[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

44 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

Did you ever get around to adding SLC 17, SLC 4E, SLC 40 and what not? I can't be bothered making them myself, and I saw you posted some images a while back.

Yes I did, I still need to finish the textures but they are basically done

Edited by Tristonwilson12

36 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

Yes I did, I still need to finish the textures but they are basically done

Sweet. No need to go nuts with the textures. Just add a bunch of colors and bake an AO map and call it a day. You can go back a re-do the textures at a later point. It's not like anyone spends a lot of time looking at the textures before they launch, so they are not all that important.

4 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

Sweet. No need to go nuts with the textures. Just add a bunch of colors and bake an AO map and call it a day. You can go back a re-do the textures at a later point. It's not like anyone spends a lot of time looking at the textures before they launch, so they are not all that important.

exactly

1 minute ago, Cdw2468 said:

Is there any way to edit the default spawn positions for the models? I'm getting it to work in SSRSS, but their positions are for RSS scale so I end up having to move them every time I load the game

In the CFG file it should have the instances for the statics, in there you can edit the coordinates :)

2 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

In the CFG file it should have the instances for the statics, in there you can edit the coordinates :)

Ok, I'll try it. 

Edit: @Tristonwilson12It appears that the Landing strip and the actual Ksc mesh stay where they are after a reload, but the rest don't

Edited by Cdw2468

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2017 at 10:58 AM, marrioman13 said:

I feel a bit silly for asking this, but I've never really looked into these sorts of mods. Is there a tutorial for how this sort of thing works and how I set it up?

The instructions in the OP may be a bit outdated, there have been many improvements to Kerbal Konstructs lately. It should be easier than described on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

hi. I am using Real KSC with RO/RSS, and I love this mods to bits.

The launch-pads are working fine.

I do not however have the option to pick the Space Shuttle landing runway, or any other runway.

I got a little bit confused by the special RSS instructions (new savegame with only KK, etc.) - which I didn't do. Is that the reason why? 

Thanks for any help!

On 6/22/2017 at 8:52 PM, radio said:

I have the same problem in regards to missing runways. I did, however, followed the instructions in blue, but that didn't help this particular issue. Any solution to this problem?

By now I think we should probably check with the KerbalKonstructs folks, as this mod builds on it.

Am downloading the newest KK version now, will see and report back whether that changes anything.

so I described the issue in the Kerbal Konstructs-thread and asked for help. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/151818-12x-13-kerbal-konstructs-110-10062017/&page=21

the Space Shuttle runway's option 'make LaunchSite' is indeed grayed out, and I was told to come back here to ask for help.

I love your launch-pads, but my main reason to get the mod was to have a working, long runway that's not as bugged as the KSC runway.

@Tristonwilson12 can I ask you kindly for assistance? :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.4.2017 at 0:04 AM, Cdw2468 said:

Ok, I'll try it. 

Edit: @Tristonwilson12It appears that the Landing strip and the actual Ksc mesh stay where they are after a reload, but the rest don't

I have the same issue. The landing strip can be saved at a new location, the other launch sites not.

So, finally trying this out. However, it looks like the default KSC position is well clear of anything interesting and, worse yet, for me it looks like the main heightmap is interfering with the RealKSC terrain.

Has anyone tried replacing the heightmap that the MapDecal uses with a real Canaveral heightmap?

On 7/24/2017 at 2:46 AM, NathanKell said:

So, finally trying this out. However, it looks like the default KSC position is well clear of anything interesting and, worse yet, for me it looks like the main heightmap is interfering with the RealKSC terrain.

Has anyone tried replacing the heightmap that the MapDecal uses with a real Canaveral heightmap?

No, sounds interesting, ill work on a bunch of the issues that are currently present this weekend, and ill work on that too

On 6/30/2017 at 3:28 AM, JakGamingKSP said:

whens SLC-40

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 7/18/2017 at 8:34 PM, Plecy75 said:

would it be possible to copy the textures and models for LC39A to use for SLC-40 for SpaceX launches?

I have SLC-40 complete, its just not in the game.

@Tristonwilson12 do I understand correctly that right now RealKSC uses a mesh terrain item? Or do you have a mapdecal? If your terrain is from a mesh, I highly recommend replacing the mapdecal's blank heightmap with an actual Canaveral heightmap to let PQS handle all the terrain natively. MapDecal is notionally for having local heightmaps that override the global heightmap, but all it's used for on Earth right now (and Kerbin one presumes) is to flatten things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.