[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

I had an idea that might add a cool dimension. I'm building a heavy cruiser, and it is lacking close in AA firepower.

So I though 40mm gun tubs or something similar would be very cool and handy, though the polys for the 3d model might end up being a bit excessive...

Also, giving 5" guns airburst/flak capability

I had an idea that might add a cool dimension. I'm building a heavy cruiser, and it is lacking close in AA firepower.

So I though 40mm gun tubs or something similar would be very cool and handy, though the polys for the 3d model might end up being a bit excessive...

Also, giving 5" guns airburst/flak capability

It has been decided that AA guns will be in the next major update.

I would love to see a 127mm Oto Melara

EDIT: NVM just installed and i saw that you have it lol

No, that is a 5" US Naval Gun Mounted on the U.S. Destroyers and cruisers. The caliber is different from the Oto Melara 127 mm.

No, that is a 5" US Naval Gun Mounted on the U.S. Destroyers and cruisers. The caliber is different from the Oto Melara 127 mm.

The caliber isnt different 5 inches= 127mm

Also he should get some real audio because it has no boom, it also needs a shell eject effect and a muzzle flash :D

The caliber isnt different 5 inches= 127mm

Also he should get some real audio because it has no boom, it also needs a shell eject effect and a muzzle flash :D

I believe that caliber is different from the size of the gun. I forgot what the formula is to find the caliber and what it does, but it is different from the gun size.

What about that awesome railgun from transformers? :D

http://jacobfoxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Railgun-transformers.jpg

I would love to see a 127mm Oto Melara

EDIT: NVM just installed and i saw that you have it lol

EDIT 2: Would be nice if you got some real audio of the gun take this for example

As I said it's a WW2 expansion, I'm afraid that there'd be no modern naval guns. Well maybe if we decided to make a modern pack lol.

The firing audio used now is from a video about US navy, and it IS real. I don't know why it behaves strange in KSP, perhaps needs some format changes.

Edited by Acea

caliber is how long the barrel is as opposed to the diameter of the gun.

Technically caliber is a measurement of barrel length in lengths equal to the diameter of the projectile.

EG, the 5"/38 caliber gun barrel is 190 inches long, whereas the 16"/51 caliber gun barrels of the Iowas were 816 inches (68 feet) long

Edited by Thatdude253

Technically caliber is a measurement of barrel length in lengths equal to the diameter of the projectile.

EG, the 5"/38 caliber gun is 190 inches long, whereas the 16"/51 caliber guns of the Iowas were 816 inches (68 feet) long

Well I learned something new today.

I have no audio for that gun other than the reloading sound

I've got no idea about this... other members' and mine work just well. Reinstalling it and trying again may help.

Edited by Acea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.