[1.0.5] Blue Technologies

silversliver

New parts for ISRU of various gases

==REQUIRES COMMUNITYRESOURCEPACK==

Compatible with tweakscale.

Recommended for use with Near Future Propulsion.

The Blue Drill

dpz3gm.jpg

Managed resources: Argon and Xenon from planetary surfaces or asteroids

Download:

http://www.spacedock.info/mod/292/The%20Blue%20Drill

LIcense: MIT

========================================================================================

The Blue Scoop:

10zq075.jpg

Managed resources: Argon, Xenon and Hydrogen from atmospheres of planets

Download:

http://www.spacedock.info/mod/294/The%20Blue%20Scoop

License: MIT

=========================================================================

Optional ModuleManager patch for stock converters

Installation: Put in the GameData folder

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05mt874y74n6s1v/xenon%20and%20argon.cfg?dl=0

License: MIT

Edited by silversliver

Well do you have any suggestions on where to extract it?

Edit: If you have Near Future Propulsion you can use stock Ore to convert in LH2

Didn't realise that you can convert it in LH2 with NFP!

Edit: You are right! I tested it.

Edited by kovdan13

• 4 weeks later...
How do I harvest/scan Xenon and Argon?

- - - Updated - - -

Which resource do i need to harvest xenon gas?

Keep on the good work!

If you have installed CommunityResourcePack (is required) the stock orbital scanner and surface scanning module are sufficient.

For planets and moons you have to look in the Atmosphere tab of the resources.

Asteroids are the best places for Xenon and Argon.

I don't understand the second question? Maybe you mean that you need electric charge to make the atmospheric extractor and the drill function?

If you have installed CommunityResourcePack (is required) the stock orbital scanner and surface scanning module are sufficient.

For planets and moons you have to look in the Atmosphere tab of the resources.

Asteroids are the best places for Xenon and Argon.

I don't understand the second question? Maybe you mean that you need electric charge to make the atmospheric extractor and the drill function?

The first one was my fault! Haven't installed the Community Resource Pack!

I scanned Kerbin and the xenon or Argon are in the ocean or atmosphere i can't harvest the ocean and for the atmosphere is the scoop.

How do I use the drill? Can't find any place to drill. Can I drill only on Asteroids or on planets too?

Hope I don't sound like a complete idiot. icon6.png

EDIT:

Grabbed an Asteroid tried to harvest it but my EMPTY Xenon gas Tank doesn't fill up. Am I doing something wrong!

EDIT2:

Forget everything i asked! I succesfully harvested an asteroid! Keep on the work and don't think about my dumbness anymore!

Edited by kovdan13

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, starship said:

this magic drill is good working on kerbin. but on the Mun it cant. I can only retract and deploy it. I think that there no argon in the Mun and Minmus? Is it true?

No, actually for the drill you must use an asteroid, there isn't argon or xenon on planets.

12 hours ago, silversliver said:

No, actually for the drill you must use an asteroid, there isn't argon or xenon on planets.

its a very bad. But I can  harvest  argon and xenon on Kerbin. :confused: Can you add a opportunity to harvest this important fuels on the moons too, оr make a some mod allows extracting argon and xenon in stock convertor from ore? Now i can extract lithium but not argon and xenon. :blush:

18 minutes ago, starship said:

its a very bad. But I can  harvest  argon and xenon on Kerbin. :confused: Can you add a opportunity to harvest this important fuels on the moons too, оr make a some mod allows extracting argon and xenon in stock convertor from ore? Now i can extract lithium but not argon and xenon. :blush:

Yes, I checked and it's a bug, thanks for reporting.

No, I'll not add the extraction to the drill because it's unrealistic (it already is with asteroids but whatever).

Optionally I added a ModuleManager patch for both of the stock converters.

6 hours ago, silversliver said:

Yes, I checked and it's a bug, thanks for reporting.

No, I'll not add the extraction to the drill because it's unrealistic (it already is with asteroids but whatever).

Optionally I added a ModuleManager patch for both of the stock converters.

But asteroids is only near Kerin space? And after a few times of study cfg files i understand that any rare gases and etc is only in asteroids?

1 hour ago, starship said:

But asteroids is only near Kerin space? And after a few times of study cfg files i understand that any rare gases and etc is only in asteroids?

If you have the Asteroid Day mod you can spawn asteroids around all the planets, if you don't have it the asteroids are only around Kerbin and in Dres orbit.

The rare gases are in asteroids, in the planets atmospheres, and Xenon is also in water (kerbin, laythe, eve).

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.