Master Tech Aerospace

TMasterson5

How do you guys like the part color? Vote for how you would improve it  

99 members have voted

1. 1. How do you guys like the part color? Vote for how you would improve it

• Darker
    • Less Shiny
    • More Shiny

This pack includes parts for tactical fighter jets and other military aircraft. Currently it is in V 1 and no longed being added to, but will be updated and maintained for functionality, it includes a selection of parts including fuselage, fuel tanks, and many cockpits. All cockpits have integrated BD Armory radar and weapons managers and some have other goodies built in.

nWHdLft.png

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

Edited by TMasterson5

[MOD - Thread reopened after moderator intervention]

After corresponding with Tmasterton5, I have obtained sufficient evidence to prove that the work he has done so far, while extremely close in appearance to stock parts, is technically original.

Tmasterton5's original intention was to develop a line of aircraft parts suitable for jet fighters, that are directly compatible with stock fuselage profiles. To this end, he used taniwha's Blender .mu import/export script to examine various stock parts and the precise dimensions of their profiles, and then extrude new and original fuselage parts based on these profiles, which happened to have similar dimensions to stock parts for compatibility.

As for UV maps and texturing, I'm certain his skills in those areas will improve over time. To that end I've directed him to seek out information on Ambient Occlusion (AO) baking and the manipulation of UV vertices/islands.

I'm also recommending that he temporarily remove his download from Kerbal Stuff, at least until he has finished making some unique cockpit parts and engines to go with them (as he has planned). This should hopefully address concerns about him merely releasing a WIP parts pack with little differentiation from existing parts.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to keep your comments and critiques constructive, and to avoid insults or harassing posts. This applies equally to all users in any mod development/release topic.

If there is a post that you feel violates the official Community Rules or am uncomfortable about, please just quietly file a report, and move on - there is no need to antagonize anyone.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by sumghai

Would it be hard to whip up a X-37 model ?

Not to discourage anyone, but I can assure that the X-37 is a complex model, with organic shapes, that poses many problems regarding the topology. As it seems that what I posted before was not constructive criticism, here it goes. Seeing that he doesn't know how to model (or at least he didn't want to show anyone your abilities), I don't recomend him even dedicating one hour to it, but if he does, please inform me.

EDIT: FYI, Conformal Drop Tanks don't exist. By definition, a Conformal Fuel Tanks by definition can't be dropped.

Edited by mariohm1311

Would it be hard to whip up a X-37 model ?
Wasn't in my plans but maybe.
[MOD - Thread reopened after moderator intervention]

After corresponding with Tmasterton5, I have obtained sufficient evidence to prove that the work he has done so far, while extremely close in appearance to stock parts, is technically original.

Tmasterton5's original intention was to develop a line of aircraft parts suitable for jet fighters, that are directly compatible with stock fuselage profiles. To this end, he used taniwha's Blender .mu import/export script to examine various stock parts and the precise dimensions of their profiles, and then extrude new and original fuselage parts based on these profiles, which happened to have similar dimensions to stock parts for compatibility.

As for UV maps and texturing, I'm certain his skills in those areas will improve over time. To that end I've directed him to seek out information on Ambient Occlusion (AO) baking and the manipulation of UV vertices/islands.

I'm also recommending that he temporarily remove his download from Kerbal Stuff, at least until he has finished making some unique cockpit parts and engines to go with them (as he has planned). This should hopefully address concerns about him merely releasing a WIP parts pack with little differentiation from existing parts.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to keep your comments and critiques constructive, and to avoid insults or harassing posts. This applies equally to all users in any mod development/release topic.

If there is a post that you feel violates the official Community Rules or am uncomfortable about, please just quietly file a report, and move on - there is no need to antagonize anyone.

Thank you for your understanding.

Whoa sorry, had no clue. Good idea though by tmasterson now that I think of it.
Not to discourage anyone, but I can assure that the X-37 is a complex model, with organic shapes, that poses many problems regarding the topology. As it seems that what I posted before was not constructive criticism, here it goes. Seeing that he doesn't know how to model (or at least he didn't want to show anyone your abilities), I don't recomend him even dedicating one hour to it, but if he does, please inform me.

EDIT: FYI, Conformal Drop Tanks don't exist. By definition, a Conformal Fuel Tanks by definition can't be dropped.

X-37b would be cool, but the x-37c crew carrier would be nice to go with it :P

• 1 month later...

Mastertech Aerospace mod update. V.2.3

-Added new Mk2-Mk1 adapter with intakes built in

-Made some fixes to the engine(No engine effects/sounds, WIP)

-Added afterburner feature to engine

-Added prototype missile rail

Let me know what you think!

V.2.4 is live. Changelog:

Finalized first engine. Works like RAPIER engine with switching between normal and afterburner modes

Added engine effects that actually work

Added SU-27 Mk2 fuel tank part. Has built in air intakes, the iconic bend, and the cockpit will angle slightly down

Renamed some parts

Made the CFG files look better and easier to use

The color scheme on these new parts will be rolled out to all parts with V .3

I really like the look of this Mod, I'm just wondering if you could get some close-up images of the parts, and/or images in-flight or as part of a vehicle. Thanks!

I will for the next update which is V .3. A lot of major changes and updates are coming with that so I will get some good pictures of the parts for that. It will probably be released late next week. Thanks for your feedback!

Okay so here is the current list of parts that are made or will be made shortly for the next update(V.3) which will(hopefully) be released next week, of my mod along with some pictures.Please let me know what you think and what parts you would like to see added!

-Mk1 Cockpit(Pictured)

-One and Two Seat Variants

-Mk2 Cockpit

-One and Two Seat Variants

-All cockpits have a built in radar and weapon manager

-Jet Engine

-Toggle switch for afterburning mode(More thrust output, but at the cost of extra fuel usage.

-Fuel Tanks: Mk2 Bicoupler(Pictured), Mk1, Mk2 2 Half(Pictured), Mk2 Quarter, Mk1 to Mk1 with intakes, Mk1 to Mk2 with intakes, M1 to Mk2 with long intakes(Pictured), Mk1 to Mk2 Adapter, Mk1 to Mk2 adapter with attachments for stock intakes, Mk2 to Mk2 SU27 style fuselage with intakes

-Structural: Mk1, Mk2, Mk2 short

-Hardpoints(All pictured):1 weapon, 2 weapons+one pod, 3 Weapons, 4 Weapons + 1 pod

-A pod spot could also be used for a weapon, it might just look a bit different than the other points

-Countermeasure Pod(Pictured)

-Carries and deploys flares and chaff just like the BD countermeasure dispensers

-Electronic Countermeasure pod(Picture)

-Works like the one in BD Armory

-Radar Pod(Pictured)

-Works like a nose cone radar but is attachable to hardpoints, etc..

-The color scheme as you can probably tell is meant to look more fighter jet like, when paired with B9 proc wings black texture, you can make some cool looking jets.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Good progress, looking forward to where this is going

I have been honored by the red vs. blue guy! *gasp* yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! Also this is why I asked for the animation help on your mod page the other day. And thanks for your compliments. Any suggestions on parts/look?

Test Post for fancy new signature. Sorry for the intrusion. You may resume your normal lives now...... And dont forget to check back towards the end of the weeks for the huge update. Relevant pictures and details in the first post on page three.

V .3 is live! This is the biggest update to date and greatly improves the mods appearence and usefullness. You can see some of the new parts in the pictures below.

V.3

The following parts have all been added:

Mk1 Cockpit One and Two Seat Variants

Mk2 Cockpit One and Two Seat Variants

All cockpits have a built in radar and weapon manager

Jet Engine

Toggle switch for afterburning mode(More thrust output, but at the cost of extra fuel usage.

Fuel Tanks: Mk2 Bicoupler, Mk1, Mk2 2 Half, Mk2 Quarter, Mk1 to Mk1 with intakes, Mk1 to Mk2 with intakes, M1 to Mk2 with long intakes, Mk1 to Mk2 Adapter, Mk1 to Mk2 adapter with attachments for stock intakes, Mk2 to Mk2 SU27 style fuselage with intakes

Structural: Mk1, Mk2, Mk2 short

Hardpoints:1 weapon, 2 weapons+one pod, 3 Weapons, 4 Weapons + 1 pod

A pod spot could also be used for a weapon, it might just look a bit different than the other points

Countermeasure Pod

Carries and deploys flares and chaff just like the BD countermeasure dispensers

Electronic Countermeasure pod

Works like the one in BD Armory

Radar Pod

Works like a nose cone radar but is attachable to hardpoints, etc..

New and vastly improved color scheme that will be the permanent one at least for now, I will also add a stock a like white texture as an alternate eventually

Minor CFG fixes to some parts

All old parts have been re-textured

Old cockpits have been removed and replaced by the new, much better looking ones

Javascript is disabled. View full album