[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

1 hour ago, NationalDenbt said:

catapults?

working on it, who doesn't want a walrus :)

1 hour ago, NationalDenbt said:

I think the sterns could use a little work. They seem to end a little too abruptly and the simple semicircle shape looks a little off.

You're being too kind,  I've gone on record as calling them fig box hulls, they are dooooooooooooomed

sfCISce.jpg

All right everyone! Here comes the 0.6.0 major update!

A lot of changes have been made and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Updatelog 0.6.0 (IMPORTANT) - "Naval Holiday"
* Thanks to TheBeardyPenguin & TAPEGaming on YouTube, for their awesome Fall Of Kerbin series and multiple battle tests in actual game, which greatly helped us improve NAS!
Updated plugins for compatibility with KSP 1.2 (old plugins would still work with new/modified parts if you're running 1.1.x).
Updated to latest C.A.L++.
Tweaked rotating speed of 610 mm Torpedo Launcher.
Tweaked lift settings of unguided rockets.
Tweaked launching speeds and crash tolerances of torpedoes so they can be ejected like real ones.
Tweaked explosion model sizes of cruiser cannon shells.
Tweaked blasting radii of most cannon shells (blasting powers have not been modified) for reality.
Simplified BDA short names of a few turrets.
Reverted some description changes in 0.5.5 due to a font issue in new version.
Renamed the single US 5" gun as 5"/38 cal Mk 12 Naval Gun Mark 30 Turret.
Removed the dummy NAS toolbar icon, ASWeapon folder and ATM config file.
Removed air burst setting of Type 96 25 mm AT/AA Gun Triple Mount rounds.
Reduced blasting radii of depth charges for reality and safety.
Reduced ammo storage of all main/secondary turrets to 20 shots (e.g. 60 rounds for a triple turret), which can be extended with universal ammo box or the new magazine part.
Redistributed source code of ASW.dll in the package.
Provided a complete part list.
Optimized textures and converted all normal maps to DDS format under a new method.
Modified particle texture of Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket and Type 93 Torpedo "Long Lance".
Corrected short name of 3.7 cm SK C/30 Anti-aircraft Gun Dual Mount and Type 96 25 mm AT/AA Gun Triple Mount.
Corrected description and exhausting effect of Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket.
Corrected attaching node and mass center of 12.7 cm/50 cal Type 3 Naval Gun Dual Mount Turret.
Added longer pauses to torpedo launchers after firing the last torpedo, to make sure all torpedoes go towards target straightly.
Added a LoadingTipsPlus configuring file, which included a bunch of custom loading tips.
Added 3 new parts:
 - US Navy: 12"/50 caliber Gun Mark 8 Triple Turret, AN-Mk 1 1,600 lb Armor Piercing Bomb
 - Misc: ETM-1 Universal Extended Naval Magazine

Do the torpedos work now? I've been having issue with them sinking and now moving forwards in the last day since the BDAc update. Gonna do some testing on my own. Just to make sure, does this mod work with the breach mod?

Edit: 1. So I saw a MM .cfg in the hullbreach file for NAS.

2. The torpedos just sit at -2m with 0m/s just slowly rolling.

3. I've only been able to switch to the torpedo once every other time I try my game crashes. Don't know if it's something with the torpedos but I can switch to other missle and craft just fine. If you want I can give you the log if you want.

4. Drop test under required speed and alitude, the slowest of which was at 48m/s and under 10m using the type 91 aerial torpedo.

Edit 2: The MkXII aerial torpedo seem to work fine so it's just the type 91 aerial.

Edited by Vjrcr
After Testing

4 hours ago, Vjrcr said:

Do the torpedos work now? I've been having issue with them sinking and now moving forwards in the last day since the BDAc update. Gonna do some testing on my own. Just to make sure, does this mod work with the breach mod?

Edit: 1. So I saw a MM .cfg in the hullbreach file for NAS.

2. The torpedos just sit at -2m with 0m/s just slowly rolling.

3. I've only been able to switch to the torpedo once every other time I try my game crashes. Don't know if it's something with the torpedos but I can switch to other missle and craft just fine. If you want I can give you the log if you want.

4. Drop test under required speed and alitude, the slowest of which was at 48m/s and under 10m using the type 91 aerial torpedo.

Edit 2: The MkXII aerial torpedo seem to work fine so it's just the type 91 aerial.

Thanks for the feedback I'll test that ASAP and check it out

EDIT: Modify the MissileLauncher section and set cruiseDelay to 0, see if it works

Edited by Acea

On 2016-11-03 at 11:57 PM, Acea said:

Thanks for the feedback I'll test that ASAP and check it out

EDIT: Modify the MissileLauncher section and set cruiseDelay to 0, see if it works

Will try that later, thanks

Edit: Tried that, it did seem to work and the torpedo just sank. I have HullBreach installed and I was woundering if it's the problem since it's patch for NAS is for an old version.

Edited by Vjrcr

On 11/3/2016 at 6:37 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Question: Any 1.2/1.2.1 Compatible boat packs that are good with this?

Large Boat Parts and SM Marine

Spacedock says they are for 1.2 but they work perfectly fine in 1.2.1.

Hull Breach is recommened for the ships to actually sink. Again, this works perfectly fine in 1.2.1.

WASD Editor Camera and Hangar Extender are recommended since these parts are very big.

Vessel Mover is used to move the ships into water. How else would you do it?

Edited by Murican_Jeb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be the last version in 2016 and more contents are on the way in the future.

We listened to responds from community and other friends, and hope you'd like it.

Updatelog 0.6.0.5 (FIX) - "Naval Holiday"
Fixed an issue which made Type 91 Torpedo Mod 2 "Thunder Fish" staying still in water.
Fixed an issue which caused depth charges to explode instantly after being dropped.

On 11/23/2016 at 0:55 AM, hongkai2000 said:

Um, this happens when I launch a torpedo...MhuDid6.png

As you can see, the exhaust particle size is huge.

I experienced that too. I also noticed when you zoom out, the particle stays the same size as if you never zommed out at all. It's really creepy...

On 2016/12/10 at 3:21 AM, Komander Faul said:

M1.jpgcan we add surcof and m class main guns in NAS, please?c0a5f69c7ed11569029d165013b3baca.jpg

i was also wondering if we can add parts on top of the turrets, like aa on the yamato or iowa main guns....Iowa_class__schematic_full.jpg 

AAA on turrets is impossible right now. We're considering a few new parts and it should take a while before you guys get a full list

On 23/11/2016 at 7:55 AM, hongkai2000 said:

As you can see, the exhaust particle size is huge.

On 02/12/2016 at 11:47 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

I experienced that too. I also noticed when you zoom out, the particle stays the same size as if you never zommed out at all. It's really creepy...

This is due to an issue with unity 5 shader changes and code changes in 1.2.x  that affects every mod that used or uses pre U5 shaders or particle effects  The  BDAc team is working to resolve these issues as soon as practicable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Log:

We're on the way to a solution to some of the known bugs, and there should be a fix version after this. Localization is also on the to-do list.

Besides Kerwis is now planning a new project, we can't tell you the details, but a bit of hint should be all right:

1OAsxJK.png

Cheers.

Edited by Acea

The fix version is here now! Currently there seems to be no effective solution to the particle issue, let's see if following BDAc updates would make it go.

Updatelog 0.6.0.6 (FIX) - "Naval Holiday"
Updated plugins for full compatibility with KSP 1.2.2.
Updated to latest C.A.L++.
Fixed a model glitch of Oerlikon 20 mm L70 Cannon Mk 20 Twin Mount.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.