[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

That's kind of weird because none of these troubles happen to me, right now. I'm using the same version downloaded from KerbalStuff.

I've checked my Ammo.cfg in CAL, modified on Oct 5th, which has clearly defined 37mmFlaKAmmo. My 3.7cm FlaK works as well.

Also weights of turrets, especially the very Type 94, are reasonable. I can say that because my platform, the exact one I used to test 38cm guns, floats just fine:

http://i.imgur.com/5mMXYPT.png

I haven't even tweaked the size (3x) and despite some wobbling, it stays on the surface nicely, with Better Buoyancy.

Oh @&$! I forgot to make that ammo def change for cal for the density but it is defined

Log:

Ladeng has got his mouse repaired and we can start updating NAS.

There's a lot of stuff to deal with, power of different weapons, balance between Allies and Axis, following new weapons and new calibers, etc.

Log:

pXQzU5s.png

Nothing really special today, our update is going on normally.

Poll result so far is a little out of my prediction, but we'll see until the very end.

- - - Updated - - -

There'll be no new caliber weapon in 0.2.5 release

Edited by Acea

Both and I'm looking into codes of radar module

WWII radars are not so powerful, and not many have accurate data so we have to carefully balance them

Edited by Acea

So it turns out I'm just not very good with ships is the problem. Could probably mount another turret on there no problem, then attach a few nukes for good measure.

Oh, and add a runway and MRLS on the top, because WHY NOT? There's plenty of room!:D

y92qvCl.png

It works! It's just very, very heavy. And you can't use the MRLS in flight. And I wouldn't recommend dropping the Tsar's, or this will happen:

QOWiEP3.png

Sure, just give me a place to put it on, or an email address in a PM. I need to do some refining on it tomorrow, anyway as, upon further consideration, if one Tsar didn't work, then I don't know how six Tsars and two battleship turrets will help. And gaining altitude is too slow. Then there's that occasional death spiral...

But it flies if you're gentle, and that's what counts, right?

... maybe needs some AAA emplacements.... perhaps remove a turret and install a larger missile battery... a couple of SCUDs would fit...

So many possibilities...

Sure, just give me a place to put it on, or an email address in a PM. I need to do some refining on it tomorrow, anyway as, upon further consideration, if one Tsar didn't work, then I don't know how six Tsars and two battleship turrets will help. And gaining altitude is too slow. Then there's that occasional death spiral...

But it flies if you're gentle, and that's what counts, right?

... maybe needs some AAA emplacements.... perhaps remove a turret and install a larger missile battery... a couple of SCUDs would fit...

So many possibilities...

Just do what I do - make a dropbox (it's free!) and post a link.

- - - Updated - - -

so I know the torpedo problem but we want some craft files made with maritime,tweakscale and NAS since I can't design.

Once I get back home I can post my fleet.

1 standard, multi-use light frigate
1 aa-defense light frigate
1 destroyer (NEEDS TORPS)
1 light cruiser

- - - Updated - - -

I have an imgur album with pics of some, link in my sig.

so I know the torpedo problem but we want some craft files made with maritime,tweakscale and NAS since I can't design.

Is it a problem if they fly/drop ships like bombs? Because my next aircraft is going to be an aircraft carrier carrier aircraft. It's the logical next step from the other aircraft I've shown.

Log:

Unfortunately Ladeng got a cold after getting caught in the rain, and modelling had to pause. Let's hope it all goes on well soon.

About craft files, since we're still going on working on hull parts, and don't want to do the same work again after release, I'd suggest to look for others' works.

Two aircraft. Well, I call them aircraft. They outweigh any real life plane by about 3,000-6,000 tons. So you'll probably want hangar extender and the joint reinforcement mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lp22dkx85gol0x/Alageis%20Skyfortress.craft?dl=0

It's the one pictured, but modified to not use any other weapons packs or mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm5dnvzqz6yu1it/Maximallian%20Colossus.craft?dl=0

Switch to rocket mode, pull all the way back. I can't be bothered to fix the bombs, so if you need to deploy a fleet somewhere by air, feel free to replace them with your own ships.

Yup...

Any... any requests? I can make a normal ship. A flying normal ship. That's easier for me than making a floating normal ship.

Log:

9G7G9IC.png

It's an early log today. Next update would come around this weekend, and a bunch of current affairs are on the way to complete.

PS: No new caliber weapon does't equal no new weapon:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.