[WIP][0.1] Red vs Blue!A BDArmory expansion pack... now with 100% more stealth!

Scoundrel

Okay, so let's see if my reply works this time...

Firstly, a heads up regarding my status: I've been prepping for the last month because in the new year I start a new gig which, for the next 90 days (with an optional +30 days extension) or so, will keep me too busy to work on RvB (as well as have a social life... sigh)

Secondly, I do have plans to finish RvB as soon as this gig is over, so feel free to continue to make suggestions. I likely won't be able to reply because my secure laptop doesn't like the new forums for some reason (I can't even log in with it) - I suspect it's because of the cookies - but I will continue to read posts where internet and protocols allow.

Anyways, sorry for the long delays. I'm really hoping things cool off in 2016 and I can go back to having lots of spare time again.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Firstly, a heads up regarding my status: I've been prepping for the last month because in the new year I start a new gig which, for the next 90 days (with an optional +30 days extension) or so, will keep me too busy to work on RvB (as well as have a social life... sigh)

Secondly, I do have plans to finish RvB as soon as this gig is over, so feel free to continue to make suggestions. I likely won't be able to reply because my secure laptop doesn't like the new forums for some reason (I can't even log in with it) - I suspect it's because of the cookies - but I will continue to read posts where internet and protocols allow.

Anyways, sorry for the long delays. I'm really hoping things cool off in 2016 and I can go back to having lots of spare time again.

Cheers!

It's all good Scoundrel. There is a lot going on in the world right now. And life must always come before our games. Till then we look forward to your return.

• 3 weeks later...
On December 17, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Scoundrel said:

Cheers!

Scoundrel, when you return. Would you please open up the inside of the bomb bay? With its shallow dimensions it really limits its capacity. I built a bomb rotisserie that holds 6 JDAMs or 6 cruise missiles. It will "fit" but clips through the inner structure. If you opened it up to be the same vertical size as the standard mk2 bays that would really help a ton.

On 1/2/2016 at 11:59 AM, V8jester said:

Scoundrel, when you return. Would you please open up the inside of the bomb bay? With its shallow dimensions it really limits its capacity. I built a bomb rotisserie that holds 6 JDAMs or 6 cruise missiles. It will "fit" but clips through the inner structure. If you opened it up to be the same vertical size as the standard mk2 bays that would really help a ton.

Or have a version like your describing, and the current one. I like the current one as is

5 hours ago, Thatdude253 said:

Or have a version like your describing, and the current one. I like the current one as is

I like multiple points of view. That's how Firespitter's texture / model switching came to be :) It's totally possible to make a new model and keep the existing one and switch on the fly.

6 hours ago, V8jester said:

I like multiple points of view. That's how Firespitter's texture / model switching came to be :) It's totally possible to make a new model and keep the existing one and switch on the fly.

Whatever works

On January 2, 2016 at 0:59 PM, V8jester said:

I honestly thought that people would use the regular cargo bays for bomb bays, and leave the weapons bays as missile bays, lol.

If you're thinking stealth, there would be little difference between a modified weapons bay and the cargo bay, as to open it up I'd have to remove the fuel section, which would reduce its stealth mass fraction, and thus it would have a negligible effect on the LO characteristics of the aircraft when other LO parts are taken into consideration. That might change when Baha rewrites BDA for 1.1, but we'll have to wait and see. Worse case scenario is I just lengthen the cargo bay and slap a red stripe on it. :D

FYI, the way Baha has stealth set up now, filling the bays with weapons appears to reduce an aircraft's LO; I can't confirm it at the moment, but it apparently doesn't recognize parts that have been internalized. It's something I'll bring up with him when he pops back on the forums after KSP 1.1 is released.

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I honestly thought that people would use the regular cargo bays for bomb bays, and leave the weapons bays as missile bays, lol.

If you're thinking stealth, there would be little difference between a modified weapons bay and the cargo bay, as to open it up I'd have to remove the fuel section, which would reduce its stealth mass fraction, and thus it would have a negligible effect on the LO characteristics of the aircraft when other LO parts are taken into consideration. That might change when Baha rewrites BDA for 1.1, but we'll have to wait and see. Worse case scenario is I just lengthen the cargo bay and slap a red stripe on it. :D

FYI, the way Baha has stealth set up now, filling the bays with weapons appears to reduce an aircraft's LO; I can't confirm it at the moment, but it apparently doesn't recognize parts that have been internalized. It's something I'll bring up with him when he pops back on the forums after KSP 1.1 is released.

Sounds good, I'm away from my computer right now but I hope I said that right.

So there is an F22 style mid side opening "small" bay which I think is perfect. And a bottom opening "B-2" style bay. The vertical capacity of the B-2 style bay was what I was talking about. I just finished a rebuild of my B-2 using two of those large bays side by side with matched bomb rotors. And while it works I just thought it would be cool if its internal vertical capacity was closer to that of the stock squad MK2 cargo bay. And I did notice last night the BD cruise missiles are just slightly too long for that bay as well. Hopefully I didn't garble it that time :)

Well again, Really digging the new parts. Also really like the fit of the twin missile rack in the F22 style bay with two of your missiles. I'm working on a video showing off your bay with another one of my weapon racks (same concept as the one you were working on) should be up in a day or two, lots of cut scenes and re-filming to make it look like one continuous flight with multiple angles. I'm about half done and the close up shots of your bay / missiles is what I'll be working on tonight.

Edit

Finished it up tonight.

Edited by V8jester

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Thatdude253 said:

Even most of them can't fit in the small bay. Everything fits in the large bay

Unfortunate... the small bay is perfect for an F-22... the large bay is not. May just prune these parts... it seems like nothing from the regular BDArmory fits in the small one... except a Hellfire missile, and maybe 1 or two other things. Thanks for the answer... time to prune these parts away.

10 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Unfortunate... the small bay is perfect for an F-22... the large bay is not. May just prune these parts... it seems like nothing from the regular BDArmory fits in the small one... except a Hellfire missile, and maybe 1 or two other things. Thanks for the answer... time to prune these parts away.

A medium bay that is more like the F-22/F-35 is apparently on the way, when Scoundrel can get the time. But other than that, sorry, no news

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2016 at 7:49 AM, Hellbrand said:

can we get an Alternative Download than Kerbalstuff since  as we know kerbal stuff is now essentially dead?

If you go to kerbalstuff at the bottom of the page a torrent is provided with all the mods, (its 60+ GB). Red vs Blue is located under the folder MaxSimm_13703

edit: you don't need to download the whole thing just the one folder

Edited by NZ-Banana

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have issues with the k-60 missile being unable to fly it basically failing to fly at all let alone at a target? Maybe from the recent changes to BD just wondered if it was just me. Thanks!

On 12/17/2015 at 5:23 AM, Scoundrel said:

Cheers!

For everyone asking, Scoundrel may still be pretty busy, but I'm sure he'll get it up as soon as he can. In the meantime there was a workaround by downloading the folder from the torrent available on Kerbalstuff.

34 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

For everyone asking, Scoundrel may still be pretty busy, but I'm sure he'll get it up as soon as he can. In the meantime there was a workaround by downloading the folder from the torrent available on Kerbalstuff.

ok i will try and be patient

36 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

wait how do you use the torrent 

On 3/11/2016 at 6:25 PM, XOC2008 said:

Just reiterating what has been said. Have some patience, or find the torrent on the kerbalstuff page and locate the red vs blue folder in it.