[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

do have permission to take over and license it under my name?

Of course... treat them as your own... I'm not too good at the whole legal-deal myself so let's just say it's licensed as: http://www.wtfpl.net/

These are just some models I threw together trying to re-learn 3ds, during a live-stream, so they don't really have any value to me.

At one time I had meant to do up all of the real-world launch sites, as well as some international airports around the world in RSS, but it kinda stagnated at those few pads... If you are going to take over KSC/Canaveral, I may move onto Vandenburg, Edwards and various airports http://imgur.com/9NFsSjp :P

Edited by Chris P. Bacon

actually the only thing i want is that you don\t have to place all the launchpad, 1 after 1

Placing all the launchpads, or statics, is very easy with KK. Also, you won't have to be placing anything, me and Tristonwilson12 will be doing all that before the first version of this even gets released. Every static will be in its correct location when you download it :)

I will totally beta-test a stock version, or one for the 2x Kerbol system mod.

Priority numero uno is to have the stock kerbal space center look as similar to the real KSC as possible. When that is done, we move on to RSS (= There will be launchpads for everyone, regardsless of if you play in stock, 2x, 3.7x, 6.4x, 10x or full RSS.

I have a model of SLC-41 (that Atlas V launch pad), though it is far from finished:

FQDqKej.png

GqD41LN.png

(it would look 10x as good as now with proper textures). Much is missing, I've made that while working on the Atlas V models. Though, if there's interest, I can of course continue to work on it. Though Tristonwilson12 seems to do a good job working on that pad! :)

Awesome project guys, awesome!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Interesting. All the same...it would be easier to make a pre-shuttle era package and a shuttle era package for the sandbox users like myself.

To be honest, at the rate we are making models, and the amount of people wanting to donate their unused models, I think there will be plenty to choose from for anyone regardless of how they play the game.

Triston is busy making the modern day Atlas V family launchpads, he's already got the shuttle landing facility done, and I'm currently working on the Delta IV launch pads and the future SpaceX Dragon V2 landing pad. ChrisPBacon kindly donated his pre-shuttle era launch pads with the KSC and a few other statics and Mike has got the space shuttle pad and tower already in the game. So there will be plenty to chose from. We will probably end up releasing a few different versions, one pre shuttle, one post shuttle, all-in-one, Atlas V pads, Delta IV pads and so on.

I'm not sure if KK allows upgrading yet (it might, I know they were talking about it), but even if it doesn't, it would be very easy to include alternate cfg's which could be swapped out for various era's of development at the cape, specially if the pads were split up to have the towers as seperate models. (a single LC39 style pad, with multiple MLP setups, Saturn V, Saturn 1B with the "milkstool", Shuttle, and the new grey SLS tower) I think it would be cool to have a cfg for the proposed LC39 C/D pads too. :wink:

Edited by Chris P. Bacon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.