[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

Log:

0fnlYji.png

More contents in 0.4.0. Torpedoes currently don't have their own guidance mode so I'll apply a temporary solution.

BTW I tried to ddsify normal maps and failed again so they'd stay the way they are

Could we please have some aircraft torps.  (Brrrrrritish 1800 something lb torp  one of the 'Murica 2000 Something lb torps a japanese one and a an german/italian one)  

Ps... the new torp model dosent seem to 'fit' in the KSP style.

21 minutes ago, Rath said:

Could we please have some aircraft torps.  (Brrrrrritish 1800 something lb torp  one of the 'Murica 2000 Something lb torps a japanese one and a an german/italian one)  

Ps... the new torp model dosent seem to 'fit' in the KSP style.

Yeah they don't fit, to be exact, almost no NAS weapon really fits the actual KSP style.

We tried to make them look historical and realistic, instead of being stockalike, which was our original goal.

As for aircraft torps they're on the schedule, we've been planning an update focusing on carrier aircrafts and their payloads for some time.

Log:

el2xgci.png

Some stuff being tested. As this has proven to be working there'll be a great change to C.A.L.

This is not something about NAS exactly, but it affects a lot.

Edited by Acea

Speaking of torpedoes, I keep having issues with the long-lance torps detonating on contact with the water.

Not sure where the issue is (using a normal 610mm launcher with the appropriate torpedoes) but having my ship cut in half whenever I try to launch is... problematic.

Anyone else getting this?

1 hour ago, The Error said:

Speaking of torpedoes, I keep having issues with the long-lance torps detonating on contact with the water.

Not sure where the issue is (using a normal 610mm launcher with the appropriate torpedoes) but having my ship cut in half whenever I try to launch is... problematic.

Anyone else getting this?

That's weird since I've never seen such situations when we launch one without hitting ship edges

23 hours ago, Acea said:

That's weird since I've never seen such situations when we launch one without hitting ship edges

More testing indicates ship's speed is irrelevant; as soon as the torpedo hits the water (regardless of drop time delay) it goes bang.

Might try air-drops next, but... I'unno. Maybe a conflict with another mod.

EDIT: If fired subsurface, torp will either launch, float to normal depth, and cruise away at a blistering 7m/s or so. Or it might pop up to the surface and explode anyways.

Wierd.

Edited by The Error

On 3/5/2016 at 8:28 AM, Acea said:

Log:

ycXMQXw.png

Modelers did a great job... but expect it to lag like Bofors or even more. We're trying our best to optimize it.

When it comes to lag with the Bofors, the only issue that I have is when placing one. No lag when running them, or after they're placed

Log:

We're running into a problem that KGV turret has one of all 4 barrels disappeared. We'll try to fix it but if things don't go on well, that turret would be delayed and put into the next version after.

Log:

WASkv5A.png

We're rushing to get everything new into working conditions.

If nothing serious goes wrong you guys would see them this weekend, or you may need to wait for a couple more weeks.

Sorry that I'll be quite busy after this for more than half a year and it'll be more difficult to publish a log regularly, but we'll keep it running.

P.S. I've made a new logo for C.A.L/C.A.L++ and check it out

9BJjKDS.png

Updatelog 0.4.0 (IMPORTANT) - "Atlantic Epic"
Updated C.A.L++ to 0.1.0 (with all existing ammo boxes deprecated).
Slightly improved anti-aircraft weapon muzzle fire effects.
Removed the old fake Mark 14 torpedo launcher.
Redistributed the Firespitter plugin by Snjo for the new universal ammo box in C.A.L++.
Redid model of 20.3 cm SK/C 34.
Most light anti-aircraft guns now contain their own ammunitions. (Amounts may vary)
Fixed an issue that some bombs bounce on the water surface.
Changed guidance mode of Fritz X to beam riding.
Applied a temporary buoyancy to torpedoes before we have a specific guidance.
Added 8 new parts:
 - Kriegsmarine: 10.5 cm SK C/33 Naval Gun
 - Les Forces Navales Francaises Libres (Free French Naval Forces): Canon de 138 mm Modèle 1934 Twin Turret
 - Regia Marina: Cannone da 381/50 Ansaldo M1934, 90 mm/50 (3.5") Ansaldo Model 1938, Cannone-Mitragliera da 37/54 (Breda) Model 1932
 - Royal Navy: BL 14 inch Mk VII Naval Gun Quadruple Mount, QF 2-pounder "Pom-pom" Mark VIA Mount
 - US Navy: Mark 15 Torpedo (launcher would come in next patch due to some issues)

Edited by Acea

Excellent! Going to test it now!

Suggestion ... AA guns having their own ammo makes sense ... for turrets I'm requesting a shift to ammo-less and having the ammo in the magazines exclusively. This way shipbuilders have to think about where to place them and keep them protected (in case the NANA patch works with exploding magazines).

Edited by Azimech

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Excellent! Going to test it now!

Suggestion ... AA guns having their own ammo makes sense ... for turrets I'm requesting a shift to ammo-less and having the ammo in the magazines exclusively. This way shipbuilders have to think about where to place them and keep them protected (in case the NANA patch works with exploding magazines).

Flow mode of existing warship ammos doesn't look friendly to this mode currently and I'm not quite willing to add more parts to ships which already have so many.

Also I'd be quite busy for about half a year for some personal reason, and it's time to look for someone else to take over C.A.L. NAS would be developed and updated as normal, but part of our plan has to be cancelled or changed.

26 minutes ago, Acea said:

Flow mode of existing warship ammos doesn't look friendly to this mode currently and I'm not quite willing to add more parts to ships which already have so many.

Also I'd be quite busy for about half a year for some personal reason, and it's time to look for someone else to take over C.A.L. NAS would be developed and updated as normal, but part of our plan has to be cancelled or changed.

Sorry to hear you'll be busy like that.

Flow mode is something to be solved, and it would only be one big box every big turret, part count hardly suffers this way.

I know you are more focused on the ship guns and such weaponry  but, I was wondering about tank guns. I know BD armory contains a 105mm and Abrams turret and there are other mod addons. It seems the 105mm doesn't do anything to the tanks I create, machineguns seem more effective. So my question is if you could make a BD addon with tank guns with better damage, smoke launchers, port guns, and Anti aircraft guns on tanks, i.e .50cal on Sherman tanks. I ask you since the Ship guns and Anti aircraft guns you make are very effective. Sorry if this is offtopic I just think you are a good choice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.