closed

carneyvich

Is mechjeb cheating  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is mechjeb cheating

• yes
    • i dont know
    • no

Hello everybody i just wanted to say im sorry for wasting your times. i hoped this would turn out differently but no it didnt, i made this to get data on what people thought in the end of the "is mechjeb cheating threads to get data abut what everyone thought in the end but it turned out like every other one. hopefully people stop making these threads now and look back to this to see what happens when you do. goodbye sorry for wasting your time and making this thread.

Edited by carneyvich
What i didnt want to happen

A lot of threads already main concensus since it is a single player game no it is not.

I'll parapharase and sum up the comments for you:

Not cheating but MJ takes the challenge away from the game.

In RL autopilots are used and MJ takes care of some of the more tedious task.

Edited by WOODY01

Please define "cheating".

"Cheating in video games involves a video game player using non-standard methods for creating an advantage beyond normal gameplay, usually to make the game easier."

"Cheating in video games involves a video game player using non-standard methods for creating an advantage beyond normal gameplay, usually to make the game easier."

Well, there you go. It's not cheating by that definition.

Mechjeb seems to be a pretty standard addition to many people's games.

Of course, to fully determine it, we'd need to define "advantage", as well.

Well, there you go. It's not cheating by that definition.

Mechjeb seems to be a pretty standard addition to many people's games.

Just because cheating is common doesnt make it right.

Using mechjeb is no different than playing half-life 2 with an aim-bot. it makes it so you don't actually have to play a substantial portion of the game.

Sure automation in ksp is "realistic" but its bad for gameplay, in that it takes away a good part of gameplay.

[using mechjeb] makes it so you don't actually have to play a substantial portion of the game.

I can only cheat if I'm playing the game.

If I use mechjeb, I'm not playing the game.

:. I cannot cheat by using mechjeb.

I can only cheat if I'm playing the game.

If I use mechjeb, I'm not playing the game.

:. I cannot cheat by using mechjeb.

Well I just got lawyered, well done :P

Everyone has their beliefs, I am clearly in the minority here since I think any gameplay changing mod is cheating. I just like these threads in the short time they live since I can profess my view.

All of us will play the way we like to play, who cares.

Well I just got lawyered, well done :P

Everyone has their beliefs, I am clearly in the minority here since I think any gameplay changing mod is cheating. I just like these threads in the short time they live since I can profess my view.

All of us will play the way we like to play, who cares.

Is realism overhaul cheating? Is TAC life support cheating? Is Remote Tech cheating?

Also- Mechjeb tends to create as many problems as it solves, and so I mostly use it for testing crafts along with Hyper-Edit, which isn't cheating either.

Yes, I agree Mechjeb is cheating if it is in DMP, but in single player there is no cheating, only people with time-constraints.

IMO yes, yes, and yes.

I am proudly a stock purist.

Is Stock Bugfix Modules cheating?

Because if it is, we might as well give up on the game because squad will never fix it.

However, SQUAD has shown that this game can change and kept on introducing changes that were only mods in the pass.

I personally have hope this game will continue to get more realistic and hard, which I guess is cheating, cause reentry heat makes missions so much easier.

Please stop judging others, especially in a 1 person game.

Edited by clivman

Is Stock Bugfix Modules cheating?

Does that come with the game? If its a user made mod thingy does it change anything? or does it just make things work the way squad had intended but they screwed up?

I honestly dont know what that is.

I've been getting more open minded, mods like Chatterer and EVE, graphical/audio stuff doesn't bother me. But to do any much more than that seems wrong. I dont even like these "official mods" that soccerball thing and the more recent asteroid detection mod.

Can we just have a ban on these "Is XYZ cheating?" threads now?
I hope so.

There was a very similar spree of threads like this ~3 weeks ago I think, Mods all shut them down. I've been waiting for them to do that here but they have not yet.

No good can come of this.

Unless these threads bring you entertainment, then by all means, enjoy.

EDIT: OH now I remember, there were a bunch of "How do you pronounce _______" threads, got that mixed up.

Edited by r4pt0r

Does that come with the game? If its a user made mod thingy does it change anything? or does it just make things work the way squad had intended but they screwed up?

I honestly dont know what that is.

It fixes the things SQUAD hasn't gotten around to yet or is ignoring, really useful between updates rather than waiting three months to escape a kraken.