[BACE, Carts] LGV: Stable, safe car that goes high speeds!

I was messing around with the carts mod and came up with this design. It uses a command module from the BACE mod and the cart from the Carts mod. (Made this in .15, not the latest update because I\'ve heard of some really bad glitches that came with it)

Max Speed: 102 --Fastest I got when going straight on flatish land

Average Speed: 90 --Again, on flatish land

Break time: 6-10 seconds --Breaks from 102 m/s to 0 in around that time, and does not flip over!

Turning the car: It\'s safe to just hold down J or L from 0 to 60 m/s, however it will flip from around 70+, so just quickly tap the keys instead of holding them down.

I had quite a bit of fun with this thing, I just drove around for a few minutes and jumped hills every now and then. This cart seems to be really stable because of the BACE command module, as it is just a cylinder.

(Headlights can be turned on by pressing U, if you don\'t know.)

EDIT: Messed around mountains with it, you need to control it when it\'s mid-air using the WASD keys to keep it steady. Added a picture of me flying off of a mountain.

screenshot13.png

screenshot14.png

screenshot15.png

screenshot24.png2h2kzts.png

Let me know what you think!! :D

Those wingboards are intriguing. I assume the extra lift they give you makes jumping things more fun, but also could pose some stability issues on a long jump. Does the lack of vertical stabilizers cause issues?

The wing things are just to make the cart bit look less bland. I don\'t think it gives much lift. :P

I\'ve not tried actually jumping off of really big hills, I only ran into really short ones where I got air for like a second or so.

That looks awesome :3

But how do you get to see the trees and grass and such?:o

In options: the scattered terrain option or something? (It has a density slider, too)

Thanks for the feedback. I\'ve found that you HAVE to control it mid-air using WASD to keep it level with the ground. Doing it that way it works (mostly) fine depending on how good you are at keeping it level and noticing the angle of the terrain you\'ll land on.

I added a picture of me messing around on the hills west of KSC, seems you can get really good air, even when you\'re not trying!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.