[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

Guys I've got a problem. Since the BDA and NAS update all WW2W vessels seem untouchable. Two frigates firing at each other for 30 minutes and doing nothing to the hull or deck. Are you sure the new damage formula is correct? I don't really like the idea of testing and adapting almost 100 parts, taking several days to balance.

I invite you to test it yourself.

18 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Guys I've got a problem. Since the BDA and NAS update all WW2W vessels seem untouchable. Two frigates firing at each other for 30 minutes and doing nothing to the hull or deck. Are you sure the new damage formula is correct? I don't really like the idea of testing and adapting almost 100 parts, taking several days to balance.

I invite you to test it yourself.

The truth is that latest BDA updates nerfed cannons greatly.

With no actual colliding damage and new damage calculations, cannons are not any longer as powerful as they once were, and the only thing I could do was balancing exploding damages to the level they used to be.

Those formulas are calculated through vanilla BDA data, only related to bursting charge and I can do nothing to the lack of projectile collision.

9 minutes ago, Acea said:

The truth is that latest BDA updates nerfed cannons greatly.

With no actual colliding damage and new damage calculations, cannons are not any longer as powerful as they once were, and the only thing I could do was balancing exploding damages to the level they used to be.

Those formulas are calculated through vanilla BDA data, only related to bursting charge and I can do nothing to the lack of projectile collision.

I see ... and BDA is mainly configured for damaging stock parts. Alright, that's going to take some time then.

1 minute ago, Azimech said:

I see ... and BDA is mainly configured for damaging stock parts. Alright, that's going to take some time then.

I'd suggest you to backup current data in case Baha decides to have cannon ball collision back

1 hour ago, Acea said:

I'd suggest you to backup current data in case Baha decides to have cannon ball collision back

Actually I'm already quite far with adapting the files right now, not as much work as I first thought. I wonder why he decided to do this in the first place ... I'd say do more with projectile damage and less with high explosive.

Sorry I couldn't reply, I hate school.

Great job working on the update, and thanks for implementing my effects! If you want I may also get to work on explosion effects for the shells themselves hitting things.

Also thank you so much for being patient with me, I am a bit slow because school

5 hours ago, harpwner said:

Great job working on the update, and thanks for implementing my effects! If you want I may also get to work on explosion effects for the shells themselves hitting things.

Also thank you so much for being patient with me, I am a bit slow because school

A torpedo explosion effect, like a white column of water, would be sweet and there's no hurry. 

Thank you again for your great works.

Edited by Acea

15 minutes ago, Acea said:

A torpedo explosion effect, like a white column of water, would be sweet and there's no hurry. 

Thank you again for your great works.

didja think I would stop there? heck naw

If I'm doing explosions for the guns, I'm going all out ;)

11 hours ago, harpwner said:

Please explain how to add fire effects such as smoke and muzzle flash to weapons. I am trying to add it to a few weapons in Master Tech Weapons and can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for your help!

Are there any plans or ideas for things like splashes when shells hit the water? That would be really cool! I also have a suggestion for two big gun turrets: the ones on the HMS Hood, and the interesting quadruple turrets aboard the King George V battleship and maybe the dual turret with it too, since I plan on releasing a 75th Anniversary pack for the Battle Of The Denmark Strait.

2 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Are there any plans or ideas for things like splashes when shells hit the water? That would be really cool! I also have a suggestion for two big gun turrets: the ones on the HMS Hood, and the interesting quadruple turrets aboard the King George V battleship and maybe the dual turret with it too, since I plan on releasing a 75th Anniversary pack for the Battle Of The Denmark Strait.

KGV quadruple on the list and that's all

Since there is no mod with glass panes in it that doesnt need a specific hull texture (or colour) behind it (at least i dont know any),would you, team kerwis do that? maybe you could use the mirroring effect by fasa? also could you (maybe in cooperation with baha) add an option in the guard menu for ships?

Edited by Noellen
Typo

5 hours ago, Noellen said:

Tryed it a dozend times doesnt work also i mean only look alike parts for ships without interior, only crew pods.

There's no plan for ship bridges in NAS and I don't know if Baha is interested in ship AI

20 hours ago, Acea said:

There's no plan for ship bridges in NAS and I don't know if Baha is interested in ship AI

1.im sorry i ment just the glass panes since the alternativ (solarpannels, various other mods) are to small for ships or simply doesnt fit with a ship hull. So what i am saying that you guys are the only developers that have a mod where these would really fit with the parts in it.

2.just an idea since the AI is highly WIP and for now, do work. But with every update it could be that we (nas-fans) no longer have enemie ships to fight against. It would be a way for baha to fix that before it happens.

Edited by Noellen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.