[1.0.5] StateFunding 0.3.4

iamchairs

On 3/6/2016 at 7:14 PM, etmoonshade said:

@iamchairs: Help! I don't have anywhere to download this new version because Kerbalstuff went down. D:

(also, looking forward to playing with this again ^_^)

Why not get it from the github link on the OP?

nevermind, just found out it isn't compiled on that link :(

Edited by JeffreyCor

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:12 PM, JeffreyCor said:

Why not get it from the github link on the OP?

nevermind, just found out it isn't compiled on that link :(

Yup, I checked that, and was sad to note that it was the source instead of a compiled version. D:

4 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

I have the compiled version but I can't find the license. If it allows I will post it here. 

I actually just had this conversation with @iamchairs on Friday. I'm in a similar situation as you: I have a copy I got from the KerbalStuff torrent and I was going to off to throw up a dropbox link in the mean time, but couldn't find find his liscense (which is MIT by the way). I PM'd him, and he responded within 24 hours (actually within 6 minutes). I thought he would take the logical next step and you know, post his license, or reupload his mod, but he hasn't and I'm worried this thread will get locked (hence why I handled it via PM). Since you've let the cat out of the bag, I guess you could try PMing him like I did. I don't want to nag him, and he hasn't been gone that long, and he has an active repo, eh...but still.

His Response hopefully he won't mind me sharing his response (if so, sorry!):

On 3/10/2016 at 2:29 PM, iamchairs said:

Whoops. Yah it should be MIT. I'm not trying to monetize it so feel free to modify/share. If you do feel like modifying it, please make a pull-request back to the repo so everyone can get it :)

https://github.com/iamchairs/StateFunding

Not that I think it'll matter much if he doesn't update the OP with it.:(

In the mean time if you're looking through the KerbalStuff Torrent, v0.3.4 of State Funding can be found at: /iamchairs_13651/State_Funding

Edited by Deimos Rast
don't know how to quote

Guys why would you want this mod? It breaks as soon as you set your first craft to "base" and there is no way around that. Seems that the creator isn't interested or he would have responded to this issue.

3 hours ago, gietek said:

Guys why would you want this mod? It breaks as soon as you set your first craft to "base" and there is no way around that. Seems that the creator isn't interested or he would have responded to this issue.

We want this mod when thing like this fixed.  

And I dunno if goes explosive and revert counts as kerbal accident  is intentional.

9 hours ago, gietek said:

Could you be more specific about how it "breaks"? I'll admit, I'm not far in my game with this mod yet (and it works fine), but is there a particular reason you need to set your craft to "base"? Also, @iamchairs has posted in this thread on Feb 10th, a little over a month ago. That's not quite gone. Not quite as active as I'd like, but still. Most mod authors are waiting for 1.1, which is coming Soon. It could be that, or he could be he's just a busy guy. I don't know, never met him, or said more than a handful of words to him.

4 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Well since the license allows I will post this here. 

State Funding 0.3.4

Shared under the original MIT license. 

You've done a service to the Kommunity.

Cheers.

12 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Well since the license allows I will post this here. 

State Funding 0.3.4

Shared under the original MIT license. 

Not sure if I'm totally missing something, but I don't see the compiled plug in here. there is a project file and source files, but not a complied version of the mod to use. Wrong zip uploaded maybe?  Thank you for your efforts in any case :)

2 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

Not sure if I'm totally missing something, but I don't see the compiled plug in here. there is a project file and source files, but not a complied version of the mod to use. Wrong zip uploaded maybe?  Thank you for your efforts in any case :)

Oops yeah I linked the wrong one will fix in a few minutes

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

• 3 weeks later...

@iamchairs if/when you decide to take a peak at this for 1.1, any chance you look at making it compatible with Kerbal Construction Time (and soon to be KRASH)? Specifically, I am referring to the "accidents" and their simulations. It would seem (or else I'm even worse at this game than I thought) accidents in the simulation are still counted toward opinion modifiers. It should be as simple (I would think) as looking at when events get reverted (timestamps?). You could ask @magico13, who heads KCT, but simulations will be eventually getting outsourced to the KRASH mod.

I think the temporary workaround might be to just change public opinion modifiers in the government config, but then you kind of get a one dimensional government:(. Looks like I'm playing as USSK for a while...

• 2 weeks later...

Since I also like this mod a lot, and intend to use it for a new career save, I have taken the liberty of updating this for KSP 1.1 (latest preview version).

Unofficial 0.4.0-KSP1.1-Preview release here:

https://github.com/TheDogKSP/StateFunding/releases/tag/0.4.0-KSP1.1-PREVIEW

Since I was at it, I also performed a couple of changes to this version:

1) Saving no longer uses a separately maintained file in your save directory. Instead it uses the standard KSP way of saving into the persistence file (via ScenarioModule).
     Positive aspects:
     - reverting flights no longer messes with the state (no 'false' counts of destroyed vessels and dead kerbals)
     - loading a save sets the state to the correct one for that point in time
     - @Deimos Rast: I havent used KCT/KRASH myself, but I imagine their "simulation" of flights is also implemented via KSP's standard persistence. This version here might already solve your request for integration - maybe have a try and let me know...

Negative aspects:
     - The previous .conf save-file is no longer read from and written to! Your old data in an existing save will no automatically migrate to the new persistence!
        One way to manually migrate the data might be:
        1. let it create the default (empty) scenario module in your persistence file.
        2. Then manually copy the data from the old conf save file into the scenario in the persistence file. The data itself should be fully compatible. Backup both files before attempting something like this...

2) some performance improvements (no more 'oneveryscene' addon)

3) added KSP-AVC version file, and a license file

Known problems:

- after saving/loading, past reviews cannot be shown. The data is actually all there in the persistence, but something is wrong with reading/presenting it. Might have been already broken before my changes, but I definitely introduced some problem here. I'll need a few hours debugging to see what is going on there...

And finally:

@iamchairs : of course I'll happily toss you a pull request on github if you want to use this version for your further development!

• 2 weeks later...

TheDog, if you are taking over you should maybe talk with magico over at KCT and maybe merging this fine mod with BROKE (which deals with internal funding of the agency).  They could compliment each other well (there is a bit of overlap and BROKE is being worked on by someone else I believe).  

With all these mods you would have an actual Space Agency sim on top of KSP.  (BROKE, KCT, StateFunding, and maybe the new Strategia).

(I believe BROKE is being made in a modular fashion and this could be turned into an entire module)

Edited by autumnalequinox

I hope there is no need to take over, as iamchais has already merged my changes into his repository...

I am currently travelling, no access to ksp, should my preview above not work with current 1.1.1 patch, I'll be able to make a new one in about 1.5weeks...