[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

I know you mostly do WWII era naval weapons but here is an idea.
Radar guided torpedos (yes i know in real life its sonar but for BDA its radar)

Basically just take your long lance torpedo design and add a radar guiding system to it.

Log:

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I know you mostly do WWII era naval weapons but here is an idea.
Radar guided torpedos (yes i know in real life its sonar but for BDA its radar)

Basically just take your long lance torpedo design and add a radar guiding system to it.

We're doing something related to this suggestion, but not exactly.

I'm recently busy myself and can't provide much more information, we'd announce once it comes to a working stage.

On 4/4/2016 at 10:42 PM, Laythe2 said:

Dumping some pics

Those are the new hulls right? So is NAS still pretty much compatible with 1.1?

Also just wanted mention that for some reason the cruiser platforms hover over the hull segments

9 hours ago, doxlulzem said:

I've tested on 1.1 dev and it works well with the third-party compatible BDArmory plugin.

11 hours ago, Acea said:

I've tested on 1.1 dev and it works well with the third-party compatible BDArmory plugin.

I've never heard of this plugin before? Is it a separate thing or part of BDArmoury?

48 minutes ago, doxlulzem said:

I've never heard of this plugin before? Is it a separate thing or part of BDArmoury?

Check the last few pages of BDArmory thread

On 4/8/2016 at 11:11 AM, doxlulzem said:

Also just wanted mention that for some reason the cruiser platforms hover over the hull segments

Yes those are new. Not the final versions though. And the offset on the cruiser platforms is a config error. I copied the config from the battleship platforms and forgot to change the node_attach to 1 instead of 2

Also the new bombs are great. but i think you set the resistances on them to high. They explode but don't delete themselves. Also I had an issue with the "dish" radar teleporting to the bottom of the ship on launch. Idk if you recently fixed this.

7 hours ago, Laythe2 said:

Also the new bombs are great. but i think you set the resistances on them to high. They explode but don't delete themselves. Also I had an issue with the "dish" radar teleporting to the bottom of the ship on launch. Idk if you recently fixed this.

Both are known issues.

The bomb will be tweaked in the next update, and for the radar you need some structural supports under the base, to prevent the dish from touching other parts. We may take some time to modify the model, but not now.

14 hours ago, Zarrok1138 said:

Okay, I used to have this mod working. But I wanted to make my game more stable. After so many problems I've gone back to basics. I have BDarmory and NAS installed and it won't load the spaceplane hanger.

Are you using 1.1 pre-release? If that's true see my posts above

u2tazCu.png

Updatelog 0.4.5 (IMPORTANT) - "Wolves Underneath"
Slightly optimized normal map of 40 cm (46 cm)/45 Type 94 Naval Gun Triple Mount.
Merged latest version of AntiSubmarineWeapons by our member GeorgeDuty and all its functions into this release. Updates of that plugin can be found in its own thread.
Disabled barrage mode of all slow-firing weapons and weapons with 2+ barrels.
Applied AntiSubmarineWeapons support to all existing torpedoes. Now they can have a fixed cruising depth and are able to detonate automatically when going too deep.
Adjusted parameters of existing torpedoes and bombs.
Added 2 new parts:
 - Imperial Japanese Navy: Type 3 Depth Charge
 - US Navy: Depth Charge Mark IX Mod 2

Edited by Acea

Log:

Still having no easy access to network though, we're looking forward to all new features KSP 1.1 and compatible BDArmory will provide.

Plugin seems working well and programmer GeorgeDuty is now working on updating it to work under 1.1.

Log:

All right I've never thought it'd be so quick...

Due to the known situations above and my own personal causes it'll be several days before I really get to use 1.1. Let's look forward to a BDArmory udate.

Log:

As new version of BDArmory works great it's now only a matter of our own plugin.

We'll push a fixing update once GeorgeDuty has time to get it done, and more new stuff's not far on the way.

10 hours ago, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

Great fan of your work~! your weapons are impressive, well detailed, and very functional~! keep up the good work o/~!

Also, if you don't mind, I have a idea for a new weapon :3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_cm_SK_C/25

Thx and we may take that into consideration, but don't expect it since we already have two 152/155 mm turrets.

13 hours ago, Acea said:

Thx and we may take that into consideration, but don't expect it since we already have two 152/155 mm turrets.

I have various other ideas~! 

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNRussian_71-57_m1932.htm

A 180mm gun would make for a fantastic medium sized cruiser weapon, and would be a good balance between 152mm/155mms, and 203mms. 

27 minutes ago, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

I have various other ideas~! 

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNRussian_71-57_m1932.htm

A 180mm gun would make for a fantastic medium sized cruiser weapon, and would be a good balance between 152mm/155mms, and 203mms. 

That one's exactly in our plan and will come with 0.5.0

Log:

qnF9no0.png

InkhEqY.png

Ot8UpSO.png

iz2RHgg.png

I'm recently enjoying the new 1.1/1.1.1 game with NAS and all other mods I need to build an entire fleet.

Ship waves are after effects and the zero is still under development and tweaks, it's only a test in actual game.

EDIT: Updatelog 0.4.5.5 (FIX) - "Wolves Underneath"
Updated C.A.L++ to 0.1.5.
Updated all dependant plugins to KSP 1.1 compatible versions.
Unified color of 5"/38 cal Mk 12 Naval Gun Single Mount with all other US navy weapons.
Tweaked torpedo particle effects.
Tweaked auto proximity range of AA and DP guns.
Tags (still under heavy tweaks) are added to all parts.
Slightly tweaked cruising speed of Mark 15 torpedo.
Radars are now in their realistic sizes (which we should have adjusted long ago).
No longer redistributing Part Icon Fixer.

EDIT 2: Sry I accidentally packed sound files of Firespitter in, delete them as you like if you don't play with propellers.

Edited by Acea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.