Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

that crawler mod is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61cjj8maqn...ermod.zip?dl=0

still wip obviously.

the node floating on the Launchpad between the 2 launchclamps attaches to the spare node on the shuttle between the engines.

please remember that.

don't forget to stage it right

also the wheels are not finished yet but will move you around slowly anyway. oh and the 'break' maybe because its hundreds of tons lol

don't complain that this killed your kerbal or blew up your ksp head office or something

that crawler mod is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61cjj8maqn...ermod.zip?dl=0

still wip obviously.

the node floating on the Launchpad between the 2 launchclamps attaches to the spare node on the shuttle between the engines.

please remember that.

don't forget to stage it right

also the wheels are not finished yet but will move you around slowly anyway. oh and the 'break' maybe because its hundreds of tons lol

don't complain that this killed your kerbal or blew up your ksp head office or something

Cool!!

Btw if you have the gantry of mine installed already and you install my new one you wont need to do anything ingame. It will just update the 3d model basically

- - - Updated - - -

Nooo no clamps!

Use the floating node to attach the shuttle to the spare node on the shuttle between main engines.

Just apply handbrake when you leave the VAB.

You can stack all sorts of extra decouplers and ships to the crawler if you want but dont put clamps on the ships. This will cause colliders to go through colliders

- - - Updated - - -

Mike-NZ, at the risk of my gf yelling at me...can i hug you...because that looks awesome! :P

All good my man. Enjoy the mod and I will continue to improve it

Since you guys seem to be halfway there already, with a drive-able crawler and all, figured I'd share an idea I've had for a few months. How about re-modeling the LC39 VAB with an interior, and instead of (or in addition to) having a spawn point at the launch site, put the spawn point inside the VAB. Then have your crawler part that can attach to and drive the mobile launch pads around, and have various adapter parts for different configurations to attach to it. (Saturn V w/ Tower, Saturn 1B w/ Tower and Milkstool, Shuttle Clamps, SLS clamps with SLS Tower)

Edited by Chris P. Bacon

Since you guys seem to already be halfway there already, with a drive-able crawler and all, figured I'd share an idea I've had for a few months. How about re-modeling the LC39 VAB with an interior, and instead of (or in addition to) having a spawn point at the launch site, put the spawn point inside the VAB. Then have your crawler part that can attach to and drive the mobile launch pads around, and have various adapter parts for the MLP for different configurations to attach to it. (Saturn V w/ Tower, Saturn 1B w/ Tower and Milkstool, Shuttle Clamps, SLS clamps with SLS Tower)
That would be good..

I will happily model in anythig if you can give me references

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I dont It's super basic. Whats the issue?

I get the Kraken as soon as physics loads, all I can see is the skybox and my altimeter is glitched. Edited by _Augustus_

On a side note there is a plugin for tank tracks, so I can get the crawler tracks working properly...

- - - Updated - - -

I get the Kraken as soon as physics loads, all I can see is the skybox and my altimeter is glitched.

Something on your end? Try build it as basic as possible

On a side note there is a plugin for tank tracks, so I can get the crawler tracks working properly...

- - - Updated - - -

Something on your end? Try build it as basic as possible

I just remove the launch clamps on my Saturn V and attach the crawler to one of the F-1 engines.

Oh I think I know what it is. I think I put the shuttle cockpit in it during tests, and if you dont have the shuttle interior it will skybok on you. I forgot to remove it.

Can you comment out or delete the 'intetnal' section in the cfg

- - - Updated - - -

Was going to make interior for it for a kerbal to drive. But will fix tonight

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.