[Released] Free IVA Alpha v0.2.1 [1.12.x] (2022-11-24)

pizzaoverhead

Honestly, something I'm really looking forward to about this mod is that it'll introduce a much needed flexibility and capability of filming inside a module. Up until now, almost all well-made cinematics totally exclude interior shots due to their difficulty to pull off, which really limits the ability to develop a story around the characters. Being able to film inside will increase the diversity and quality of stories, and it'll help me with some of my more long-term ideas! If I may make a request, seeing as the mod is still fairly early in its roadmap, would it be possible to create the possibility to free-IVA, without a Kerbal being attached to the camera? Otherwise there's a potential issue of a Kerbal always being missing from the scene, in order to get the shot. If this is not possible, I'm sure we can work around it. We've been working around many other things for a long time now!

Keep up the amazing work! :) 

• 1 month later...

Hey @pizzaoverhead how is it going? Too much time withou hearing about you! Hope everything is fine :)

Anything new with the mod? (I understand your lack of time)

Would it be possible, since the own game lets see the interiors from outside, to use your work in order to make windows transparent? I mean a kind of 'only see through the window' filter.

Thanks a lot :kiss:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

i have some problems to get this mod working for me. Running on the latest version of KSP (1.1.2).

Maybe there are some conflicts with other mods, like "ConnectedLivingSpace"? Im not able to press "Y" to unbuckle from the chair in IVA.

It would be cool if one of you may help me. :) Looking forward to play around with this awesome mod! :P

Greetings,

4 hours ago, morph9833 said:

Hey there,

i have some problems to get this mod working for me. Running on the latest version of KSP (1.1.2).

Maybe there are some conflicts with other mods, like "ConnectedLivingSpace"? Im not able to press "Y" to unbuckle from the chair in IVA.

It would be cool if one of you may help me. :) Looking forward to play around with this awesome mod! :P

Greetings,

I do not believe that this mod is updated to be compatible with 1.1.2 as of yet. So, sadly, until it is it will not function in the latest version and will only work in 1.0.5

• 1 month later...

I've done the first bit of testing this against 1.1, and things are badly broken. Lots of code has changed for Unity 5, the GUI and shader are non-functional, and the new stock cutaway view has changed some of the relevant camera setup. It'll take a while to get things back where they were. On the positive side, NathanKell has added some extra pieces that negate the need for some buggy hacks that had been causing FreeIVA issues.

On 6/28/2016 at 1:46 AM, pizzaoverhead said:

I've done the first bit of testing this against 1.1, and things are badly broken. Lots of code has changed for Unity 5, the GUI and shader are non-functional, and the new stock cutaway view has changed some of the relevant camera setup. It'll take a while to get things back where they were. On the positive side, NathanKell has added some extra pieces that negate the need for some buggy hacks that had been causing FreeIVA issues.

Sorry to hear that :( Nothing more frustrating for me.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Redneck said:

i wanted to test this out. Does anybody know if this works in 1.1.3? Is there a certain part that it uses?

1.1 changed things enough that it doesn't work at all. As this point, I'm still working on getting my other mods up and running again before returning to more experimental mods like this one.

5 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

1.1 changed things enough that it doesn't work at all. As this point, I'm still working on getting my other mods up and running again before returning to more experimental mods like this one.

thanks for the reply. Looking forward to a test version. Please take your time and thank you for your contribution o7

17 minutes ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Here's the state it's in at the moment: Most of it doesn't work, with loads of errors, but it now does something in 1.1 at least.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7wRgLdaxUSdbEZ4akR2amFXRzA/view?usp=sharing

cool ill check it out when i get off work here in about 3 hours? would you like me to report my findings or are you already aware of them?

35 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

Imagine your mod, with this parts (-> Signature link)

That's pretty cool! I like your engine effects! I've been testing something similar myself:

29 minutes ago, Redneck said:

cool ill check it out when i get off work here in about 3 hours? would you like me to report my findings or are you already aware of them?

Feel free! Just beware that your findings may be "breaks my game entirely" :wink: I haven't had much time to check it out, but so far I know that the GUI, camera depth sorting, hatches and collision all don't work right.

9 minutes ago, pizzaoverhead said:

That's pretty cool! I like your engine effects! I've been testing something similar myself:

Feel free! Just beware that your findings may be "breaks my game entirely" :wink: I haven't had much time to check it out, but so far I know that the GUI, camera depth sorting, hatches and collision all don't work right.

I believe in that type of Visual, more stylish. In my machine the stock one don't make trail, it make little balls, that have nothing to do with smoke, rsrsrsrsrsrs.

My first pics with engine was only in Maya, but when i get there, i gonna try it in game too.

Cheers :wink:

14 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

I believe in that type of Visual, more stylish. In my machine the stock one don't make trail, it make little balls, that have nothing to do with smoke, rsrsrsrsrsrs.

My first pics with engine was only in Maya, but when i get there, i gonna try it in game too.

Cheers :wink:

I get the same thing as well w/ large part count crafts. That solid style cone is very interesting! It feels... "clean". Fills my head with a retro-TRON taste. Is it less resource intensive than stock? That's filling my head with ideas for a clean texture retro-graphics overhaul...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I get the same thing as well w/ large part count crafts. That solid style cone is very interesting! It feels... "clean". Fills my head with a retro-TRON taste. Is it less resource intensive than stock? That's filling my head with ideas for a clean texture retro-graphics overhaul...

I really don't know yet, but i believe it is. Because you play only with a simple poly and maybe some post fx i can try later on.

:wink:

Best of luck Climber :) If I get the urge I may end up making "clean" variants of all KSP parts. Would be an interesting aesthetic change. - I wanted to say that it's pleasant to hear from you again - I've seen your work in the ancient past and it's almost mystical to see the veteran crowd return :)

• 1 month later...

I think another cool idea would be implementing the movement mechanics of EVA somehow, allowing the viewer to "float" instead of just move.  What i mean by that is maintain inertia, you know, like in EVA.