[Released] Free IVA Alpha v0.2.1 [1.12.x] (2022-11-24)

pizzaoverhead

• 2 weeks later...

PizzaOverHead, if you're still having issues with gimbal lock comma I would suggest using quaternions. While more complicated, as they make full use of the imaginary number syste, using quaternions instead of Euler angles almost completely eliminates gimbal lock.

Can you share the Github link? I want to see if I can help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What ever happened the pseudo-implementation of this that squad was doing in stock? I remember seeing some images that look like cutaways of kerbals sitting in the command pods in a dev notes or something.....

hype for the super secret big surprise oft mentioned in the dev notes is a full version of this mod in stock?

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Edited by Errol

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, Errol said:

What ever happened the pseudo-implementation of this that squad was doing in stock? I remember seeing some images that look like cutaways of kerbals sitting in the command pods in a dev notes or something.....

hype for the super secret big surprise oft mentioned in the dev notes is a full version of this mod in stock?

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Isn't it still available in game?

im hoping for IVA movement to be the big secret project as well :-) !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Working on it!

ag6wn2n.png

... It's beautiful :) Does this mean I need to resume looking at your imgur album every week to see if anything's been added? :o That added so much hype...

I'm just glad to know that this is still in your Radar! Lmk if you ever want help testing?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I've been putting some time into this over the past few months. No major news to report. A lot of the things broken in the recent KSP releases have been fixed. The round hatch shader still isn't working yet, and there are often errors that force you to restart the game, but there is progress.

I've also been working on a gravity/force system while in IVA. The goal is to allow you to walk around while in a gravity well or centrifuge for example, and float or grab handrails while under lower gravity. The camera system will be a normal FPS-style control while under acceleration, and a free look with no "up" or "down" in space, so you can build your stations in any direction you want, and risk getting disoriented when the ceiling is the floor.

The gravity system needs all IVA parts to have custom colliders added, otherwise you fall through the craft (and also everything else), so there is a lot of work to be done.

In the really long term, there's lots of cool stuff that could be done, like supplies that take up internal space, moving things around, customising IVA equipment and gauges in the VAB, having to put on space suits, explosive decompression etc., but all that fun stuff is quite some time away.

Those are my thoughts for where IVA could be brought. What would you like to see from IVA in an ideal world?

@pizzaoverhead I had a concern regarding centrifuges - Is curvature in the design a concern with connecting IVA spaces? I.E. parts and entrances clipping together at odd angles. Do you have a way to get around this? I have a large centrifuge that I built with freeIVA in mind. Do you think it would work?

Edited by Avera9eJoe