[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

3 hours ago, iplayksp said:

ok how do you get the launch site in stock real ksc i know how to put it down and im clicking make launch site make rcketpad but i try to launch from there and it wont show up on the kk menu any help

I used to be a beta tester for this and if it is an atlas pad, there is something that may look like a little 4 sided pyramid (I THINK) use that under your launch pad and that is where you launch

if it is other ones, do the same :)

39 minutes ago, AlmostNASA said:

I used to be a beta tester for this and if it is an atlas pad, there is something that may look like a little 4 sided pyramid (I THINK) use that under your launch pad and that is where you launch

if it is other ones, do the same :)

ok

• 3 weeks later...

is there any chance of an update? you included the VAB but it needs a location, and perhaps some more pads and or ICBM road to link them up and the Kennedy space center buildings, a causway from VAB to LC-39 A and B? just some thoughts, keep up the good work, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to finagle a couple of spawnpoints into the runway, by adding two instances to the Spawnmarker.cfg file (inside the main STATIC{...} block):

Instances
	{
		CelestialBody = Earth
		RadialPosition = 903881.563,3063169.75,-5512679
		Orientation = 0,1,0
		RadiusOffset = 43.8
		RotationAngle = 43
		RefLatitude = 28.737593766954909
		RefLongitude = -80.688407361338236
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = Ungrouped
		GroupCenter = false
		RefCenter = 908365.7,3064602,-5512527
		LaunchSiteName = KSC Shuttle Landing Facility 33
		LaunchPadTransform = Marker_spawn
		LaunchSiteDescription = A single-piece runway, with no gaps!  Faces north.
		LaunchSiteType = SPH
		Category = Runway
		LaunchSiteLength = 1
		LaunchSiteWidth = 1
		OpenCost = 0
		CloseValue = 0
		OpenCloseState = Open
		FacilityType = None
		CustomInstance = True
		LaunchRefund = 0
		RecoveryFactor = 50
		RecoveryRange = 100000
		LaunchSiteNation = 
	}
	Instances
	{
		CelestialBody = Earth
		RadialPosition = 901383,3065841.5,-5511603
		Orientation = 0,1,0
		RadiusOffset = 45.8
		RotationAngle = 223
		RefLatitude = 28.764998266320735
		RefLongitude = -80.711912085815783
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = Ungrouped
		GroupCenter = false
		RefCenter = 908365.7,3064602,-5512527
		LaunchSiteName = KSC Shuttle Landing Facility 15
		LaunchPadTransform = Marker_spawn
		LaunchSiteDescription = A single-piece runway, with no gaps!  Faces south.
		LaunchSiteType = SPH
		Category = Runway
		LaunchSiteLength = 1
		LaunchSiteWidth = 1
		OpenCost = 0
		CloseValue = 0
		OpenCloseState = Open
		FacilityType = None
		CustomInstance = True
		LaunchRefund = 0
		RecoveryFactor = 50
		RecoveryRange = 100000
		LaunchSiteNation = 
	}

Going forward, it would be ideal if a spawn transform or two could be added to the runway model itself, to turn it into a launchpad directly (because of the size of the Earth, and because the positions of statics are stored as single-precision floats, there's some "hairiness" in the actual location of the spawn point when it's a separate static like this).  From my testing, I've biased the spawn points to deploy a spacecraft slightly above the runway surface (as opposed to deploying slightly below the surface, which results in catapulting when physics initializes), but that still leads to a bit of a drop, and they're also not quite as well aligned with the runway's centerline or heading as I would like.

Ok, so I took out the folder from the folder that has stock in the name, When i boot up the fasa save, I see the atlas launch area at the end of the runway in the space center screen, but when I go into vab and select launch site only 1 L34 shows up. Is this intentional?

It crashes when I press launch

On 9/17/2017 at 5:07 PM, Jhorriga said:

Ok, so I took out the folder from the folder that has stock in the name, When i boot up the fasa save, I see the atlas launch area at the end of the runway in the space center screen, but when I go into vab and select launch site only 1 L34 shows up. Is this intentional?

It crashes when I press launch

do you have Kerbal Konstructs installed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 6:59 PM, Jhorriga said:

Alright. I did what was instructed in the first post,  But I only have mercury sites and no LC41 Or 39A. Help!

Does it not exist in the game?  Pad 39A is a Space Shuttle pad.

Also, just got this installed.  Don't see the Canaveral VAB, but maybe it's being retextured or something.  However, do want to show off this cool shot.

2BD7D3D67B2A82879497DD35C131B80DB5CBB5EF

37533A555252E8FC49696E15750DDB9CE58B02FC

Saturn VB at LC 39B.  Wish the access arm was moveable and I could get the FASA umbilicals to fit in the tower, but otherwise it's pretty cool to see a Saturn VB out on the pad like it would if this was a real life mission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Its been a long ass while , but I have started playing Kerbal again as its winter now. I noticed that this mod has not been updated for a while so it is still locked at KSP 1.2.2. Im using 1.2.2 as its the only working RO/RSS solution we can have. I have taken the liberty to fix your Statics as most of them have serious errors. 

Problem : When saving new assets , upon game reload the KSC Terrain mesh takes place for what you originally saved. So if I make a launch complex LC5 and save the Static.....reload the game....the Complex will turn into the huge Terrain filler. 

Investigation : The reason for this is that most your static files have "name = Spawnmarker" .  When this happens the game will find the earliest instance of name = Spawnmarker and find what mesh was used in A-Z order. The KCS Terrian Filler is the first on the list to make the parse pass. Thus the game loads that mesh instead of the LC5 mesh.

Solution :  I went and fixed all the name = errors and the game saves assets like a champ! Is there a way to post this fix to you in a fast efficient way? 

So to make a short story short your Statics all share a common name, but should have had a unique name. LoL might have been a case of the Find and Replace Mondays :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I think, that I'm doing something wrong. 
I did stuff, just like from a first post.

KK is working for me, but I'm getting only 5 start complexes and no Runway. 
Ok, and most of them are underground, which is not great, because this is causing RUD for my rockets XD

Could somebody help me please?

Edited by Sumimoto
Situation Update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a way to conveniently re-launch previously flown boosters without recovering them, and I think I'm going to extend my space center with some new KK launchpads and do the rest of the magic with infernal robotics. I'm seeing some interesting pics here but does this really have some animated launch towers ? I didn't even know that KK statics could have animations. That could prove very interesting

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.