Crashing !

Scarredclown

Well that's why the reverting feature is there!

Some people play "hard mode" where they don't revert, but if you're just casually playing, who cares!

I revert all the time, sometimes even from orbit if I mess up a maneuver or don't have enough fuel or the staging goes horribly wrong (especially while trying to design an SSTO like yesterday)

There actually is one.

Reverting the the VAB, relaunching, and reverting again over and over causes a memory leak last I heard. It's mild and doesn't really cause any issues for a while, but if you keep doing this a bunch of times it can start to eat away at your framerate, which can generally only be resolved by closing and reopening the whole game.

So just try and not "waste" test runs, or plan to restart the game before you do anything complicated.

There can be circumstances where you might choose not to revert. Maybe you transmitted a bunch of science before the crash, and the amount you go outweighed the loss? Cold-hearted, but something that might enter consideration. Maybe you completed a contract, but had a soft-crash afterward? You might choose to recover what you can and cut your losses rather than go back and try the whole thing again, particularly if it was long and complicated and you did not relish the thought of doing the entire thing over.

Very rarely do I revert. Instead, what I do, is when I build a rocket intended for a manned mission, I'll slap a probe core on it first. If I can successfully launch and attain orbit, the next launch is without the probe core and with crew instead. :)

i do a test flight first to see how much fuel i got left after reaching orbit and if the staging checks out or needs balancing, then revert to assembly for adjustments.. also tons of reverts when testing new planes otherwise my kerbals would go extinct. i don't really see a problem with it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.