[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

i did a thingy!

https://imgur.com/19yULpU
https://imgur.com/OkcuYIE

the Russian destroyer Gnevny.....the weapons aren't exactly right (cz NAS nor BDarmory have the proper weapons) so i went for the closest in design to what they where supposed to be.....also it's rather part heavy (somewhere around 1500ish parts )

(also for some reason i can't post pictures, it always fails when i try =/

Edited by Hs.Panda

1 hour ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Hey all, BDAC just came out with a new version which apparently reworks everything. Any of you heard of that? Apparently there's a whole new health system and the old heat damage thing does not work anymore.

The BDAc version you are referring to is a public beta ... it is essentially the pre-release of BDAc v1.1

Here's the link to the beta thread: 

2 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Hey all, BDAC just came out with a new version which apparently reworks everything. Any of you heard of that? Apparently there's a whole new health system and the old heat damage thing does not work anymore.

Yeah I know and I've been working on this since early alpha phase, while getting our other team projects running. Now things are going on fluently into rebalancing, in which we need to make sure that things are historically accurate while making sense under BDAc mechanics.

Hi, great mod I have a lot of fun constructing many ships ... But we really do what it takes to build a battleship of 99 thousand tons and armed with 460 mm weapons and some BL-14 turrets the point is that when I fire the animation of the shot hangs repeating several shots at a time and the bullets do not come out of the pipe consuming all my ammunition and the "real shot" does it come out could you help me solve this bug?

09KUJBf.png
As in the picture I shoot the animation of the tower firing appears and the bullets do not come out consuming all my ammunition and the sound of repeated shots

Recently I installed only the new mod bd armory in relation to the system of armatures n I know if I can have some connection

Edited by Favilin

8 hours ago, Favilin said:

Hi, great mod I have a lot of fun constructing many ships ... But we really do what it takes to build a battleship of 99 thousand tons and armed with 460 mm weapons and some BL-14 turrets the point is that when I fire the animation of the shot hangs repeating several shots at a time and the bullets do not come out of the pipe consuming all my ammunition and the "real shot" does it come out could you help me solve this bug?

09KUJBf.png

As in the picture I shoot the animation of the tower firing appears and the bullets do not come out consuming all my ammunition and the sound of repeated shots

Recently I installed only the new mod bd armory in relation to the system of armatures n I know if I can have some connection

NAS is not compatible with latest beta BDAc yet. Please use it with the stable release.

Earlier you said that NAS was not compatible with the new damage system of the BD armory, I reinstalled the game and the addons (With the Compatible BD with the NAS) ... After a good time without throwing torpedos I decided to have fun with them and simply the mark 15 does not float and goes to the bottom of the sea if it crashes as in the picture, since the type 93 long throw simply does not exceed 5 km / h how can I solve it?

I apologize for bad english.

nPEwOw1.png

3 hours ago, Favilin said:

Earlier you said that NAS was not compatible with the new damage system of the BD armory, I reinstalled the game and the addons (With the Compatible BD with the NAS) ... After a good time without throwing torpedos I decided to have fun with them and simply the mark 15 does not float and goes to the bottom of the sea if it crashes as in the picture, since the type 93 long throw simply does not exceed 5 km / h how can I solve it?

I apologize for bad english.

nPEwOw1.png

This might help

The King George V class are here!     These ships has lots of main batteries  (All the batteries are "356 mm / 14 inch",  She has two quadruple mount and a twin mount)

PWAi02w.png

King George V   close-up

j8FPaMy.png

There's an another alternate variant :   Main guns are replaced by three "381 mm / 16 inch" Triple mount, (As known as Monarch class)
pjgW4bm.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

20 minutes ago, MadmanMorton said:

I know that there are more important things to worry about, but do you think you can fix the torpedo launchers moving around after being disabled?

Moving around? I don't think I've seen related issues, could you please provide more details or maybe a video when it occurs?

53 minutes ago, Acea said:

Moving around? I don't think I've seen related issues, could you please provide more details or maybe a video when it occurs?

I think this is a issue with BDAc in general. Any turret (parts with turret module) that can hold any kind of missile (parts with missilelauncher module) doesn't turn off automatically if the missile is deselected without firing, or if there is more misiles atached to that turret; the turret keep folowing the mouse even if deselected. To reproduce it just launch a vessel with a turret with missiles atached to it, select the missiles in the weapon manager ui and then deselect them and the turret will keep tracking the cursor

Edited by Riurik

@Acea

@Riurik I think it might just be an issue with older turrets. I tested a missile launcher (armed with AMRAAMs) in the latest version BDAc and it worked flawlessly. Frankly, my personal belief is that mods like to screw with everyone. :P

Edited by MadmanMorton

11 hours ago, MadmanMorton said:

@Acea

@Riurik I think it might just be an issue with older turrets. I tested a missile launcher (armed with AMRAAMs) in the latest version BDAc and it worked flawlessly. Frankly, my personal belief is that mods like to screw with everyone. :P

Okay got it, we'd deal with it and it'll be fixed when we get the BDAc 1.1 release.

On 6/19/2017 at 3:37 AM, Violet_Wyvern said:

Drop some pics here....

Hide contents

Eclipse class Destroyer (IJN Mutsuki replica)

un0E3aQ.png
UOw0wtt.png

Hide contents

Blizzard class Destroyer (IJN Fubuki replica)

old5IxB.png

gz2ueSB.png

Hide contents

Slingshot Class light cruiser (USS Atlanta replica)
XcgqVN6.png
kjY27HA.png

Hide contents

Samurai Class heavy cruiser  (IJN Tone replica)
BI4Zqmo.png
ikuW2Kn.png

Hide contents

Red Bull Class light cruiser (HMS Minotaur replica)
dxbSpDZ.png
4e01c8b.png

Hide contents

Empress Class Battleship (HMS Warspite replica)
82vevJR.png
3ggxcKW.png

Reveal hidden contents

Naginata class Torpedo cruiser (IJN Kitakami replica)

n2iEbYJ.png

mrvV5vC.png

Reveal hidden contents

Knight class Battleship (HMS Nelson replica)

4N2TE8m.png

mOYsyi0.png

Hide contents

Cab-lion class Battlecruiser (IJN Kongo replica)

rvCqhO4.png
9yyV9Et.png

Hide contents

Iron-tower class Battleship (IJN Fuso replica)

JKkNWKP.png
AyngetV.png

Reveal hidden contents

Shinobi class heavy cruiser (IJN Zao replica)

4SuS4G7.png
aLRQ0Lv.png

Hide contents

Shogun class Battleship  (IJN Yamato replica)

BwQoYIR.png
heQXwIY.png

It's also has "Space version"...

ZszwonR.png

ur4fbmJ.png

ohkOp32.png

1fC7MAR.png

vCCcItS.png

UWYZjrD.png

do you have the craft file for yamato? :)

On 6/22/2017 at 3:27 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Nice one, I'll be nicer about NAS turrets in conjunction with LBP in future. You must admit though that it makes simulations a little more interesting, the uncertainty of it all I love, and am constantly surprised by the charmed life some craft have, and the desperate misfortune of others

As an aside and related to the above, as i think you should try it out, especially as a lot of your guns can easily out range  normal  BDA limits. Have you tried RBDA? that being fullscale BDA , over the horizon combat for big guns, and much more, it is still experimental, but i have to own up to not running anything else. You can find the required here

would that allow bombardment of KSC from the little island base south of the normal KSC?

and how would you target something that far away? i would think the visuals would stop rendering? (i'm still kinda new to the whole BDarmory thing)

2 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

would that allow bombardment of KSC from the little island base south of the normal KSC?

Not really thats 30 plus km and fantasy land ( and what missiles are for )  ,   i generally run a maximum of 18 for WW2 stuff, but my guns, although the shells go further are not laser accurate so 20km gunfights can take a long while even with 16" guns. You will need to have a good , and suitable radar, don't waste time on anything that's fighter oriented, you want the highest ground clutter number  and least air search you can get ( so closer to one than zero),   as having the island for example , or harbor structures  as a backdrop , or even just being close inshore    will give a fighter radar and one not set up to do the job a hard time holding a lock. it'll see it fine, but locking will be very sketchy.  

Currently in the BDA settings cfg there is a maximum bullet range, universally agreed as a doomed thing.  I believe Acea's larger turrets knock out around 18km max ish also , so  find the max bullet distance and change it to 18000. for the default 8000.  And let the mod makers toys do what they are meant to do

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the majority of main guns don't work? When I try to fire them, they make a gun sound, particle effects cause lag at the ends of the guns while they drain their ammo at ridiculous rates. Nothing comes out like with the working guns (Fort Drum 14", several others).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.