[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

Kk can be a bit tricky to use sometimes. Just check all the popup windows etc...
I follow the instructions on the KK thread, and my stuff is invisible after launching a new craft.

The launch sites can still be used and everything can still be bumped into, but it's all invisible.

You'll eventually need to restart the game, maybe even twice, and check if it works then. It can be a bit tricky sometimes. Though, I would post on the KK thread if you still have this problem after restarting.

Also check the Log (Windows: ALT+F2) if you get any warnings or exceptions.

You'll eventually need to restart the game, maybe even twice, and check if it works then. It can be a bit tricky sometimes. Though, I would post on the KK thread if you still have this problem after restarting.

This. I'm currently working on bugfixing this problem to see if I can eliminate the need to restart KSP.

It's worth trying a revert to launch in the flight scene too, if the launchsite doesn't render.

One other thing to bare in mind as well is that the default launchpad transform isn't always being written correctly to an instance. This can result in you being launched from the origin of the model, not the actual _spawn transform and if they don't match... erm, yeah, kaboom.

I'm working on that bug as well. The work-around is after spawning a launchpad and configuring it through the editor, shut down KSP, open the cfg of your launchsite in a text editor and make sure the LaunchPadTransform setting of the instance matches the DefaultLaunchPadTransform setting of the model.

Edited by AlphaAsh

This. I'm currently working on bugfixing this problem to see if I can eliminate the need to restart KSP.

It's worth trying a revert to launch in the flight scene too, if the launchsite doesn't render.

One other thing to bare in mind as well is that the default launchpad transform isn't always being written correctly to an instance. This can result in you being launched from the origin of the model, not the actual _spawn transform and if they don't match... erm, yeah, kaboom.

I'm working on that bug as well. The work-around is after spawning a launchpad and configuring it through the editor, shut down KSP, open the cfg of your launchsite in a text editor and make sure the LaunchPadTransform setting of the instance matches the DefaultLaunchPadTransform setting of the model.

I was getting a ton of spam from KerbQuake, deleted that.

Gonna follow your instructions and restart the game. I'm working on stock configs for all early Cape Canaveral launch sites (Titan and Atlas, mainly.)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, after restarting the launch sites are no longer launch sites.

Can someone help me?

Edited by _Augustus_

I was getting a ton of spam from KerbQuake, deleted that.

Gonna follow your instructions and restart the game. I'm working on stock configs for all early Cape Canaveral launch sites (Titan and Atlas, mainly.)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, after restarting the launch sites are no longer launch sites.

Can someone help me?

ill try somestuff

I've noticed that too, after restarting they are no longer launch sites. I may have set the objects up wrong (I have no idea what I'm doing with unity). Are you starting over with fresh cfg's for everything? When I made these I was following a KerbTown tutorial, and KK may've changed some of the cfg format since.

There's a tutorial linked in the OP of the KK thread for both setting up a spawn point in Unity and writing a config for a static. If you're working with legacy statics by someone who has "no idea what they are doing in Unity" (hey Chris, no offence intended chap) then rather than sending vague panicked PMs for help to me, it might be worth checking against those and consulting other members of your team first.

@ _Augustus_

Edited by AlphaAsh
Clarity

There's a tutorial linked in the OP for both setting up a spawn point in Unity and writing a config for a static. If you're working with legacy statics by someone who has "no idea what they are doing in Unity" (hey Chris, no offence intended chap) then rather than sending vague panicked PMs for help to me, it might be worth checking against those and consulting other members of your team first.

@ _Augustus_

mines fine?

Triston, let me know,when the,first rendition of this is ready. And, if you could, could you do,something about the shuttle gantry? The crawler pad section is wonked relative to the gantry and needs to be rotated 90 degrees so the spots where the boosters sit is facing away from the vab. The gantry itself is correct but the crawler part is not.

Triston, let me know,when the,first rendition of this is ready. And, if you could, could you do,something about the shuttle gantry? The crawler pad section is wonked relative to the gantry and needs to be rotated 90 degrees so the spots where the boosters sit is facing away from the vab. The gantry itself is correct but the crawler part is not.

cool will do, and ill check that now

Do you want the blender save file for the gantry? May be easier to work from?

Also doea the gantry dissapear like the other stuff? Its runnung an older version cfg and may be more stable. Works flawless for me

It has the bug of not working as a launch site after restarting the game.

It has the bug of not working as a launch site after restarting the game.

So whats the difference between your setup and mine. I dont get dissapearing things. We both run KK....

On a side note. ..

I think this is my biggest issue releasing things, it could work for me but not others and you struggle to find causes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.