such a mod for Kerbalism and JNSQ.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.