[1.0.5] StateFunding 0.3.4

iamchairs

I looked back through the thread and I haven't noticed this problem. So It seems that my screens don't look like the ones on the front screen. Am I missing something?

Hmm. What is your screen resolution and what resolution are you playing at? A higher resolution would fix this.

Sharing my Government

Hehe, I like it.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I worked out what the hell was going on. It was a mod I was using, "Antenna Ranges", that alters antennae so that the module that actually transmits data has a different name. This meant your mod wasn't detecting the antennae :P

On another note, you may want to include RTGs as potential energy sources - solar panels don't do much good on the far edges of the solar system.

Can you pls post how you fixed it? I have the same problem and editing the modulealiases only made it worse. :(

Can you pls post how you fixed it? I have the same problem and editing the modulealiases only made it worse. :(

what should work is if you go into GameData/StateFunding/Data and open the file modulealiases.settings you should be able to add ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter under the communication setup.

what should work is if you go into GameData/StateFunding/Data and open the file modulealiases.settings you should be able to add ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter under the communication setup.

That's what I did. I tried both adding a new line and replacing existing ones. The only effect it has is that no data is shown in StateFunding at all when I start the game back up. Even the descriptions in the individual tabs (sat coverage, bases, stations, etc...) are gone.

Strangely the satellites are not recognized even when I delete the AntennaRange folder. Seems like I have another mod that meddles with data transmitters... I'll post it here when I figure it out. Thanks anyway!

@iamchairs: Awesome mod, thank you!

E: Space Station is recognized... Is it possible that the mod only takes craft into account, which are launched after installation?

Edited by Zoidos
Update

Ok, so now I have removed AntennaRange entirely, satellites are still not showing up.

In addition, I had a Mun Base (mostly UKS parts) which was not showing up either, but I also had a space station which was registered. Then I added a mining rig to my Mun Base and suddenly all the information was gone from StateFunding again (incl. descriptions, same issue as before).

I tried to reinstall the mod, no effect. Any ideas, where I could start troubleshooting? I also looked into that vesselhelper thingy, but coudln't really figure out how that could help (or what it actually does, come to that). I really want to try this mod, so any help is highly appreciated.

Hi there! Great idea, i will keep an eye on this one.

I have one request i have to ask for: Kerbal construction time offers "Flight Simulatons", i think they work by simply reverting the simulated flight. I have tested this, and noticed that your Mod saves this reverted flight, thereby summing up crashes and killed Kerbals. It would be realy nice to have your mod "forget" reverted flights without manual file editing after each of those flights.

Hmm. What is your screen resolution and what resolution are you playing at? A higher resolution would fix this.

Hehe, I like it.

Sadly I can't play at a higher resolution to play with the mods that want to play with. Is there any other way to fix this?

how does resolution affect mods?

At a high resolution the game lags or doesn't load. If you lower the resolution you can play with more mods. Sacrificing graphics quality of game play. I only lower by one just so I can enjoy the game looking good while being able to play with a moderate amount of mods. I've seen people lower the texture resolution and rendering down to a point where it looks like a Commodore 64. But you can get more bang for your buck mod wise of you lower the resolution and texture settings.

A really nice mod and i would love to play with it but there is one major problem for me.

I am playing with kerbal construction time and whenever i simulate a flight and a kerbal dies within this simulation the public opinion goes down.

Because of this it is unplayable for me at the moment, but i would like to.

Would be nice if you could make it compatible.

But anyway well done so far!

Help all of them are just empty :confused: Edit: So now everytime I start my save it ask me to choose which funding program:huh:

http://i.imgur.com/l8HnmL8.png

Is anything showing up in the debug console? (ALT+F2).

Did you upgrade from 0.1.0 to >= 0.2.0 without deleting the state funding save first?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so now I have removed AntennaRange entirely, satellites are still not showing up.

In addition, I had a Mun Base (mostly UKS parts) which was not showing up either, but I also had a space station which was registered. Then I added a mining rig to my Mun Base and suddenly all the information was gone from StateFunding again (incl. descriptions, same issue as before).

I tried to reinstall the mod, no effect. Any ideas, where I could start troubleshooting? I also looked into that vesselhelper thingy, but coudln't really figure out how that could help (or what it actually does, come to that). I really want to try this mod, so any help is highly appreciated.

Bases should be labeled as bases. It also needs to have some electric charge and be able to generate electricity. Finally it needs communication mods. Are you using an "alternate" energy resource (that's not electrical charge). After that you need one "Energy" module and one "Communication" module.

Item
{
name = Communication
Modules
{
Item
{
name = ModuleDataTransmitter
}
Item
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
}
}
}
Item
{
name = Energy
Modules
{
Item
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
}
}
}

- - - Updated - - -

A really nice mod and i would love to play with it but there is one major problem for me.

I am playing with kerbal construction time and whenever i simulate a flight and a kerbal dies within this simulation the public opinion goes down.

Because of this it is unplayable for me at the moment, but i would like to.

Would be nice if you could make it compatible.

But anyway well done so far!

I really would like to fix this but I don't know how.

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE SUBMIT PULL REQUESTS FOR YOUR MODULES (or for anything else really)https://github.com/iamchairs/StateFunding/blob/master/data/modulealiases.settings

PLEASE SUBMIT PULL REQUESTS FOR YOUR MODULES (or for anything else really)https://github.com/iamchairs/StateFunding/blob/master/data/modulealiases.settings

Having something to help with probes needing RTGs in the outer regions of the Solar System would be nice. That's the first I thought of; I'll post more if I think of any.

The module should be:

ModuleGenerator

Another cool addition would be adding Station Science support. I'd have to look more into the modules though as I've never worked with them before.

Edited by FiiZzioN

I added the mentioned modules to the modulealiases and released a new version. Also for the fellow with the low resolution I made the width of the state funding hub a fix 800px.

Thank you!!!

So in the alt +F2 menu thingy it first says warning File 'saves/Kerbal Space Agency(Mods)/statefunding.conf' does not exist and then when I select one of the programs it says [Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

So in the alt +F2 menu thingy it first says warning File 'saves/Kerbal Space Agency(Mods)/statefunding.conf' does not exist and then when I select one of the programs it says [Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hmm. Interesting. Did you add/modify the governments in `data/governments.settings` ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice update, thanks!Something to note, there is at least one spelling error that I've found. Very small thing, really, it can be fixed in another update.

Thanks. I'll update this.

Have not touched that

it were working before but after a few times I time warped for a year and I got reviews back and I got negative money so I lost my funds and then I got one time 40k and then after that it just stopped working showing up all empty so I removed the mod then downloaded a new copy 3.0 and installed that but it didnt help and now it just asks me to choose government every time I start the save

Is anything showing up in the debug console? (ALT+F2).

Bases should be labeled as bases. It also needs to have some electric charge and be able to generate electricity. Finally it needs communication mods. Are you using an "alternate" energy resource (that's not electrical charge). After that you need one "Energy" module and one "Communication" module.

Item
{
name = Communication
Modules
{
Item
{
name = ModuleDataTransmitter
}
Item
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
}
}
}
Item
{
name = Energy
Modules
{
Item
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
}
}
}

Thanks for your response.

Check on all 3. It is labeled as a base, hast the medium stock antennae and stock solar panels (XL).

The debug menu shows the NullReference Exception error as for ghost22 when updating bases.:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I really like this idea for a mod, I really wish it was working for my career save. However, I am having serious problems with it. If I have a ship on a long mission (Kerbin to Jool and back) and warp forward a few years, weird things start to happen. More than once, I have returned to the space center and all of the sudden there are no flights at all. I go into the tracking station and all my satellites, bases, everything, is gone.

I'm trying to use this with Interstellar Extended. I also have the same glitch someone was showing before where nothing shows up in the State Funding window that somebody showed before.

This is a great mod idea, I really like it and want to use it, hope the development continues because I'm really excited to use this once it is more stable!

I really like this idea for a mod, I really wish it was working for my career save. However, I am having serious problems with it. If I have a ship on a long mission (Kerbin to Jool and back) and warp forward a few years, weird things start to happen. More than once, I have returned to the space center and all of the sudden there are no flights at all. I go into the tracking station and all my satellites, bases, everything, is gone.

I'm trying to use this with Interstellar Extended. I also have the same glitch someone was showing before where nothing shows up in the State Funding window that somebody showed before.

This is a great mod idea, I really like it and want to use it, hope the development continues because I'm really excited to use this once it is more stable!

Nothing in the code removes vessels. Everything is read only- no write.

Are you sure you haven't just set everything to stop displaying from the menu at the top of the tracking-station/flight?

Nothing in the code removes vessels. Everything is read only- no write.

Are you sure you haven't just set everything to stop displaying from the menu at the top of the tracking-station/flight?

it's the code-kraken! :P

I'm also having this problem. First 6 quarters went fine, got reports regularly, and then one day I clicked on the tab and all the info was blank. I could look at past reports, but every other tab was empty. ALT+F2 showed the same NullReferenceException, which in KSP.log looks like this:

[EXC 17:03:23.153] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

StateFunding.Review.UpdateBases ()

StateFunding.Review.touch ()

StateFunding.StateFundingHubLabView.draw (StateFunding.View Vw, StateFunding.ViewWindow Window)

StateFunding.StateFundingHubView.LoadScienceStations ()

StateFunding.ViewButton.paint ()

StateFunding.View.paint ()

StateFunding.ViewManager.OnGUI ()

I restarted the program and also tried fast forwarding a couple quarters to get it to generate new reports, but it failed to do so at high and low warps; I know it can generate reports during warp as it has done so at the highest setting before.

P.S. I really enjoy this mod and the way it shapes career mode. I also play with RemoteTech and thought it was actually kinda funny that the public couldn't tell the difference between Kerbals dying in simulations and real launches. I guess if all your simulations show that your program will kill Kerbals, that would generate bad publicity, eh?