[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

39 minutes ago, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

Beautiful force you have created~! It makes me wish for a fleet mod that allows warships in large numbers to fight it out on the open seas. 

good job :) 

Question, Will the sound files affect a game with the Firespitter files/mod already in? 

Yes if you play with Firespitter parts

4 hours ago, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

Thank you~! I'll make sure to remove the files when I update~! 

Another question, what Mod do you use for the water, and how much of a impact does it have on performance? 

Scatterer which you can see on the first page of addon dev forum.

I'm not quite sure how it exactly affects game performance and you may try it and decide whether it's acceptable or not

Edited by Acea

Btw, I can't vote on the poll again, but it would be super awesome if you could divert some attention to hull parts. So far we have awesome weapons but very basic models of hulls, from that large boat pack.

3 hours ago, sashan said:

Btw, I can't vote on the poll again, but it would be super awesome if you could divert some attention to hull parts. So far we have awesome weapons but very basic models of hulls, from that large boat pack.

Large Boat Parts Pack performs well IMO, which provides modular constructing feature while keeping itself slim enough. At least I like it.

We may look into that though, but not now. We all have a list of new stuff to fill now and seems that it'll take quite a while before we really have time to consider additional plans.

7 hours ago, sashan said:

A long, and sleek bow like what was seen on the Iowa class would be nice to have, but tweakscale can help to adjust hulls to make them work better. 

15 hours ago, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

A long, and sleek bow like what was seen on the Iowa class would be nice to have, but tweakscale can help to adjust hulls to make them work better. 

I guess we should ask @Laythe2 if he has any interest in this idea (personally I like it)

On 5/2/2016 at 6:13 AM, Acea said:

I guess we should ask @Laythe2 if he has any interest in this idea (personally I like it)

Actually it would be better for someone else to manage the LBPP. I am willing to pass it on to someone else. Recent events don't allow me to update often anymore.

Anyone interested?

On 2016/5/3 at 7:23 AM, Laythe2 said:

Actually it would be better for someone else to manage the LBPP. I am willing to pass it on to someone else. Recent events don't allow me to update often anymore.

Anyone interested?

Sorry to hear that… personally I've enjoyed playing with LBPP from the very beginning. It feels nice to see a whole fleet cruising without obvious drop of frame rates.

On 5/5/2016 at 0:47 AM, Acea said:

Sorry to hear that… personally I've enjoyed playing with LBPP from the very beginning. It feels nice to see a whole fleet cruising without obvious drop of frame rates.

Well i ain't giving it up till someone better suited can take it over if they want. I just don't have internet at my new house. And i aint getting SAT internet because i watch a lot of youtube.

I would argue that superstructure elements are part of the artillery system. Spotting towers, range finders, radars, and so on.

What I really want though, is a nice bridge with an IVA. Spannermonkeys pics for his mod has a really nice bridge, but I have no idea where he got it, or how to remake it myself.

I don't know if this is a problem with WWII Warships or this mod, but with this mod I can't seem to blow up the armor plating provided by WWII Warships. Any suggestions?

On 2016/5/11 at 10:50 AM, Gojira said:

I don't know if this is a problem with WWII Warships or this mod, but with this mod I can't seem to blow up the armor plating provided by WWII Warships. Any suggestions?

Since cannon shell damage being nerfed in BDA it has been an issue.

We chose to use N.A.N.A. Sinking About to solve this trouble in 1.0.5, which has not yet got any update.

On 5/13/2016 at 11:12 PM, Acea said:

Since cannon shell damage being nerfed in BDA it has been an issue.

We chose to use N.A.N.A. Sinking About to solve this trouble in 1.0.5, which has not yet got any update.

Has anyone heard from the mod author about any forthcoming updates? I haven't seen any activity in that mods thread.

I love the detailing on the various turrets and the addition of HVAR rockets.

I can't build a ship however, because after opening the BD armoury tab in the SPH, the memory usage increases by a hundred megabytes every few seconds! 

I have tried a brand new install with just the latest version of BD armoury and it increases the memory usage by 100 MB every 30 seconds or so but when I add NAS this increases to 100 MB every 3 seconds. After 12 GB out of my 16 GB is being used part placement is gets increasingly laggy and when I try to launch or exit they game stops responding because of the lack of memory.

Can you suggest ways to fix this because it doesn't seem like this is a common problem. :(

14 hours ago, flamingmonkey46 said:

I love the detailing on the various turrets and the addition of HVAR rockets.

I can't build a ship however, because after opening the BD armoury tab in the SPH, the memory usage increases by a hundred megabytes every few seconds! 

I have tried a brand new install with just the latest version of BD armoury and it increases the memory usage by 100 MB every 30 seconds or so but when I add NAS this increases to 100 MB every 3 seconds. After 12 GB out of my 16 GB is being used part placement is gets increasingly laggy and when I try to launch or exit they game stops responding because of the lack of memory.

Can you suggest ways to fix this because it doesn't seem like this is a common problem. :(

I've never seen such a weird situation... Maybe you can try to ask Baha in his thread and provide your KSP.log file?

On 5/19/2016 at 3:24 AM, Acea said:

I've never seen such a weird situation... Maybe you can try to ask Baha in his thread and provide your KSP.log file?

Acea, I'm sorry to say but I confirm it's happening to me too, I'm going to try it without NAS and see if it is just NAS or BDArmory entirely

It is not localized to NAS, it seems to happen even without it. I'm going to bring this to Baha's attention

Edited by harpwner

7 hours ago, harpwner said:

Acea, I'm sorry to say but I confirm it's happening to me too, I'm going to try it without NAS and see if it is just NAS or BDArmory entirely

It is not localized to NAS, it seems to happen even without it. I'm going to bring this to Baha's attention

Yeah it was confirmed here a few days ago too. I was trying to record my game when I noticed that memory usage increased quickly.

Edited by Acea

3 hours ago, dark jam said:

awesome, how do you make it sink or float?

Nm i figured out the action groups

That link, you can also find action groups. :D

And 'Large Boat Parts' mod's ballast tank part can make it sink and float.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.