Modern or Historical pads?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 1:49 AM, lextacy said:

Its been a long ass while , but I have started playing Kerbal again as its winter now. I noticed that this mod has not been updated for a while so it is still locked at KSP 1.2.2. Im using 1.2.2 as its the only working RO/RSS solution we can have. I have taken the liberty to fix your Statics as most of them have serious errors. 

Problem : When saving new assets , upon game reload the KSC Terrain mesh takes place for what you originally saved. So if I make a launch complex LC5 and save the Static.....reload the game....the Complex will turn into the huge Terrain filler. 

Investigation : The reason for this is that most your static files have "name = Spawnmarker" .  When this happens the game will find the earliest instance of name = Spawnmarker and find what mesh was used in A-Z order. The KCS Terrian Filler is the first on the list to make the parse pass. Thus the game loads that mesh instead of the LC5 mesh.

Solution :  I went and fixed all the name = errors and the game saves assets like a champ! Is there a way to post this fix to you in a fast efficient way? 

So to make a short story short your Statics all share a common name, but should have had a unique name. LoL might have been a case of the Find and Replace Mondays :P

Anyway you can drop that config on dropbox? I have no idea what to change but I have seen the "spawnmarker" names in most of the .cfg files but only a handful of use-able launchpads (haven't gone in and ticked the missile rows, etc. as possible launchpads) and everything is incredibly spread out for me (using RSS so at least most things are level with the terrain, aside from the actual KSC terrain mesh lol)

On 5/15/2018 at 5:49 AM, Tristonwilson12 said:

LC39A.png

I love it! Will it be controllable?

My dream is this: Rocket is spawned on the crawlerway in front of the HIF, attached to its transporter/erector. Crawls to the launchpad, is erected there. Tilts back before/during launch like in real life. And I want water spilling over the launchpad :D

I'm not sure I want to install this whole mod, since I don't want RO/RSS at the moment. If it's going to be controllable, I think this needs to be a separate mod, with a combination of parts (strongback) and KK structures (maybe new crawlerway etc.).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good day people.

I am using 1.2.2 with RO/RSS and mods.

Tried doing the KK (with no mods) start the first post says but cant seem to get this working.

Anyone have some clearer install instructions you can point me too?

Would love to have a more realistic Cape KSC

Edited by MR_STYLZ

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could you please change launchpad 39a to Saturn 5 and 39b to shuttle? The reason why I asked is because the majority of Saturn 5 launches occurred from launchpad 39a and I think it makes more sense to have make it that. But then again, this is just a request. Could you also allow launches at the Atlas pads as well in the next update?

Edited by Spaceman20290

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, Spaceman20290 said:

Could you please change launchpad 39a to Saturn 5 and 39b to shuttle? The reason why I asked is because the majority of Saturn 5 launches occurred from launchpad 39a and I think it makes more sense to have make it that. But then again, this is just a request. Could you also allow launches at the Atlas pads as well in the next update?

you could just switch the launch towers or just use tundras launch pads with alpha's modular launch pads, but hey. you do you.

4 hours ago, winged said:

hey what happened with real KSC VAB which was a part of this mod 3 years ago? would it be possible to add it again?

if you scroll back far enough you'll find a google drive download link for the vab, if you want. I do have it but im currently on vacation so I won't be able to give it to you till then.

as for adding the vab back in to the mod, he could just take the model from there and add it in and make changes to it later. but i mean it seems that triston is gone for a while so they might not have time to work on the mod. perhaps he wants to finish the pads before adding other stuff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.