[1.12.x] Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (for modded tech trees) v1.3.2

ev0

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why not have an option to remove the dup nodes?

Yep, I might for the next HETTN release/patch. I need to test it with the ETT first to see how it affects the Unlocks {} nodes if the ETT node becomes the duplicate node. Looking at my code I think the Unlocks {} nodes should still work. Just some MM patches might be missed.

It seems like the advanced debugging will prevent KSP from timing out and crashing but that HETTN also logs errors for possibly infinity. I let it run about 20 minutes before force closing KSP, the log is a little too large to post.

Rows 193,067 to 6,728,047 are all HETTN and the output_log is over 500MB. I am not sure it would have ever stopped.

[HETTN Debug] Found in box: "advSolarTech" at (-1810,1175)  (Tech line bend at (-1532,1210)).

Here is an example of what the majority of the messages look like, I did a count for this exact string in Notepad++ and this same debug message exists 58,266 times.

1 hour ago, Tynrael said:

It seems like the advanced debugging will prevent KSP from timing out and crashing but that HETTN also logs errors for possibly infinity. I let it run about 20 minutes before force closing KSP, the log is a little too large to post.

Rows 193,067 to 6,728,047 are all HETTN and the output_log is over 500MB. I am not sure it would have ever stopped.

[HETTN Debug] Found in box: "advSolarTech" at (-1810,1175)  (Tech line bend at (-1532,1210)).

Here is an example of what the majority of the messages look like, I did a count for this exact string in Notepad++ and this same debug message exists 58,266 times.

Ah, okay I reproduced the bug. I'll get a fix out.

2 hours ago, ev0 said:

Yep, I might for the next HETTN release/patch. I need to test it with the ETT first to see how it affects the Unlocks {} nodes if the ETT node becomes the duplicate node. Looking at my code I think the Unlocks {} nodes should still work. Just some MM patches might be missed.

Well, you could hard-code in a hierachy of mods, in that, for example, ETT would take priority over KW, etc

Version 0.7.4 Update

• Fixed infinite loop bug that happens when two nodes are on top of each other (might happen if you have duplicate nodes)

@Tynrael

Okay, there should be no more freezing. Let me know if there are any other issues. But since this mod forces using the MM Tech Tree even with the ETT and Yonge's Plugin, if you have both the CTT and ETT installed you'll still end up with a messy looking, incorrect tech tree. That's a compatibility issue, since they both add the same nodes with the same IDs.

If you originally had two saved games using different tech trees thanks to Yonge's Plugin, or something like that, unfortunately now you'll have to make separate installs, each with one of your saved games (copy-paste).

And don't worry, even though I'm forcing the MM Tech Tree, any TechRequirement changes made by the ETT will overwrite any MM patches made by other modders. (By the way if you ever want to edit the ETT, you can follow step two in this example)

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, you could hard-code in a hierachy of mods, in that, for example, ETT would take priority over KW, etc

I was thinking about that too, but I'd rather not hard code anything like that. Ultimately it's a compatibility issue that should be resolved in the @TechTree edit patches. I don't think many mods add their own tech nodes anyway. KSP-IE changed to the CTT, you patched KW Rocketry, now SpaceY and maybe a handful of other mods just need to do the same. The warning message should be enough to help people with fixing that.

• 4 months later...
On 5/30/2017 at 11:54 PM, wile1411 said:

This seems to have broken with the 1.3 update.

I had to fix something with the Difficulty Settings. Give this a try (1.3.0 download). I'll put a proper release on SpaceDock/CKAN as soon as I check it against the upcomming CTT.

---

Edit: Okay, link works now. My Dropbox account was banned for using too much bandwidth!?? This 100 KB mod is the only thing on that account! The above link is for Google Drive. I guess I'll have to make a GitHub account.

Edited by ev0
Removed link. Use v0.8.0 from SpaceDock

Thanks for the quick update - I can confirm the update works with KSP 1.3 no problem.

Github is great for allowing people to download old mod versions all in a central location rather than hunt through expired forums links for a version they are trying to play with.

I'd recommend put both the 1.22 and 1.3 versions of the mod on the OP for a little while. I've seen quite a few other mods get immediate requests for the older version of their mods the minute it gets changed to 1.3 on the OP.

Edited by wile1411

4 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

Thanks for the quick update - I can confirm it works with no problem.

Github is great for allowing people to download old mod versions all in a central location rather than hunt through expired forums links for a version they are trying to play with.

I'd recommend put the 1.22 and the 1.3 version on the OP for a little while. I've seen other mods get immediate requests for the older version of their mods the minute it gets changed on the OP.

Nice, thanks for the confirmation. The older versions are readily available on SpaceDock on the Changelog page, but not everyone knows that. So good shout on mentioning something on the OP. The problem is finding a place for the source code, which I guess Dropbox just doesn't make the cut.

On 31-5-2017 at 8:49 AM, ev0 said:

I had to fix something with the Difficulty Settings. Give this a try (1.3.0 download). I'll put a proper release on SpaceDock/CKAN as soon as I check it against the upcomming CTT.

---

Edit: Okay, link works now. My Dropbox account was banned for using too much bandwidth!?? This 100 KB mod is the only thing on that account! The above link is for Google Drive. I guess I'll have to make a GitHub account.

It seems to work alright with CTT for 1.3

v0.8.0 - KSP v1.3.0 update

Changelog

• Fixed bug in settings menu introduced with KSP v1.3.0
  • Added localization support (settings menu) b/c why not. Includes English and Japanese translations

4 hours ago, ev0 said:

v0.8.0 - KSP v1.3.0 update

Changelog

• Fixed bug in settings menu introduced with KSP v1.3.0
  • Added localization support (settings menu) b/c why not. Includes English and Japanese translations

Thanks @ev0!

• 2 months later...

v.1.0.0

Changelog

• Added option to change research requirements to "Default", "Any", or "All"
  • Added option to remove empty space created from rows/columns of empty nodes (for the very OCD). See album.

I think this mod is feature complete now. Any updates will be for maintenance, or if someone has any good suggestions for other features. Cheers!

source until I figure out GitHub

Edited by ev0
source

8 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I might be a bit late bit I would advice to add support for MiniAVC. All it requires is for you to register your mod and add a config file to your download package

Sure, I'll add it for the KSP 1.3.1 update.

3 hours ago, Vorg said:

Not sure what this means: 

• Added option to change research requirements to "Default", "Any", or "All"

I added a new option in the HETTN settings menu to change all node unlock requirements to Any or All, or just keep them as the tech tree's default. See image:

JD2oV1y.jpg

You could do the same with a MM edit, but this was easy enough to add to the plugin.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AcinonyxJubatus said:

Hi there. Is there a way to "reset" the hiding of the tech nodes, when a mod supported by the tech tree has been added to an existing career?

You can add part mods freely. The mod makes a new tech tree each time you resume your existing career, so if a node now has parts in it you will see it and any node parent-child connections will change accordingly.

Just one thing to note though. Any nodes you previously researched will stay researched. Meaning even if your new unhidden node is now a requirement to research an old node that you already researched, the old node will still be researched. The new node will not be researched.

6 hours ago, ev0 said:

You can add part mods freely. The mod makes a new tech tree each time you resume your existing career, so if a node now has parts in it you will see it and any node parent-child connections will change accordingly.

Just one thing to note though. Any nodes you previously researched will stay researched. Meaning even if your new unhidden node is now a requirement to research an old node that you already researched, the old node will still be researched. The new node will not be researched.

OK thanks. The issue I have about stuff not appearing in the tree is probably due the other mod then (it's only one mod actually, I realized that after writing my post).

21 hours ago, AcinonyxJubatus said:

OK thanks. The issue I have about stuff not appearing in the tree is probably due the other mod then (it's only one mod actually, I realized that after writing my post).

The parts should definitely be showing up. Which part mod are you using?

6 hours ago, ev0 said:

For that mod, make sure that the file GameData/KeridianDynamics/KeridianDynamics-CTT.cfg exists. Other than that, I couldn't say what's wrong.

Thanks for your answer. Only one of my career files happened to have this issue and I'm not dealing with it anymore. If you say Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes normally manages this issue, that's all I'm asking for, really. Thanks again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.