[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

So whats the difference between your setup and mine. I dont get dissapearing things. We both run KK....

On a side note. ..

I think this is my biggest issue releasing things, it could work for me but not others and you struggle to find causes.

No, it's not invisible. It just doesn't work as a launch site after restarting.

I have the same problem with Chris' stuff. So do Chris himself and Kartoffelkuchen.

Well I had a few minutes to sit down and troubleshoot this morning for you guys. Following the excellent KK tutorials it only took a few minutes to find out what was wrong. First of all my (and I suspect the other) cfg's were written for KerbTown, and while they will work for statics that are not spawnpoints, they need to be purged and re-written following AlphaAsh's new format. In the past, a spawnpoint transform was not needed to mark a launchsite, and ships would (and still do to some extent) spawn in on the 0,0,0 coordinates of the model. A spawnpoint transform is now required, and explicitly called for in the cfg, and needs to be added to the old objects which you wish to spawn at. I took the liberty of fixing the missile row pad, and you can grab the hastily thrown together .mu and .cfg here if you do not wish to fix it yourself. I suspect this is the problem with your other launch sites as well.

TL;DR - RTFM :wink:

Well I had a few minutes to sit down and troubleshoot this morning for you guys. Following the excellent KK tutorials it only took a few minutes to find out what was wrong. First of all my (and I suspect the other) cfg's were written for KerbTown, and while they will work for statics that are not spawnpoints, they need to be purged and re-written following AlphaAsh's new format. In the past, a spawnpoint transform was not needed to mark a launchsite, and ships would (and still do to some extent) spawn in on the 0,0,0 coordinates of the model. A spawnpoint transform is now required, and explicitly called for in the cfg, and needs to be added to the old objects which you wish to spawn at. I took the liberty of fixing the missile row pad, and you can grab the hastily thrown together .mu and .cfg here if you do not wish to fix it yourself. I suspect this is the problem with your other launch sites as well.

TL;DR - RTFM :wink:

Thanks!

Also how's Edwards? Do you have plans to do Vandenburg?

Also how's Edwards? Do you have plans to do Vandenburg?

I had at one point, plans to do every launch site in the RSS launch site switcher as well as various international airports and major world landmarks and city skylines, starting with the American and Soviet launch site areas, but that's just a pipe dream. I've been working on Edwards and the KSC on and off since January, so at the current pace and time I have to spend on modeling, I wouldn't hold your breath for anything to be ready for release at this point :wink:

I had at one point, plans to do every launch site in the RSS launch site switcher as well as various international airports and major world landmarks and city skylines, starting with the American and Soviet launch site areas, but that's just a pipe dream. I've been working on Edwards and the KSC on and off since January, so at the current pace and time I have to spend on modeling, I wouldn't hold your breath for anything to be ready for release at this point :wink:
I liked your Baikonur, if you have the files for it.

I have yet to start on anything at Baikonur, so I think you have me confused for someone else. Unless you're referring to
which uses Lack's KSC++ objects placed around Baikonur.
I was in fact referring to that xD

Didn't know it was just Lack assets.

if I knew how to make videos ill post what it looks like.

just took another launch.

it is smooth, I have experienced lag with my old 100 piece designs.

can swing the view around with no freezing even on launch

take a look at the 2 pics and the colour of the time on top left of screen

yellow - some loading

green - good framerate

red - lots of loading

if flicks between green and yellow on the pad

then to green after launch

5xLZh5O.pngCtK2wPS.png

but my system is above minimum requirements

- - - Updated - - -

you can see why I need a launch site other than this lol

crawler on a crawler

yellow - some loading

green - good framerate

red - lots of loading

http://i.imgur.com/5xLZh5O.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/CtK2wPS.png

- - - Updated - - -

crawler on a crawler

Lol crawler on crawler makes sense

yellow - some loading

green - good framerate

red - lots of loading

http://i.imgur.com/5xLZh5O.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/CtK2wPS.png

- - - Updated - - -

crawler on a crawler

You should place it off to the side a little bit and rotate the launchpad/crawler so that when launching, all you need to do is press "d" to go right to end up in an 51.6 degree-ish inclination (like the ISS).

I envisioned the launchpads being placed in specific areas around the KSC for specific uses. Lets say we were to place the Delta pads off to the left of the stock launchpad, that would be a good place to launch from if you wanted to get into a polar orbit (like launching from Vandenburg AFB). There is really no point of having a bunch of different launchpads if they all do the same thing. I was thinking one pad excusively for the shuttle, one for Delta, one for Atlas and so on.

you can remove parts and keep the base. like this:

(ignore the KK crawler under it)

gnNiYh5.pnglkSZjbS.png

- - - Updated - - -

You should place it off to the side a little bit and rotate the launchpad/crawler so that when launching, all you need to do is press "d" to go right to end up in an 51.6 degree-ish inclination (like the ISS).

I envisioned the launchpads being placed in specific areas around the KSC for specific uses. Lets say we were to place the Delta pads off to the left of the stock launchpad, that would be a good place to launch from if you wanted to get into a polar orbit (like launching from Vandenburg AFB). There is really no point of having a bunch of different launchpads if they all do the same thing. I was thinking one pad excusively for the shuttle, one for Delta, one for Atlas and so on.

with this, all you need is a spawn point.

the crawler is an actual vehicle, you drive it around, position how you want it in the VAB

drive it into the ocean and launch there if you want.

just need a KK launchsite to drive down and launch

So was I l..... But then we saw karts atlas pad which is 10100x better then mine so I had an idea.

Edited by Tristonwilson12

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.