Sunflare in 1.0.4?

SmallFatFetus

Hello there!

I was looking through some old pictures of .25 and .90, and it made me realize how wonderful a modded sunflare (KSPRC, AVP, Better Atmospheres) made everything look. I've tried to install a .90 sunflare into 1.0, but saw somewhere that sunflares don't work between versions because the shared assets files change every update.

But, a few weeks ago, I was looking at one of pingopete's RSS albums, and saw that he had a modded sunflare.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

So how do I do this? Where do I download it?

Many thanks.

EDIT: album fixed.

Edited by SmallFatFetus

You can download one of there packs like RVE-KSP-1.0.4 has a file sharedassets9.assets you copy it to KSP/KSP_Data hope it helps.

Can confirm, sunflare.tex is now loacted in sharedassets9.assets, as mention by MeCripp you'd just need to put this in KSP_data and overwrite. HOWEVER The stock flare likely won't be bright enough. RVE used configs to make the sun flare bright enough, so you'd need to figure out how to encorperate this node into a non-RVE/RSS game. There may also be an issue with the texture's scale being wrong in a differently sized solar system.

Hmm. I'm loading up the game with the RVE sunflare now. We'll see how it goes.

http://imgur.com/a/a1aQp

Pretty buggy and weird looking. I don't know what's going on.

Yeah ok so we can see that the flare aspect is present but as expected is far to dim/transparent; this is the node which alters it's brightness for RVE:

@Kopernicus:FOR[RVE]
{
@Body[Sun]
{
@ScaledVersion
{
%SolarLightColor
{
%sunLensFlareColor = 33, 33, 33, 1
%sunAU = 1
!sunBrigthnessCurve {}
sunBrigthnessCurve
{
key = 0 300000 0 0
key = 1530000000 150000 0 0
key = 80000000000 100000 0 0
}
}
}
}
}

You might be able to just create a text file (called something.cfg), paste this code into it and put the .cfg into your gamedata, though it may well also not work so give it a try if you want :)

Edited by pingopete

Hello,

i desperately would like to have that extremely beautiful and realistic sunflare too. I've copied the sharedassets9.assets into the KSP_Data too, but it doesn't even show up, still got the old yellowish kerbol sun..

What do i have to do please? i'm not the brightest one concerning installing ksp plugins and stuff.. thx

(btw. this should be stock for sure!)

Hello,

i desperately would like to have that extremely beautiful and realistic sunflare too. I've copied the sharedassets9.assets into the KSP_Data too, but it doesn't even show up, still got the old yellowish kerbol sun..

What do i have to do please? i'm not the brightest one concerning installing ksp plugins and stuff.. thx

(btw. this should be stock for sure!)

Don't know about that sunflare, but I posted this in another thread:

There's this beautiful lens flare (which I use) in the Universe Replacer thread, and the way you install it (or any lens flare) is in this post. Note that the lens flare is now in the sharedassets9.assets file, not sharedassets10.assets.

Hope it helps

Edited by mythbusters844

well, thanks.. it seems to work now

but when the sun 'touches' the border of the screen it turns yellowish again

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150812/htvxq4dn.jpg

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150812/xoyswilm.jpg

also the cfg file has no effect at all

alas it's not as bright as in this :

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150812/x27i7y97.jpg

I think the reason why it turns yellow is because that's the actual sun's color behind the flare itself. It's probably because you're not using RSS, I think.

Also, the config needs Kopernicus in order to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.