[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

Log:

16Ob7CJ.png

We've been thinking about how we can perform at the end of this project, and now it's time to reveal.

Still under tests and lack of effects, but it flies normally. Further tests are in progress.

7 hours ago, Acea said:

Log:

16Ob7CJ.png

We've been thinking about how we can perform at the end of this project, and now it's time to reveal.

Still under tests and lack of effects, but it flies normally. Further tests are in progress.

Gib. :D

Might I suggest some naval aircraft from other nations as well?

• RAF/Fleet Air Arm: Seafire F. XV
  • US Navy: F4U-4 Corsair
  • German Navy: Bf 109T-2
  • French Navy: F8F-1 Bearcat

39 minutes ago, MightyDarkStar said:

Gib. :D

Might I suggest some naval aircraft from other nations as well?

• RAF/Fleet Air Arm: Seafire F. XV
  • US Navy: F4U-4 Corsair
  • German Navy: Bf 109T-2
  • French Navy: F8F-1 Bearcat

Corsair? No way man! US Navy didn't want it because it was lousy for carrier operations. Wildcat & Hellcat. And the Bearcat is post WW2 ;-)

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

Corsair? No way man! US Navy didn't want it because it was lousy for carrier operations. Wildcat & Hellcat. And the Bearcat is post WW2 ;-)

I understand that the US Navy had problems with the thing because its pilots hadn't experienced and aircraft with such a low wing, and crashes were damn common. In fact, the Hellcat would be a better suggestion.

What does that leave the French with, though? I think they used Seafire F. IIIs, but the UK would probably already have a Seafire F. XV as their naval fighter...

5 hours ago, MightyDarkStar said:

I understand that the US Navy had problems with the thing because its pilots hadn't experienced and aircraft with such a low wing, and crashes were damn common. In fact, the Hellcat would be a better suggestion.

What does that leave the French with, though? I think they used Seafire F. IIIs, but the UK would probably already have a Seafire F. XV as their naval fighter...

We are planning carrier-based aircrafts that actually got onto ships and involved in operations, so no more Messerschmitt or American-French fighters.

Seafire seems reasonable and we'll take that into consideration.

Log:

1pp55JN.png

Everything goes on quite fine, except the fact that I'm dealing with a BUNCH of work myself

6 hours ago, Thatdude253 said:

What are odds of these being part-light?

Perhaps some texture issue, nothing serious

Edited by Acea

18 hours ago, Acea said:

Seafire seems reasonable and we'll take that into consideration.

Excellent, most excellent indeed :cool:.

As suggested before, I think the Seafire F. XV would be the best choice - both aesthetically and functionally. If we ever do get that aircraft, I think this would be a great camouflage to follow (preferably without the serial number and the K):

Spoiler

seafire-mk-xv_1.jpg

That is in fact the only airworthy example of the XV remaining.

I would also think that the F6F is the best choice for the USN.

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Is it possible to be able to select separate yaw limits left and right of centre? To prevent things like this happening;

yMWWgAC.jpg

Not likely but you can point guns to hull sides and adjust yaw ranges in VAB/SPH to prevent this from happening

Edited by Acea

9 hours ago, Acea said:

Not likely but you can point guns to hull sides and adjust yaw ranges in VAB/SPH to prevent this from happening

I meant so I can place the turrets facing forward, in line with the ship and only rotate to one side for example

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

I meant so I can place the turrets facing forward, in line with the ship and only rotate to one side for example

That is not currently possible as far as I know, but the solution that was given does solve the problem and as the broadside guns would usually be used to fire on targets to either side of the ship it actually allows for faster aiming on the target. Using broadside guns as broadside guns also makes it look a lot better and can give more firepower (you don't have one gun pointing into the back of another, so all will fire.)

Updatelog:

Here's the missing torpedo launcher! And some more changes formed the 0.4.0.5 version.

Changelog 0.4.0.5 (HOTFIX) - "Atlantic Epic"
Tweaked tracer effects of all small caliber anti-aircraft weapons.
Applied better air detonation effects to different forces.
Added 1 new part:
 - US Navy: Mark 14 Torpedo Tubes Quintuple Mount

7 hours ago, Acea said:

Updatelog:

Here's the missing torpedo launcher! And some more changes formed the 0.4.0.5 version.

Changelog 0.4.0.5 (HOTFIX) - "Atlantic Epic"
Tweaked tracer effects of all small caliber anti-aircraft weapons.
Applied better air detonation effects to different forces.
Added 1 new part:
 - US Navy: Mark 14 Torpedo Tubes Quintuple Mount

The US torpedoes don't float. They sink to the seabed.

Log:

We're doing some programming work while waiting for KSP 1.1, preparing for a whole new Kerbal world to come.

Output won't come very soon but we are confident that it'll be useful to several missing pieces of the NAS puzzle.

18 hours ago, Thingymajigy said:

For a suggestion, I was thinking the 12 inch gun from the Alaska class, to maybe bridge the gap between some of the other stuff.

We'd consider that after current tasks but don't expect it too soon

Log:

Going to test BDArmory and the whole buoyancy system under 1.1 pre-release later. We'd finish all our goals despite the fact that I have no easy access to Internet currently.

Log:

WTQ27G7.png

It's time to look forward and we're heading towards modern warfare.

WW2 naval battles are exciting, but they are historical and what we want to see is a totally new way to engage enemies in the ocean.

So in the next version, 0.4.1 "Combined Action", we'll do something significant and modernized to change this pack forever.

Never mind and happy April Fool's Day:P

Edited by Acea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.