StateFunding - 0.1.0

iamchairs

I downloaded 0.2.0 and noticed that for some reason the files that should be in the folder one would put in GameData (like the Squad folder containing stock parts) are just in the file within the download labelled GameData.

EDIT1: Response to Doughy: I just made a file in my Gamedata named StateFunding (like it had in 0.1.0) and copied the files to that.

Great looking mod. Like what I see so far.

The stranded kerbal definition seems incompatible with MKS. Disconnected bases will have a number of modules that don't have fuel, drills or science lab. Not sure if it would work right with EPL either.

Also, if your lander falls over you could be stranded but as long as they remain inside the ship with fuel until rescued it won't count.

This is just from looking at the definition in the screen shot. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I love the sound of this mod. I'd been thinking about doing this myself.

One mod I have (I think it's Interstellar) adds seismic impact science to the seismometer which requires crashing a craft into a celestial body. This would result in negative effects with your mod.

I'm not really sure of a way around this as you clearly want most crashes to negatively impact funding.

Would it perhaps be possible to not count craft that don't have any crew capacity, and perhaps no science instruments, or only science instruments that will return negligible science from that body?

Hmm, I can't seem to get satellite coverage over Kerbin. I have two satellites over there, both with antennae and probe cores. One has a fuel cell and the other has solar panels, yet apparently neither counts as a satellite...

Doesn't work with Kerbal Construction Time "Simulations". It claims I had 4 kerbal accidents and two vessel crashes. All of the accidents and deaths were in a simulator round before an actual launch. Therefor, I can not use this mod till this particular issue is fixed, as it is decreasing my funds and my reputation based on simulations to ensure no game glitches screw up my launches. I'm gonna cheat my money back in for now but I hope to see this fixed soon.

# Review for Quarter: 1

Funding: -16400

Public Opinion: 16
State Confidence: 24
Public Opinion After Modifiers & Decay: -64
State Confidence After Modifiers & Decay: 23

Active Kerbals: 0
Satellite Coverage: 0%
Active Mining Rigs: 0
Rovers: 0
Obital Science Stations: 0
Planetary Science Stations: 0
Govt. Contracts Completed: 0
Govt. Contracts Failed: 0
Kerbal "Accidents": 4
Stranded Kerbals: 0
Vessels Destroyed: 2

• 2 weeks later...

i picked this mod up today played around with it i like it i find myself picking up contracts i would ordinarily just decline ... i noticed it says in the GUI about government contracts .. is this a to be implemented feature cus ive yet to see one government contract or is there a contract pack or something that needs to be picked up to access this feature other than that its a pretty sweet mod ... will defiantly make it into my permanent play list

where is the savedata for this mod located? it lists 13 dead kerbals, which happened due to quickload. any way to change em back to 0?

or is it possible to count kerbal deaths only when you switch back to ksc?

Edited by Akronymus

where is the savedata for this mod located? it lists 13 dead kerbals, which happened due to quickload. any way to change em back to 0?

or is it possible to count kerbal deaths only when you switch back to ksc?

just edit the save file ... which can be found in the saves ..

found a bug with this mod ... when ever i make a base and give it the tag as a base state funding seems to take a dump ... and will show nothing in the gui .... when ever i change it to a station it starts right back up .....

and also satellite will only show up in the state funding menu if the satellite antenna is extended not sure if this is a bug or working as intended

For this mod it would probably better to have it look at the "Lost kerbals" stat for kerbal accidents instead of logging it if any die at any point. As users pointed out above any simulations where Kerbals die counts against you and you have to go erase it from the savefile.

• 2 weeks later...
For this mod it would probably better to have it look at the "Lost kerbals" stat for kerbal accidents instead of logging it if any die at any point. As users pointed out above any simulations where Kerbals die counts against you and you have to go erase it from the savefile.

why are u running simulations with kerbals ... thats why probe cores are around ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Every time I resume my game, I get the intro screen where I'm asked to choose USK or USSK.  That can't be the way it's supposed to be.  I could choose differently every time I resume my game.

Also, I'm in Year 1 Day 213, and there is only one quarterly report to view.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.