Mechjeb and kerbal engineer

Scarredclown

...MechJeb presents a few autopilot options with other extras like auto-staging, auto-docking etc.

AND a huge amount of orbit, surface, vessel, target, transfer and other information. Have a look at the custom window editor for all the data you can display.

I stopped using KER because MJ could show me everything I needed, and more. (KER's back for comparison at the moment - and can't tell me the dV most of my vehicles have).

AND a huge amount of orbit, surface, vessel, target, transfer and other information. Have a look at the custom window editor for all the data you can display.

I stopped using KER because MJ could show me everything I needed, and more. (KER's back for comparison at the moment - and can't tell me the dV most of my vehicles have).

KER also has all these kind of information and does show dV. I've always used KER and never really tried MJ, but AFAIK the only real and significant difference is the auto-pilot/auto-staging/auto-whatever features in MJ.

Anyway, the one you will prefer is subjective, there have been a lot of debates over which one is the best, with no real outcome. Just try both and pick the one that you feel more comfortable with.

I have just installed mechjeb, but i didnt see anything in my game. I have to unlock it ? How ?

You have to add a MechJeb unit to your craft. There's a little radio pack in the command and control section in the VAB that you can add to an existing craft (also there is a MJ capsule in the capsule section) that will let you use the MJ. As mentioned above the custom window editor alone is worth it!

Moved over to General Add-on Affairs.

Information-wise MJ and KER are pretty similar. MJ does some more data logging that can be handy, KER has a better presentation of the data (IMO, of course). I've used both at different times, currently I'm running KER-only (but I miss some of the MJ's utilities like SmartASS).

KER also has all these kind of information and does show dV. I've always used KER and never really tried MJ, but AFAIK the only real and significant difference is the auto-pilot/auto-staging/auto-whatever features in MJ.

Yeah sure. You may want to test a mod before talking about it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.