[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

Log:

Updatelog of 0.2.5, at this point, has reached about twice as long as 0.2.0's.

Maybe this should be 0.3.0:P Anyway version number won't change and I'll see if the length would continue increasing before release.

submarines? we need someone doing torps now or i will murder dem

That has been proven almost impossible now and I'm not willing to spend too much time on something without clear result

Edited by Acea

Log:

The poll is over now and I'm not quite surprised with most of the results (except poor Italy lol).

We'll adjust our future plan slightly, referring to all your advices.

Edit: All right we'll still add Italian weapons in. Here should be their place, and they're quite unique after all.

Edited by Acea

Log:

Final work will be done in a day or two, and after that we'll have 0.2.5 released. It won't be an easy job and we should do our best.

Well, are there anyone playing Kancolle here? (Of course no one does lol)

Ok I'd admit that I'm a Kancolle player. Or admiral, teitoku, whatever you like.

Alright, I've got a few reports:

- The models on the "caged" guns (e. g., the Flak varints, the Oto Melara, 25mm, everything that isn't fully enclosed except for the dual-mount .50 cal) are gorgeous, but they're so high-poly that the game has a noticeable lag between you clicking on the part in the SPH and it actually being selected for placement. These guys need fewer polys.... =/

-You folks have a cruiser gap! You've got plenty of 5" guns and more than enough of anything over 10", but you've got basically nothing to arm cruisers with. I mean, sure, they're practically useless in modern warfare, but they really played a key part in WWII. And, given the volume of fire that Russian CIWS puts out, I'll betcha gun cruisers might come in handy for hunting ships that have flushed their racks... I suggest you make a triple(or dual)-mount 6" Mark 16 turret, and a triple eight-inch mount, also possibly in double or single variants.

-The 4.5 inch British gun doesn't have an obvious ammo type. I am confused.

Other than that, excellent work!

Alright, I've got a few reports:

- The models on the "caged" guns (e. g., the Flak varints, the Oto Melara, 25mm, everything that isn't fully enclosed except for the dual-mount .50 cal) are gorgeous, but they're so high-poly that the game has a noticeable lag between you clicking on the part in the SPH and it actually being selected for placement. These guys need fewer polys.... =/

-You folks have a cruiser gap! You've got plenty of 5" guns and more than enough of anything over 10", but you've got basically nothing to arm cruisers with. I mean, sure, they're practically useless in modern warfare, but they really played a key part in WWII. And, given the volume of fire that Russian CIWS puts out, I'll betcha gun cruisers might come in handy for hunting ships that have flushed their racks... I suggest you make a triple(or dual)-mount 6" Mark 16 turret, and a triple eight-inch mount, also possibly in double or single variants.

-The 4.5 inch British gun doesn't have an obvious ammo type. I am confused.

Other than that, excellent work!

Those are almost all on our "to-be-finished" list. We'll deal with those over-detailed models later, and more cruiser guns would come in 0.3.0 (which may be after KSP 1.1).

But I got confused too. We have 4p5inchQFShells defined specially for the QF 4.5 inch, and it works fine during our tests. What exactly do you mean by mentioning it "doesn't have an obvious ammo type"?

Those are almost all on our "to-be-finished" list. We'll deal with those over-detailed models later, and more cruiser guns would come in 0.3.0 (which may be after KSP 1.1).

But I got confused too. We have 4p5inchQFShells defined specially for the QF 4.5 inch, and it works fine during our tests. What exactly do you mean by mentioning it "doesn't have an obvious ammo type"?

No boxes, no self-contained ammo. Same problem here.

No boxes, no self-contained ammo. Same problem here.

SbKp5fa.png

HSzKBJh.png

I can't see any reason... this gun mount works just fine on my KSP copy. I'll look into that if neither reinstalling nor next update solves the problem.

Log:

m62xeHf.png

MOOOOOOOOOOAR 5"

Ok in fact I think we have already made too many 5 inch guns and it's time to stop. According to the poll result we're now adding more items from US Navy.

As for recent reports such as "nothing works" or "no obvious ammo" or something, I'd say that we will try to repeat your bug, and bugs we can't repeat will be ignored or put into a preserved archive. We can't always tell what goes wrong without being able to copy your environment completely.

Remember that restarting and reinstalling can solve most KSP problems, and if they can't, wait for an update please.

As for recent reports such as "nothing works" or "no obvious ammo" or something, I'd say that we will try to repeat your bug, and bugs we can't repeat will be ignored or put into a preserved archive. We can't always tell what goes wrong without being able to copy your environment completely.

Remember that restarting and reinstalling can solve most KSP problems, and if they can't, wait for an update please.

I'll try reinstalling the mod.

On another note, any chance you could make rocket pods that look like torpedo launchers? It would not be totally accurate, but it might kinda​ work.

On another note, any chance you could make rocket pods that look like torpedo launchers? It would not be totally accurate, but it might kinda​ work.

We've tried. About a month ago, and it turned out that rockets simply sank and exploded after flying for a few seconds.

We've tried. About a month ago, and it turned out that rockets simply sank and exploded after flying for a few seconds.

Is there any way to make it so a missile is not, strictly speaking, 'guided', but just flies straight? Then you could use the cruise missile module, and have it skim just above the surface....

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the dual mount looks really nice!

Log:

Ladeng and Kerwis were both working on presentations yesterday. But radar models are quite simple and I guess it won't be delayed too much

Is there any way to make it so a missile is not, strictly speaking, 'guided', but just flies straight? Then you could use the cruise missile module, and have it skim just above the surface....

Torpedoes hovering on the surface oh man:confused:

Basically we won't consider those before there comes a solution to the water. I don't quite like a compromised way in fact

Log:

Ladeng and Kerwis were both working on presentations yesterday. But radar models are quite simple and I guess it won't be delayed too much

Torpedoes hovering on the surface oh man:confused:

Basically we won't consider those before there comes a solution to the water. I don't quite like a compromised way in fact

torpedos are just so tricky one idea would be if you could have the collision mesh above the water but the visible model below it. That would also help make hitting the ships easier. not sure how that could be done though

torpedos are just so tricky one idea would be if you could have the collision mesh above the water but the visible model below it. That would also help make hitting the ships easier. not sure how that could be done though

Yeah.....do that, and use the cruise missile module to keep it at a set altitude.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.