[1.0.5] StateFunding 0.3.4

iamchairs

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

Can anyone confirm that this works for 1.1.3?

https://github.com/TheDogKSP/StateFunding/releases/tag/0.4.2-KSP1.1.3

He did a 1.1.3 version just a day ago actually. Haven't tested it myself yet, but I will shortly.

Edit:

Well I loaded it up and got the "Choose a Gov't Screen" and the Reviews and Overview screen. So far the 1.1.3 version linked above seems to be working.

@TheDog You still undecided about becoming maintainer?

Edited by Deimos Rast

Yes, sorry, I did the upgrade mainly for myself, forgot to mention it here....

Yes, everything should be working under 1.1.3.

For being an official maintainer I seriously lack the time & dedication, I am sorry. Still hoping @iamchairs will continue the development... But dont worry: since I use it myself, I have an interest in keeping this working :)

• 2 months later...

Anyone desperately looking for this to be updated to 1.2?

I have decided I will no longer use it in my save, as there are better alternatives (contracts, funding mods) out there.

However, if someone desperately depends on this I'd give it a shot to compile it for 1.2.

Edited by TheDog
Spelling

On 13/10/2016 at 0:09 PM, TheDog said:

Anyone desperately looking for this to be updated to 1.2?

I have decided I will no longer use it in my save, as there are better alternatives (contracts, funding mods) out there.

However, if someone desperately depends on this I'd give it a shot to compile it for 1.2.

If it's a quick compile for 1.2 I'd love to continue using your mod, but if it's difficult to update don't worry about it - I'll give the alternatives a look.

4 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

If it's a quick compile for 1.2 I'd love to continue using your mod, but if it's difficult to update don't worry about it - I'll give the alternatives a look.

Alright, here you go:

https://github.com/TheDogKSP/StateFunding/releases/tag/0.5.0

It was a bit more than a recompile, since the load order of addons and scenariomodules changed, which screwed up some internal logic. I *hope* it works reliably without nullref exceptions...

1 hour ago, TheDog said:

Alright, here you go:

https://github.com/TheDogKSP/StateFunding/releases/tag/0.5.0

It was a bit more than a recompile, since the load order of addons and scenariomodules changed, which screwed up some internal logic. I *hope* it works reliably without nullref exceptions...

Really appreciate it - thanks a million.

• 4 months later...
On 2/22/2017 at 5:52 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@TheDog Are you still looking for someone to take over this mod?   

Hi Linuxguru,

Sure, if you'd like to take over  wouldn't mind, indeed I'd be happy about it!

Use my repo as base.

Are you planning to make this a part of the Krash mod?

2 hours ago, TheDog said:

Hi Linuxguru,

Sure, if you'd like to take over  wouldn't mind, indeed I'd be happy about it!

Use my repo as base.

Are you planning to make this a part of the Krash mod?

It doesn't belong with KRASH.

A long time ago, I made a post looking for a Govfunding mod, was (at the time) pointed to the CIT - govfund mod.  That one is long gone, and this looks better.  So I'll fork your repo, recompile, make my normal changes to any mod I adopt (logging, putting version info into dll, etc) and release it in a day or so in an official version.

In the repo, I see you have quite a number of branches.  I assume the master branch is current?  Is there anything in those other branches that may be something under development?

thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

It doesn't belong with KRASH.

A long time ago, I made a post looking for a Govfunding mod, was (at the time) pointed to the CIT - govfund mod.  That one is long gone, and this looks better.  So I'll fork your repo, recompile, make my normal changes to any mod I adopt (logging, putting version info into dll, etc) and release it in a day or so in an official version.

In the repo, I see you have quite a number of branches.  I assume the master branch is current?  Is there anything in those other branches that may be something under development?

thanks

Master is current, the rest is old stuff (99% from IAMCHAIRS), nothing in there that you'd need to consider.

But before you pour too much work into this, have a look at this up-to-date and maintained mod:

I feel it somewhat extends on the scope of StateFunding, and maybe even does things better (though StateFunding is the simpler solution overall)...

1 minute ago, TheDog said:

Master is current, the rest is old stuff (99% from IAMCHAIRS), nothing in there that you'd need to consider.

But before you pour too much work into this, have a look at this up-to-date and maintained mod:

I feel it somewhat extends on the scope of StateFunding, and maybe even does things better (though StateFunding is the simpler solution overall)...

Interesting, I'll have to look at it.

I play with monthly budgets and it seems like state funding has a pretty different model to me. Where as monthly budgets pays you for reputation, but subtracts costs for active missions and kerbals (both assigned and at the complex), state funding seems to actually pay you for how many missions you have active, which is quite a bit different. If this comes back online, I'll be torn about which one to use for that reason. I do think they're complementary and don't overlap in their funding model. Although I haven't played with state funding in a long time...

New release after adoption here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/156984-12-state-funding-continued/

Please move all conversations over there.

Thanks

On 2/24/2017 at 0:30 PM, drhay53 said:

I play with monthly budgets and it seems like state funding has a pretty different model to me. Where as monthly budgets pays you for reputation, but subtracts costs for active missions and kerbals (both assigned and at the complex), state funding seems to actually pay you for how many missions you have active, which is quite a bit different. If this comes back online, I'll be torn about which one to use for that reason. I do think they're complementary and don't overlap in their funding model. Although I haven't played with state funding in a long time...

I wonder if both can work together, maybe with some tweaking?