[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

Log:

Vbbsam4.png

After all day long discussions we finally decided to make the hull parts individual. It won't rely on Maritime Pack, but will function somehow like it.

Here we tribute to Fengist, all our group members like his work, and it is indeed a great part pack to make civilian ships. We'll do our best to make our own perfect.

Edited by Acea

Log:

NeFnx7J.png

Modeler Edoaca has been out with families all day, so it was Kerwis and Ladeng who did modeling today.

We've decided sizes of all hull parts, and made a brand new model for 38cm SK/C34. It works perfectly.

I'm not sure if we could finish the new mod before we go back to our own affairs, due to the amount of all those parts. We'll finish it though.

Edit:

I made the flag of Kerbin Navy:) This will be included in that heavily WIP hull pack, temporarily named as WDS.

image.php?type=sigpic&userid=101538&dateline=1443805081

Edited by Acea

Are you going to make smaller destroyer/submarine deck guns like the 4" 50 or the 88mm?

Maybe who knows. In fact a QF 4.5" from Royal Navy is already complete, ready to release after next C.A.L update.

Log:

0gKgOCP.jpg

VLS silos in development. We have achieved great progress today.

It seems that this project can be finished in time, we just need to cooperate and communicate with each other better.

Log:

http://i.imgur.com/0gKgOCP.jpg

It seems that this project can be finished in time, we just need to cooperate and communicate with each other better.

*DROOL*

The VLS tubes imaged though are missing the blast-vent channels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_launching_system#/media/File:VLS_MK41_Missile_Launch.gif

Log:

http://i.imgur.com/0gKgOCP.jpg

Practical question: how will the VLS cells operate independently when launching missiles? In other words, say its tied into the weapons manager (not to say it is, I'm just spitballing here), how, or will, it not simply open all tubes when one is launched?

Practical question: how will the VLS cells operate independently when launching missiles? In other words, say its tied into the weapons manager (not to say it is, I'm just spitballing here), how, or will, it not simply open all tubes when one is launched?

They simply open and close together, no such complex mechanics and actions.

Log:

fEEW62G.png

Testing VLS, with RIM-162 from P.E.W by LORDPrometheus.

Animation works well, but the cells seem too shallow in this part, you'll need a size larger than realistic US destroyers to actually fit an RIM-174 in. Since it'll take some time to make a new one, a version with deeper cells would come later.

But can the RIM-162s be quad packed?

You can use action groups or ask Prometheus. I'm just making a silo to fit these in, not making these stuffs work better or more efficiently.

Log:

Our progress slows down. It has been a hard day to me, as I was balancing the modular armor plates in game.

That's not easy, due to the heat damage codes of BDArmory, which predicts that with no ablation, a target being hit by a 46 cm round at zero distance without penetration would experience a rising temperature of 47450 K... Anything behind that would be totally vaporized in real world, just like being hit by a nuke.

After all we'll deal with it in Kerbalalike ways.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the dimensions of the cell?

Original size of the cell, limited by size of basic blocks, is 0.725*0.725*2.45, and can be scaled up to 4x.

We'll surely make a deeper and more integrated VLS block in a later version, but now all of us are trying to fight against BDArmory damage rules.

Edited by Acea

You felt my mod was worth putting a link in for? Thanks :sticktongue: This has put me in the mood to actually try and put some time aside for it.

In fact I've been planning carrier parts for a long time and this pack will be absolutely helpful:)

Log:

fxtg03e.png

Yesterday Ladeng went to school, and I was helping another modding group with their modern naval guns. The next NAS update will come to the surface in a day or two, and here's a preview above.

For that hull part pack, we agreed to halt it up until 1.0.5 release, since NathanKell's work on thermal tweaks may influence defending effects.

Edited by Acea

Log:

http://i.imgur.com/fxtg03e.png

Yesterday Ladeng went to school, and I was helping another modding group with their modern naval guns. The next NAS update will come to the surface in a day or two, and here's a preview above.

For that hull part pack, we agreed to halt it up until 1.0.5 release, since NathanKell's work on thermal tweaks may influence defending effects.

Dammit, we need the guard to be able to use multiple types of weapons at once....gosh darn it Baha! Sweet 25mm triple btw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.