[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

On 7/8/2016 at 3:55 PM, Tristonwilson12 said:

Got a fix that worked for me ... i made a new install to see if I could get the errors you guys get, and here's what I did to fix it.... delete all he mods you have installed except for KK, start your game And make  new save, quit the game and delete the statics folder in the KK directory, install all the mods you want includingRO/RSS, start the game and you have to use the save that you made on the beginning of this tutorial... that's what fixed it for me

Is this workaround working for anyone? I am wondering if I am not doing something correct?

I removed all mods except KerbalKonstructs and of course Squad, and started KSP.  I loaded my existing career then saved that to a new save called KK.  Next I quit KSP and deleted the KerbalKonstructs/statics folder.  Lastly I copied back all my mods, loaded KSP, loaded my career and loaded the KK save I had made.  But after doing all this, in the VAB the KK button does nothing, and if I go to the launchpad it is unchanged.

6 hours ago, Agathorn said:

Is this workaround working for anyone? I am wondering if I am not doing something correct?

I removed all mods except KerbalKonstructs and of course Squad, and started KSP.  I loaded my existing career then saved that to a new save called KK.  Next I quit KSP and deleted the KerbalKonstructs/statics folder.  Lastly I copied back all my mods, loaded KSP, loaded my career and loaded the KK save I had made.  But after doing all this, in the VAB the KK button does nothing, and if I go to the launchpad it is unchanged.

I don't think you're doing it correctly. You loaded your existing career and copied it over as a new save, the workaround only works if you create a new save from scratch. Then you can copy that new save and modify its parameters and duplicate it and it works (for me at least).

4 hours ago, Bev7787 said:

I don't think you're doing it correctly. You loaded your existing career and copied it over as a new save, the workaround only works if you create a new save from scratch. Then you can copy that new save and modify its parameters and duplicate it and it works (for me at least).

I didn't copy it over.  From the main menu I went to Start Game, then Load Game and selected my career.  The once in game I hit Esc and went to Save and saved it as KK.  Then when I restarted I loaded that.

Are you saying I need to start a brand new career playthrough? Also what do you mean by "modify its parameters".  I saw nothing about that step?

After having worked there for 16 of my 21 years at NASA, you need to put alligators in all the lakes, including one that wanders in and out of the VAB/SPF's, and a few that loiter on 33/15 along with wading birds galore lol.

Still remember a night landing, was listening to the 1 hour deorbit runway clearing and all you hear on an open mic was **bleep. bleep, bleepy bleepty** think we just hit a **bleepin* gator.

Edited by j-tk

20 minutes ago, j-tk said:

After having worked there for 16 of my 21 years at NASA, you need to put alligators in all the lakes, including one that wanders in and out of the VAB/SPF's, and a few that loiter on 33/15 along with wading birds galore lol.

Still remember a night landing, was listening to the 1 hour deorbit runway clearing and all you hear on an open mic was **bleep. bleep, bleepy bleepty** think we just hit a **bleepin* gator.

Yep! i live here in titusville, and we stay away from Swamp/lake we see.. xD... in honor of My fellow city/state... i will make an alligator static

Edited by Tristonwilson12

5 hours ago, Agathorn said:

I didn't copy it over.  From the main menu I went to Start Game, then Load Game and selected my career.  The once in game I hit Esc and went to Save and saved it as KK.  Then when I restarted I loaded that.

Are you saying I need to start a brand new career playthrough? Also what do you mean by "modify its parameters".  I saw nothing about that step?

You have to start a fresh new game to work

5 hours ago, Bev7787 said:

You have to start a fresh new game to work

Thanks I got it working!

@Tristonwilson12

Any chance you could add spotlights to these? They are very cool but at night very dark :)  There is another KK setup called KSPFloodlights that does this very well but of course i'd rather use yours :)

43 minutes ago, Agathorn said:

Thanks I got it working!

@Tristonwilson12

Any chance you could add spotlights to these? They are very cool but at night very dark :)  There is another KK setup called KSPFloodlights that does this very well but of course i'd rather use yours :)

Yes we are Working on sets of Placable Spotlights :)

Just spent 1/2 hour trying to animate the LC5 MSS but I messed it up. I exported the Empty GameObject but not my animated MSS. New Lesson For Everybody: don't let AlmostNASA animate anything! 

Dammit Imgur what

Lets Try this again 

Edited by AlmostNASA

11 hours ago, AlmostNASA said:

Just spent 1/2 hour trying to animate the LC5 MSS but I messed it up. I exported the Empty GameObject but not my animated MSS. New Lesson For Everybody: don't let AlmostNASA animate anything! 

Dammit Imgur what

Lets Try this again 

got it.

Hey guys: don't let this guy animate things ok?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.