ev0

[1.7.x] Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (for modded tech trees) v1.1.1

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, garwel said:

Besides, how do I revert back to 0.6? I couldn't find the old versions in Dropbox or on SpaceDock.

Okay, I'll look at your logs in a bit. For now, you can download older versions of the mod from SpaceDock under Changelog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for getting this to work with the Engineering Tech Tree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, garwel said:

On the ETT compatibility issue, here is my output log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8070528/KSP/ETT-HETTN log.txt

My mod list:

  Reveal hidden contents

[x] Science! (xScience v5.4)
Action Groups Extended (AGExt 2.2)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel v2.9.1.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v1.5.3)
CactEye Optics Community (CactEyeCommunity 1.2.1.10)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.91)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 1.2.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.6.3.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.0.2)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.22.1)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.5)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.0)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.5)
Contract Pack: Rover Missions (ContractConfigurator-RoverMissionsRedux 0.1.6.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts (ContractConfigurator-UnmannedContracts 0.3.27)
DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.23.2.0)
Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.8.1)
Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.8.1)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3.7)
Engine Lighting (EngineLighting 1.5)
Engineering Tech Tree (ETT 2:v20161211)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.2-2)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 5.5.3.0)
Extraplanetary Launchpads - No More Production (ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads-NoMoreProduction 1.0.0)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.2.5-2906)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.4.2)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 0.7.2)
Impact! (Impact v1.5.0)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 2.3)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 2.3)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.3.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.6.1.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.2.8)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.4.0.0)
Kerbal Inventory System - No Fun (KerbalInventorySystemNoFun v0.1.2)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.3.1)
Konstruction (Konstruction 0.1.7.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.2.2-2)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 1.0.3)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.22.1)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.6.2)
KSP Craft Organizer (VAB/SPH tags + craft searching) (KspCraftOrganizer 1.4)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.11.8)
KW Rocketry Redux (KWRocketryRedux 3.0.24.1)
KW Rocketry Redux - Instant Power Response Configs (KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr 3.0.24.1)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.1.3)
Maneuver Node Evolved (ManeuverNodeEvolved 2.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.2.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.7.5)
Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 (NavballDockAlignIndCE 1.0.1.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 0.8.2)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.8.2)
Near Future Electrical Extras: Decaying RTGs Patch (NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs 0.8.2)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 0.8.2)
Olympic1's ARP Icons (Olympic1ARPIcons v0.10.12)
Persistent Dynamic Pod Names (PersistentDynamicPodNames 0.1.6.1)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.8.1)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.5.2)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.5.2)
Realistic Atmospheres (RealisticAtmospheres 1.2.2)
Reentry Particle Effect (ReentryParticleEffect 1.2a)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.4.4.0)
REPOSoftTech-KSP Utils (RSTKSPUtils V0.23.1.0)
RoverScience Revisited (RoverScienceRevisited 2.2.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v16.11)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0256)
ShipManifest (ShipManifest 5.1.3.1)
SpacetuxSA (SpacetuxSA 0.3.12.1)
Stock Visual Enhancements: Scatterer Configs (SVE-Scatterer-Config 2:1.1.4)
Stock Visual Enhancements: Sunflare (SVE-Sunflare 2:1.1.4)
Stock Visual Enhancements-Medium Res (SVE-MediumResolution 2:1.1.4)
Surface Experiment Pack (SurfaceExperimentPack v2.1.1)
TakeCommandContinued (TakeCommandContinued 1.4.2)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v2.5.4)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.1.8)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.13)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.6.0.0)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.9.1.0)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.3.2)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.2.2.0)
USI Core (USI-Core 0.3.4.0)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:0.50.7.0)
USI Life Support (USI-LS 0.5.13.0)
USI Tools (USITools 0.8.6.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.6.0)
YongeTech Tech Trees Plugin Revived (YongeTechTreesPlugin-Revived v20161211)

 

Ah, you have the CTT and ETT installed. Try installing just one or the other. The logs are saying that the HETTN tech tree was never created because of an error with missing Unlocks nodes caused by incompatibility with the two tech tree formats that I didn't account for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ev0 said:

Ah, you have the CTT and ETT installed. Try installing just one or the other. The logs are saying that the HETTN tech tree was never created because of an error with missing Unlocks nodes caused by incompatibility with the two tech tree formats that I didn't account for.

My bad. CKAN forces you to install CTT with KSPIE, but the old ETT didn't conflict with it so I forgot about it. I will test it, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, garwel said:

I deleted the CTT folder, but the problem persists. Here is the log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8070528/KSP/ETT-HETTN log 2.txt

The HETTN tree still isn't being created. Check your ModuleManager.TechTree file and see if any nodes are missing Unlocks {} nodes. Then find out which mod those RDNode {}s are coming from, since I don't think they're coming from the ETT. Also if you enable Extra Debug Logging before you start/resume a game, I can get more debug info. Enable it, go back to the main menu, then resume the game again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ev0 said:

The HETTN tree still isn't being created. Check your ModuleManager.TechTree file and see if any nodes are missing Unlocks {} nodes. Then find out which mod those RDNode {}s are coming from, since I don't think they're coming from the ETT. Also if you enable Extra Debug Logging before you start/resume a game, I can get more debug info. Enable it, go back to the main menu, then resume the game again.

I didn't find any nodes without Unlocks. Here is the ModuleManager.TechTree file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8070528/KSP/ModuleManager.TechTree

And here is a new log, enabled from the start as you advised: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8070528/KSP/ETT-HETTN log 3.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2016 at 2:48 AM, garwel said:

I didn't find any nodes without Unlocks. Here is the ModuleManager.TechTree file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8070528/KSP/ModuleManager.TechTree

And here is a new log, enabled from the start as you advised: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8070528/KSP/ETT-HETTN log 3.txt

Thanks for the error report and logs, really appreciate it. Sorry it took so long to check it out:confused:

I found the problem, I forgot to assign an input to one of my error log messages:blush:. Following that, the error message was for duplicate nodes. You could get the error when, for example, you have the CTT and ETT both installed. Since a bunch of people complained about duplicate nodes in the CTT forum in the past, I purposefully make the mod throw an error so the Player can sort it out manually or inform the modder.

So you have duplicate nodes in your MM tech tree. I can't tell you which mods add the same nodes, but the error message should work now and at least tell you which node is duplicated (just the first duplicate node though, there might be more than one!). Download from below.

There's another bug with the zoom options now that I want to fix too before a new release.

HETTN temporary update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2016 at 3:49 PM, ev0 said:

Thanks for the error report and logs, really appreciate it. Sorry it took so long to check it out:confused:

I found the problem, I forgot to assign an input to one of my error log messages:blush:. Following that, the error message was for duplicate nodes. You could get the error when, for example, you have the CTT and ETT both installed. Since a bunch of people complained about duplicate nodes in the CTT forum in the past, I purposefully make the mod throw an error so the Player can sort it out manually or inform the modder.

So you have duplicate nodes in your MM tech tree. I can't tell you which mods add the same nodes, but the error message should work now and at least tell you which node is duplicated (just the first duplicate node though, there might be more than one!). Download from below.

There's another bug with the zoom options now that I want to fix too before a new release.

HETTN temporary update

Just wanted to say that even with this fix, the ETT doesn't work, it only shows stock tech tree.

Let me know if you need anything, here is the log file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rnifsbz6fuywnr/LogFile.zip?dl=0

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just wanted to say that even with this fix, the ETT doesn't work, it only shows stock tech tree.

Let me know if you need anything (ie:  a log file?)

Yep, log file please! And a list of your mods.  Also could you enable Extra Debug Logging in the HETTN game options before resuming your game? Or enable in game, go back to the main menu, then resume your game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ev0 said:

Yep, log file please! And a list of your mods.  Also could you enable Extra Debug Logging in the HETTN game options before resuming your game? Or enable in game, go back to the main menu, then resume your game.

Ok, here you go:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/heibfif5eouulkh/LogfileWExtraHETTNDebugLogging.zip?dl=0

Re. the list of mods, this is what Is in the log file::

Spoiler

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
EditorPartListScrollZDepth v1.0.0.0
ExceptionDetector v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.7.4 v2.7.4.0
000_AT_Utils v1.3.0.0
001_AnisotropicPartResizer v1.2.6198.1270
002_MultiAnimators v1.1.6198.1270
ConfigurableContainers v2.4.0.0
FilterExtensions v1.0.0.0
AllYAll v0.9.0.0 / v1.0.0.0
AnyRes v1.0.6154.26330
AutoAsparagus v2.2.5.0 / v2.2.5
AutomatedScreenshots v1.0.6150.13020
B9PartSwitch v1.5.3.0
BDAnimationModules v0.6.4.4
BetterBurnTime v1.0.0.0
BetterCrewAssignment v0.0.0.0
CameraFocusChanger v1.0.1.0
ChampagneBottle v1.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.9.91.1586
CCK v1.2.1.0
ContractConfigurator v1.0.0.0 / v1.22.2
UnmannedContracts v1.0.5980.31793
CrewManifest v0.6.3.0
DangIt v0.7.7.0
DefaultActionGroups v1.0.0.0
DeployableEngines v2.0.0.0
AGExt v1.0.0.0
kOSVoidAction v1.0.0.0
LandingHeight v1.0.0.0
ModActions v1.0.0.0
TWR1 v1.0.0.0
DistantObject v1.8.1.12781
DMagic v1.3.0.7 / vv1.3.7
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.16.0.0
ContractParser v1.0.5.0 / vv5.0
ProgressParser v1.0.6.0 / vv6.0
CapCom v1.0.2.5 / vv2.5
ContractsWindow v1.0.7.3 / vv7.3
ContractsWindow.Unity v1.0.7.3
DockSafe v1.0.2.0
DraggableAltimeter v0.0.0.0
DraggableNavball v0.0.0.0
EasyVesselSwitch v1.2.0.0 / v1.2.0 for KSP v1.2
KSPDev_Utils.0.19.0 v0.19.0.0 / v0.19.0 for KSP v1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux v3.3.11.1
Atmosphere v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
CelestialShadows v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
CityLights v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
EVEManager v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
PartFX v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
PQSManager v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
ShaderLoader v1.5.6131.22337 / v1.0.0.0
Terrain v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
TextureConfig v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
Utils v1.5.6131.22337 / v1.0.0.0
_BuildManager v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
EVAEnhancementsContinued v1.1.1.0
ExperimentTracker v1.0.0.0
Firespitter v7.3.6195.32439
FlexoTubes v1.0.4.0 / v4.0
FP_DockingSndFX v2.1.12.27690
FTLDriveContinued v0.1.6.2 / v1.0.0.0
GravityTurn v1.7.6.32456
HaystackContinued v0.5.2.1
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes v0.7.3.0
HullCamera v0.3.0.0
kerbal-impact v1.0.0.0
IndicatorLights v1.0.0.0
InterstellarFuelSwitch v2.3.1.0 / v2.3.1
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
JanitorsCloset v0.2.3.0 / v1.0.0.0
JSIAdvTransparentPods v0.1.13.0
RasterPropMonitor v0.28.0.18220
KAS v0.6.1.0 / v0.6.1 for KSP 1.2
KeepItStraight v1.0.1.0
KerbalEngineer v1.1.2.8
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
KerbalImprovedSaveSystem v2.1.0.39977
KerbalJointReinforcement v3.3.1.0
KerbalKrashSystem v1.0.0.0
KerbalKrashSystem_Leak v1.0.0.0
EZ_Particlez v1.0.0.0
KerbalKrashSystem_Repair v1.0.0.0
KerbalKrashSystem_Science v1.0.0.0
KerbalLaunchFailure v0.4.1.0 / v1.0.0.0
HyperEdit v1.5.3.0
BetterKerbNet v1.0.2.1
KIS v1.4.0.0 / v1.4.0 for KSP 1.2
KSPDev_Utils v0.17.0.0 / v0.17.0 for KSP v1.2
KRASH v0.0.0.0
KronalUtils v0.0.6.0 / v1.0.0.0
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.2
BetterManeuvering v1.0.2.3 / v2.3
BetterManeuvering.Unity v1.0.2.3
AnimatedIntakes v1.0.0.0
TweakableAnimator v1.0.0.0
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / v / v2.6.0.0
MinAmbience v1.0.6130.30806
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.3.0
NavBallAdjustor v1.5.0.0
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE v1.0.1.1 / v1.0.0.0
NavHud v0.0.0.0
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator v1.0.0.0
DPAI_RPM v1.0.0.0
ModuleDockingNodeNamed v1.0.0.0
NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0
NearFuturePropulsion v0.7.5.12674 / v0.7.5.*
NearFutureSolar v0.4.0.0
KspHelper v1.0.0.0
ScienceSituationInfo v1.0.0.0
PartCommanderContinued v1.0.3.0
PartWizard v1.3.0.22 / v1.3.0.0
PebkacLaunchEscape2 v1.2.2.2
PlanetShine v1.0.6121.34655
PortraitStats v1.0.12.0
ProceduralFairings v0.0.3.17
QuickSearch v3.1.1.33131
RCSBuildAid v0.9.1.29305
RealChute v1.4.6131.28216 / v1.4.2.0
ReentryParticleEffect v1.2.0.0
AmpYear v1.4.4.0
DeepFreeze v0.23.2.0
RetractableLiftingSurface v0.1.1.0 / v1.0.0.0
SafeChute v2.1.4.0 / v2.1.4
SCANsat v1.6.0.11 / vv16.11
scatterer v1.0.6134.38560
ScienceRelay v1.0.3.1 / vv3.1
SensiblePumps v1.2.0.0
CLSInterfaces v1.0.0.0
ShipManifest v5.1.3.1
SmartParts v1.7.0.0
SmartStage v0.0.0.0
SmokeScreen v2.7.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v9.0.0.0 / v9.0.0
StageRecovery v1.6.6.0
SEPScience v1.2.1.3 / v2.1.3
SEPScience.Unity v1.2.1.3
SurfaceExperimentPack v1.4.2.0
SurfaceLights v1.3.1.0 / v1.3.1 for KSP v1.2
ModuleBounce v1.0.0.0
TacFuelBalancer v2.11.6185.40230
TakeCommand v1.4.0.11 / v1.4.0.0
TextureReplacer v2.5.4.0
ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.3.1.0
TimeControl v2.4.6198.40510 / v2.4.0
ToadicusTools v0.22.0.0
TotalTime v0.6.4.2
Trajectories v1.6.5.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.3.0
TransferWindowPlanner v1.6.0.0
TweakableDeployablePanels v0.1.18.0
TweakableDockingNode v0.1.18.0
TweakableEVA v0.1.18.0
TweakableFuelPumps v0.1.16.1
TweakableGimbals v0.1.18.0
TweakableIntakes v0.1.18.0
TweakableParachutes v0.1.18.0
TweakableReactionWheels v0.1.18.0
TweakableSAS v0.1.18.0
Scale v2.3.3.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
VanguardTechnologies v1.0.0.0
VaporVent v1.0.0.0
WasdEditorCamera v1.0.6150.15461
WaypointManager v1.0.0.0 / v2.6.0
YongeTech_TreeConverter v1.0.0.0
YongeTech_RDIconLoader v1.0.0.0
YongeTech_TechTreesExpansion v1.0.0.0
ZeroMiniAVC v1.0.4.32363
[x] Science! v5.4.6185.40021

Folders and files in GameData:
000_AT_Utils
000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions Configs
AllYAll
AnyRes
AutoAsparagus
AutomatedScreenShots
B9PartSwitch
BahaSP
Better Science Labs Continued
BetterBurnTime
BetterCrewAssignment
BZ-1
CameraFocusChanger
Champagne
Chatterer
ColorCodedCans
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
ConfigurableContainers
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CrewManifest
DangIt
DecayingRTGs
DefaultActionGroups
DeployableEngines
Diazo
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicScienceAnimate
DMagicUtilities
DockSafe
DraggableAltimeter
DraggableNavball
EasyVesselSwitch
EditorExtensionsRedux
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
ETT
EVAEnhancements
EVAEnhancementsContinued
ExperimentTracker
Firespitter
FlexoDocking
FP_DPSoundFX
FTLDriveContinued
FuelTanksPlus
GravityTurn
HaystackContinued
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
HullCameraVDS
Impact
IndicatorLights
IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JanitorsCloset
JSI
KAS
KeepItStraight
KerbalEngineer
KerbalImprovedSaveSystem
KerbalJointReinforcement
KerbalKrashSystem
KerbalLaunchFailure
Kerbaltek
KerbNetController
KIS
KRASH
KronalUtils
KSP-AVC
KWRocketry
ManeuverNodeEvolved
MarkIVSystem
MechJeb2
MinAmbience
MiniAVC
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModPods
ModRocketSys
ModsByTal
ModularFlightIntegrator
MP_Nazari
NavBallAdjustor
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
NavHud
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NEBULA
NSS
OLDD
PartCommanderContinued
PartWizard
Pebkac
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
ProceduralFairings
QuickMods
QuizTechAeroContinued
RCSBuildAid
RealChute
RealPlume
ReentryParticleEffect
REPOSoftTech
RetractableLiftingSurface
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ScienceRelay
SensiblePumpsCont
ShipManifest
SmartParts
SmartStage
SmokeScreen
spacetux
SpaceY-Expanded
SpaceY-Lifters
Stock folder: Squad

StageRecovery
StockVisualEnhancements
SurfaceExperimentPackage
SurfaceLights
SXT
TacFuelBalancer
TakeCommand
TextureReplacer
ThrottleControlledAvionics
TimeControl
ToadicusTools
TotalTime
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakableEverything
TweakScale
VanguardTechnologies
VaporVent
WasdEditorCamera
WaypointManager
YongeTech_TechTreeConverter
YongeTech_TechTreesPlugin
ZeroMiniAVC
[x] Science!
EditorPartListScrollZDepth.dll
ExceptionDetector.dll
MechJebAndEngineerForAll.cfg
ModuleManager.2.7.4.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
totaltime.dat

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, this is from someone else who had issues, may be a clue:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, here you go:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/heibfif5eouulkh/LogfileWExtraHETTNDebugLogging.zip?dl=0

Re. the list of mods, this is what Is in the log file::

  Hide contents

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
EditorPartListScrollZDepth v1.0.0.0
ExceptionDetector v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.7.4 v2.7.4.0
000_AT_Utils v1.3.0.0
001_AnisotropicPartResizer v1.2.6198.1270
002_MultiAnimators v1.1.6198.1270
ConfigurableContainers v2.4.0.0
FilterExtensions v1.0.0.0
AllYAll v0.9.0.0 / v1.0.0.0
AnyRes v1.0.6154.26330
AutoAsparagus v2.2.5.0 / v2.2.5
AutomatedScreenshots v1.0.6150.13020
B9PartSwitch v1.5.3.0
BDAnimationModules v0.6.4.4
BetterBurnTime v1.0.0.0
BetterCrewAssignment v0.0.0.0
CameraFocusChanger v1.0.1.0
ChampagneBottle v1.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.9.91.1586
CCK v1.2.1.0
ContractConfigurator v1.0.0.0 / v1.22.2
UnmannedContracts v1.0.5980.31793
CrewManifest v0.6.3.0
DangIt v0.7.7.0
DefaultActionGroups v1.0.0.0
DeployableEngines v2.0.0.0
AGExt v1.0.0.0
kOSVoidAction v1.0.0.0
LandingHeight v1.0.0.0
ModActions v1.0.0.0
TWR1 v1.0.0.0
DistantObject v1.8.1.12781
DMagic v1.3.0.7 / vv1.3.7
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric v0.16.0.0
ContractParser v1.0.5.0 / vv5.0
ProgressParser v1.0.6.0 / vv6.0
CapCom v1.0.2.5 / vv2.5
ContractsWindow v1.0.7.3 / vv7.3
ContractsWindow.Unity v1.0.7.3
DockSafe v1.0.2.0
DraggableAltimeter v0.0.0.0
DraggableNavball v0.0.0.0
EasyVesselSwitch v1.2.0.0 / v1.2.0 for KSP v1.2
KSPDev_Utils.0.19.0 v0.19.0.0 / v0.19.0 for KSP v1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux v3.3.11.1
Atmosphere v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
CelestialShadows v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
CityLights v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
EVEManager v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
PartFX v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
PQSManager v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
ShaderLoader v1.5.6131.22337 / v1.0.0.0
Terrain v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
TextureConfig v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
Utils v1.5.6131.22337 / v1.0.0.0
_BuildManager v1.5.6131.22338 / v1.0.0.0
EVAEnhancementsContinued v1.1.1.0
ExperimentTracker v1.0.0.0
Firespitter v7.3.6195.32439
FlexoTubes v1.0.4.0 / v4.0
FP_DockingSndFX v2.1.12.27690
FTLDriveContinued v0.1.6.2 / v1.0.0.0
GravityTurn v1.7.6.32456
HaystackContinued v0.5.2.1
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes v0.7.3.0
HullCamera v0.3.0.0
kerbal-impact v1.0.0.0
IndicatorLights v1.0.0.0
InterstellarFuelSwitch v2.3.1.0 / v2.3.1
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
JanitorsCloset v0.2.3.0 / v1.0.0.0
JSIAdvTransparentPods v0.1.13.0
RasterPropMonitor v0.28.0.18220
KAS v0.6.1.0 / v0.6.1 for KSP 1.2
KeepItStraight v1.0.1.0
KerbalEngineer v1.1.2.8
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
KerbalImprovedSaveSystem v2.1.0.39977
KerbalJointReinforcement v3.3.1.0
KerbalKrashSystem v1.0.0.0
KerbalKrashSystem_Leak v1.0.0.0
EZ_Particlez v1.0.0.0
KerbalKrashSystem_Repair v1.0.0.0
KerbalKrashSystem_Science v1.0.0.0
KerbalLaunchFailure v0.4.1.0 / v1.0.0.0
HyperEdit v1.5.3.0
BetterKerbNet v1.0.2.1
KIS v1.4.0.0 / v1.4.0 for KSP 1.2
KSPDev_Utils v0.17.0.0 / v0.17.0 for KSP v1.2
KRASH v0.0.0.0
KronalUtils v0.0.6.0 / v1.0.0.0
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.2
BetterManeuvering v1.0.2.3 / v2.3
BetterManeuvering.Unity v1.0.2.3
AnimatedIntakes v1.0.0.0
TweakableAnimator v1.0.0.0
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / v / v2.6.0.0
MinAmbience v1.0.6130.30806
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.3.0
NavBallAdjustor v1.5.0.0
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE v1.0.1.1 / v1.0.0.0
NavHud v0.0.0.0
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator v1.0.0.0
DPAI_RPM v1.0.0.0
ModuleDockingNodeNamed v1.0.0.0
NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0
NearFuturePropulsion v0.7.5.12674 / v0.7.5.*
NearFutureSolar v0.4.0.0
KspHelper v1.0.0.0
ScienceSituationInfo v1.0.0.0
PartCommanderContinued v1.0.3.0
PartWizard v1.3.0.22 / v1.3.0.0
PebkacLaunchEscape2 v1.2.2.2
PlanetShine v1.0.6121.34655
PortraitStats v1.0.12.0
ProceduralFairings v0.0.3.17
QuickSearch v3.1.1.33131
RCSBuildAid v0.9.1.29305
RealChute v1.4.6131.28216 / v1.4.2.0
ReentryParticleEffect v1.2.0.0
AmpYear v1.4.4.0
DeepFreeze v0.23.2.0
RetractableLiftingSurface v0.1.1.0 / v1.0.0.0
SafeChute v2.1.4.0 / v2.1.4
SCANsat v1.6.0.11 / vv16.11
scatterer v1.0.6134.38560
ScienceRelay v1.0.3.1 / vv3.1
SensiblePumps v1.2.0.0
CLSInterfaces v1.0.0.0
ShipManifest v5.1.3.1
SmartParts v1.7.0.0
SmartStage v0.0.0.0
SmokeScreen v2.7.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v9.0.0.0 / v9.0.0
StageRecovery v1.6.6.0
SEPScience v1.2.1.3 / v2.1.3
SEPScience.Unity v1.2.1.3
SurfaceExperimentPack v1.4.2.0
SurfaceLights v1.3.1.0 / v1.3.1 for KSP v1.2
ModuleBounce v1.0.0.0
TacFuelBalancer v2.11.6185.40230
TakeCommand v1.4.0.11 / v1.4.0.0
TextureReplacer v2.5.4.0
ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.3.1.0
TimeControl v2.4.6198.40510 / v2.4.0
ToadicusTools v0.22.0.0
TotalTime v0.6.4.2
Trajectories v1.6.5.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.3.0
TransferWindowPlanner v1.6.0.0
TweakableDeployablePanels v0.1.18.0
TweakableDockingNode v0.1.18.0
TweakableEVA v0.1.18.0
TweakableFuelPumps v0.1.16.1
TweakableGimbals v0.1.18.0
TweakableIntakes v0.1.18.0
TweakableParachutes v0.1.18.0
TweakableReactionWheels v0.1.18.0
TweakableSAS v0.1.18.0
Scale v2.3.3.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
VanguardTechnologies v1.0.0.0
VaporVent v1.0.0.0
WasdEditorCamera v1.0.6150.15461
WaypointManager v1.0.0.0 / v2.6.0
YongeTech_TreeConverter v1.0.0.0
YongeTech_RDIconLoader v1.0.0.0
YongeTech_TechTreesExpansion v1.0.0.0
ZeroMiniAVC v1.0.4.32363
[x] Science! v5.4.6185.40021

Folders and files in GameData:
000_AT_Utils
000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions Configs
AllYAll
AnyRes
AutoAsparagus
AutomatedScreenShots
B9PartSwitch
BahaSP
Better Science Labs Continued
BetterBurnTime
BetterCrewAssignment
BZ-1
CameraFocusChanger
Champagne
Chatterer
ColorCodedCans
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
ConfigurableContainers
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CrewManifest
DangIt
DecayingRTGs
DefaultActionGroups
DeployableEngines
Diazo
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicScienceAnimate
DMagicUtilities
DockSafe
DraggableAltimeter
DraggableNavball
EasyVesselSwitch
EditorExtensionsRedux
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
ETT
EVAEnhancements
EVAEnhancementsContinued
ExperimentTracker
Firespitter
FlexoDocking
FP_DPSoundFX
FTLDriveContinued
FuelTanksPlus
GravityTurn
HaystackContinued
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
HullCameraVDS
Impact
IndicatorLights
IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JanitorsCloset
JSI
KAS
KeepItStraight
KerbalEngineer
KerbalImprovedSaveSystem
KerbalJointReinforcement
KerbalKrashSystem
KerbalLaunchFailure
Kerbaltek
KerbNetController
KIS
KRASH
KronalUtils
KSP-AVC
KWRocketry
ManeuverNodeEvolved
MarkIVSystem
MechJeb2
MinAmbience
MiniAVC
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModPods
ModRocketSys
ModsByTal
ModularFlightIntegrator
MP_Nazari
NavBallAdjustor
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
NavHud
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NEBULA
NSS
OLDD
PartCommanderContinued
PartWizard
Pebkac
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
ProceduralFairings
QuickMods
QuizTechAeroContinued
RCSBuildAid
RealChute
RealPlume
ReentryParticleEffect
REPOSoftTech
RetractableLiftingSurface
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ScienceRelay
SensiblePumpsCont
ShipManifest
SmartParts
SmartStage
SmokeScreen
spacetux
SpaceY-Expanded
SpaceY-Lifters
Stock folder: Squad

StageRecovery
StockVisualEnhancements
SurfaceExperimentPackage
SurfaceLights
SXT
TacFuelBalancer
TakeCommand
TextureReplacer
ThrottleControlledAvionics
TimeControl
ToadicusTools
TotalTime
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakableEverything
TweakScale
VanguardTechnologies
VaporVent
WasdEditorCamera
WaypointManager
YongeTech_TechTreeConverter
YongeTech_TechTreesPlugin
ZeroMiniAVC
[x] Science!
EditorPartListScrollZDepth.dll
ExceptionDetector.dll
MechJebAndEngineerForAll.cfg
ModuleManager.2.7.4.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
totaltime.dat

 

HETTN says you have duplicate nodes with ID "experimentalRocketry". Probably from KWRocketry. Can you update KWRocketry with a NEEDS[!ETT]?

Also you can check for error messages for duplicate nodes in the Alt+F12 menu after you resume your game. But you probably want to turn OFF Extra Debug Logging before that. If it's on, it outputs A LOT of extra debug stuff:wink:

In the future, I might combine duplicate nodes or flash a message on screen. For now, I think it's best to have the player remove duplicate nodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ev0 said:

HETTN says you have duplicate nodes with ID "experimentalRocketry". Probably from KWRocketry. Can you update KWRocketry with a NEEDS[!ETT]?

Also you can check for error messages for duplicate nodes in the Alt+F12 menu after you resume your game. But you probably want to turn OFF Extra Debug Logging before that. If it's on, it outputs A LOT of extra debug stuff:wink:

In the future, I might combine duplicate nodes or flash a message on screen. For now, I think it's best to have the player remove duplicate nodes.

I can do that, I'll add it to the next KW release

However, it would be very good if you could combine duplicate nodes.  It really isn't easy for someone who isn't technical to remove the duplicate nodes themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can do that, I'll add it to the next KW release

However, it would be very good if you could combine duplicate nodes.  It really isn't easy for someone who isn't technical to remove the duplicate nodes themselves

Just an FYI, I had to deal with two more duplicate nodes caused by SpaceY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.7.3 Update

Changes:

  • Fixed issue with zoom options due to bug in 1.2.2 when inputs are a percent
  • Added better error output when there are duplicate nodes. Displays message on screen

@linuxgurugamer Hopefully this will help people fix any duplicate node problems. I think it's better to inform modders to avoid duplicate nodes (for example, add NEEDS[!ETT] to config files) instead of trying to combine them. If a player wanted to modify a node with their own MM patch, they would probably end up only modifying the first RDNode and miss edits on the duplicate nodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ev0 said:

Version 0.7.3 Update

Changes:

  • Fixed issue with zoom options due to bug in 1.2.2 when inputs are a percent
  • Added better error output when there are duplicate nodes. Displays message on screen

@linuxgurugamer Hopefully this will help people fix any duplicate node problems. I think it's better to inform modders to avoid duplicate nodes (for example, add NEEDS[!ETT] to config files) instead of trying to combine them. If a player wanted to modify a node with their own MM patch, they would probably end up only modifying the first RDNode and miss edits on the duplicate nodes.

Personally, I'd see if the duplicate nodes can be combined automatically.  This way the player is still up the creek if there is a problem.

But, the better error output should help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ev0,

Just a heads up that after updating to the latest release it prevents me from being able to load the Space Center from the Main menu for any saved games or any new games of any type. The logs end with:

[LOG 10:53:29.962] [HETTN] New default tech tree path: GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree.
[LOG 10:53:29.962] [HETTN] Current tech tree path: GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree.
[LOG 10:53:29.989] [HETTN] "Unlocks" nodes were found. Changed TechRequred fields for listed Parts.
[LOG 10:53:29.998] [HETTN] Not hiding 0 unique PARTUPGRADE only nodes.

KSP stops responding and eventually just crashes. Rolling back to the previous version or removing the mod prevents this from occurring. I am using BOTH ETT and CTT, it seemed like some mod patches to CTT made parts show in ETT where they were not without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Personally, I'd see if the duplicate nodes can be combined automatically.  This way the player is still up the creek if there is a problem.

But, the better error output should help.

I was thinking about it, but then player MM edits might not work 100% so in the end it's always better to fix the problem at its source in the mod's MM patches. This time though my mod won't crap out:wink: It adds a suffix to the duplicate node (Dup#), so the game loads both nodes but displays the warning message.

1 hour ago, Tynrael said:

Hi ev0,

Just a heads up that after updating to the latest release it prevents me from being able to load the Space Center from the Main menu for any saved games or any new games of any type. The logs end with:


[LOG 10:53:29.962] [HETTN] New default tech tree path: GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree.
[LOG 10:53:29.962] [HETTN] Current tech tree path: GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree.
[LOG 10:53:29.989] [HETTN] "Unlocks" nodes were found. Changed TechRequred fields for listed Parts.
[LOG 10:53:29.998] [HETTN] Not hiding 0 unique PARTUPGRADE only nodes.

KSP stops responding and eventually just crashes. Rolling back to the previous version or removing the mod prevents this from occurring. I am using BOTH ETT and CTT, it seemed like some mod patches to CTT made parts show in ETT where they were not without it.

Thanks for the report. In Hide Empty Tech Tree options could you enable Extra Debug Logging, start a new game, then send me the output_log.txt file? Also my mod made some changes to ETT support. It now forces the ETT to use the MM tech tree, so if you have the ETT and CTT both installed then you'll have about 70 duplicate nodes loaded. Still, it shouldn't crash:confused:

Edit: Also the ETT will still overwrite all MM patches to the TechRequired field for parts, so the parts should still show up where the ETT wants them. But you might get problems with this if you have duplicate nodes.

Edited by ev0
Info on part location

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ev0 said:

I was thinking about it, but then player MM edits might not work 100% so in the end it's always better to fix the problem at its source in the mod's MM patches. This time though my mod won't crap out:wink: It adds a suffix to the duplicate node (Dup#), so the game loads both nodes but displays the warning message.

Oh, that's much better.  But, when you research one, will the other be researched as well, or will you have to research both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, that's much better.  But, when you research one, will the other be researched as well, or will you have to research both?

I did a quick test. It looks like the duplicate node has the same parts assigned to it as the original node, but it's actually hidden. Can unresearched/unpurchased parts not be assigned to multiple nodes? Or maybe since I add the "Dup#" suffix, the parts don't actually load to the duplicate node.

The duplicate nodes still should be taken care of though. My mod mod makes a new tech tree without empty nodes, but the duplicate node is still being written to my tech tree. This can lead to a certain issue when you visit certain monoliths in the game. I could remove the duplicate from my tree, but I think it's still better to fix the problem at its source.

Edited by ev0
Edit to first paragraph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ev0 said:

Thanks for the report. In Hide Empty Tech Tree options could you enable Extra Debug Logging, start a new game, then send me the output_log.txt file?

How do you get to HETTN options, I don't see any added buttons with the previous version that lets me start KSP and neither version seems to be creating additional files beyond the dll and license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tynrael said:

How do you get to HETTN options, I don't see any added buttons with the previous version that lets me start KSP and neither version seems to be creating additional files beyond the dll and license.

Start Game -> Start New -> Difficulty Options (bottom left button). Then there should be a button the the left for Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ev0 said:

I did a quick test. It looks like the duplicate node has the same parts assigned to it as the original node, but it's actually hidden. Can unresearched/unpurchased parts not be assigned to multiple nodes? Or maybe since I add the "Dup#" suffix, the parts don't actually load to the duplicate node.

The duplicate nodes still should be taken care of though. My mod mod makes a new tech tree without empty nodes, but the duplicate node is still being written to my tech tree. This can lead to a certain issue when you visit certain monoliths in the game. I could remove the duplicate from my tree, but I think it's still better to fix the problem at its source.

What I think happens is that the dup# suffix is treated as a different node, and the parts are put into the first one.

Why not have an option to remove the dup nodes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.