[1.0.5] FASTCORP Roads 2.2a Colliders Hotfix

fast_de_la_speed

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding some of the issues being reported with imported custom instances.

Whilst Kerbal Konstruct's import process will extend the loading time of KSP slightly (a pause before the Main Menu appears) this should not be excessive.

Unless you have been making your own custom instances with the editor and have a lot of static packs installed. In this case, Kerbal Konstructs will save every single instance, regardless of whether it is custom or not to the relevant core configuration files of your statics packs. This is intentional.

If you have not then removed any exported packs of your own, or imported packs, the importer will attempt to import a bunch of duplicate instances when loading KSP. This will extend the load time.

TLDR: If you use the KK editor, once you finished your edits and hit Save, you will now have duplicates of everything, until you remove any pack you have exported yourself, or a custom instance import pack you installed. This is how it's supposed to work for anyone who uses the editor.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Regarding some of the issues being reported with imported custom instances.

Whilst Kerbal Konstruct's import process will extend the loading time of KSP slightly (a pause before the Main Menu appears) this should not be excessive.

Unless you have been making your own custom instances with the editor and have a lot of static packs installed. In this case, Kerbal Konstructs will save every single instance, regardless of whether it is custom or not to the relevant core configuration files of your statics packs. This is intentional.

If you have not then removed any exported packs of your own, or imported packs, the importer will attempt to import a bunch of duplicate instances when loading KSP. This will extend the load time.

TLDR: If you use the KK editor, once you finished your edits and hit Save, you will now have duplicates of everything, until you remove any pack you have exported yourself, or a custom instance import pack you installed. This is how it's supposed to work for anyone who uses the editor.

This was an error on my part, I had duplicates of the superhighway in ExportedInstances and my Customs folder. You probably got the email of the custom free version of my mod, which noted a customs issue in the changelog, which I uploaded mere seconds before I realized what the problem was. I deleted that version and then reuploaded it with a different changelog but did not notify followers. sorry about that.

is it possible to develop a "procedural road" type of mod that would allow path building on other planets?

Currently, you have to place all parts on your own. If I was able to create plugins for KSP, then I would indeed try to make something with a GUI to help place parts like Rollercoaster Tycoon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys, apparently I still follow this thread. lol.

Anyway, here's a link to the latest release of this mod. Nothing to update it, no changes, pulled right out of an archive i found on my PC. I don't do kerbal modding anymore so i'm not going to be updating this if it doesn't work.

https://mega.nz/#!lQlAGCLL!ma8IJgUPp64hBlHPcRNw48ibLIQ0KFuT-wm7iXXIjEo

enjoy!

3 hours ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

I don't do kerbal modding anymore so i'm not going to be updating this if it doesn't work.

No problem, life moves on.

However, if you were to upload the Sketchup/Photoshop/Crazybump source files, someone else might be interested in continuing development...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.