[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

32 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Hey @Acea could I have you guys' permission to redistribute your torpedo weapon module dll in my mod by chance?

Yeah of course, just give credit to my teammate GeorgeDuty.

• 1 month later...

Log:

aJjAU8p.png

Hey guys! I've been away for quite a while due to our members' exams and deadlines, and here I'm proud to declare that we're making progress again now!

New version may come soon after we finish modelling and configuring all new weapons, and the next version, according to schedule, would be 0.5.0 "Red Star over Oceans".

3 hours ago, EpicCybertronian said:

Big fan of this mod :D May I suggest a radially-attached torpedo for aircraft, though? It would be nice to take off from a carrier in a Fairey Swordfish or Douglas BTD to sink perhaps the Scharnhorst or Admiral Hipper :wink: 

That's part of our plan though it won't come soon.

Edited by Acea

Log:

We're working on prototype tests of a British aerial torpedo.

Therer's no image right now due to some network issues but there'll be as soon as we finish it.

Log:

kw7l.gif

And here it comes... a preview of our new weapon!

It's still under tests and adjustments, and be patient people. This stuff would come with the next update.

Edited by Acea

It seems that a couple of smaller AA guns will out-damage a huge battleship cannon, and it makes the AI Ship combat unfair. Is this a bug or a problem with the way bdarmoury handles thermal damage? Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

It seems that a couple of smaller AA guns will out-damage a huge battleship cannon, and it makes the AI Ship combat unfair. Is this a bug or a problem with the way bdarmoury handles thermal damage? Thanks!

BDArmory do not calculate collision damage of cannon shells, while monumentum shells cause a great deal of it.

That's the unfair point since this change occurred in BDA 0.10.1 update, and I'm recently trying to persuade new maintainers to balance this issue.

Edited by Acea

37 minutes ago, Acea said:

BDArmory do not calculate collision damage of cannon shells, while monumentum shells cause a great deal of it.

That's the unfair point since this change occurred in BDA 0.10.1 update, and I'm recently trying to persuade new maintainers to balance this issue.

Ahh... Well good luck with the mod!!!

NAS_-_Naval_Artillery_System-1470312065.

Hello everyone here's the update you've waited for so long!

We present you a brand new super power, the Soviet Red Navy, and some more weapons to fill your arsenal!

Updatelog 0.5.0 (IMPORTANT) - "Red Star over Oceans"
Tweaked auto proximity range of AA and DP guns again (to prevent shells from exploding too early).
Removed hydraulic sound effects of all manually-operating only AA guns.
Reduced shell damaging radius of 40 cm (46 cm)/45 Type 94 Naval Gun Triple Mount.
Lowered impact tolerance and max depth of ship-based torpedoes.
Lowered firing rate of 10 cm/65 Type 98 Naval Gun.
Lowered default and maximum cruising depths of torpedoes.
Fixed wrong size of Type 96 25 mm AT/AA Gun Triple Mount, and it now fires airburst rounds.
Fixed shell exploding effect of BL 14 inch Mk VII Naval Gun Quadruple Mount.
Fixed inappropriate proximity settings and shell damaging radius of Bofors 40 mm Dual Mount.
Compressed more part textures.
Added 8 new parts:
 - Imperial Japanese Navy: 20.3 cm/50 3rd Year No.3 Naval Gun, 41 cm/45 3rd Year Type Naval Gun
 - Les Forces Navales Francaises Libres: 380 mm/45 Modele 1935 Gun Quadruple Turret
 - Royal Navy: 18" Mark XII Aerial Torpedo
 - Soviet Navy: 180 mm/57 B-1-P Turret, 130 mm B-2LM Turret, 37 mm/67 66-K Automatic Anti-aircraft Gun Turret, 12.7 mm DShK 1938 Heavy Machine Gun Single Mount

Log:

Oops I just checked all small caliber AA guns and found many of them have got wrong sizes.

This should be fixed in the next minor update, which would come soon.

@Acea Hello there , thanks for all your work, you have some great parts.

I am testing a few things for Large Boats Pack and whenever I look at the logs I see many errors that seem to referencing old paths you may have had in previous builds

[LOG 13:43:05.309] start load DepthChargeSettings
[WRN 13:43:05.310] File 'GameData/ASWeapon/settings.cfg' does not exist
[EXC 13:43:05.311] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	AntiSubmarineWeapon.DepthChargeSettings.Load ()
	AntiSubmarineWeapon.DepthContorllerApplicationLauncher.Start ()

Just wanted to let you know.

Also as a feature request, is it possible to make your weapons tweakscale compatible? Sometimes I would like to shrink - to - fit certain weapons that may not have been designed for certain boat parts.

Thanks again

34 minutes ago, gomker said:

@Acea Hello there , thanks for all your work, you have some great parts.

I am testing a few things for Large Boats Pack and whenever I look at the logs I see many errors that seem to referencing old paths you may have had in previous builds

[LOG 13:43:05.309] start load DepthChargeSettings
[WRN 13:43:05.310] File 'GameData/ASWeapon/settings.cfg' does not exist
[EXC 13:43:05.311] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	AntiSubmarineWeapon.DepthChargeSettings.Load ()
	AntiSubmarineWeapon.DepthContorllerApplicationLauncher.Start ()

Just wanted to let you know.

Also as a feature request, is it possible to make your weapons tweakscale compatible? Sometimes I would like to shrink - to - fit certain weapons that may not have been designed for certain boat parts.

Thanks again

That's a remaining issue from original ASW plugin, since it doesn't really affect game experience, and all parts work perfectly too, just ignore that for now.

The TweakScale issue... I guess it has been mentioned about a year ago. Personally I tend to be historically accurate all the way and compromise only when it is necessary, like half-cut masses of all guns and ammunitions now.

I don't really like to make BDArmory weapons scalable, mainly due to the fact that you can't make their parameters change with your scale settings, which means you can make a destroyer-sized gun with the ablilty to destroy a battleship with one salvo. That's not the type of realistic behaviour that I'd prefer, so, sorry man.

EDIT: BTW in fact I love to use TweakScale, you can see those non-BDArmory parts in NAS and the universal ammo box from C.A.L

Edited by Acea

2 minutes ago, Acea said:

since it doesn't really affect game experience

I got you on that however, it spams the logs making it more difficult to debug issues from new builds of BDArmory along with other weapons packs.

I worked around it by creating that folder and copying config.

3 minutes ago, Acea said:

That's not the type of realistic behaviour that I'd prefer,

I can see the logic in that.  Personally I was only looking to rescale certain guns , like the dual .50Cals  to make them fit my smaller boats better, making them more "kerbal" sized. 

I did see another error in the log related to BDArmory - I am running the latest build from Git

[LOG 14:38:30.849] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NAS/Parts/IJN/NAS_CA_203x2_IJN/NAS_CA_203x2_IJN/NAS_CA_203x2_IJN'
[ERR 14:38:30.861] Invalid float value! Field maxDeviation, value 0.0005f on object of type BahaTurret.ModuleWeapon

9 minutes ago, gomker said:

I can see the logic in that.  Personally I was only looking to rescale certain guns , like the dual .50Cals  to make them fit my smaller boats better, making them more "kerbal" sized. 

I did see another error in the log related to BDArmory - I am running the latest build from Git

Yeah those are both our mistakes. The .50 machine gun is in fact too large and will be fixed in the next update, and we'll fix accuracy settings of several certain guns. Thanks for your reminding.

Edited by Acea

All right after searching over more data we're here to release the hotfix.

This version focuses on realistic weapon sizes and plugin maintenance, and enjoy it!

Updatelog 0.5.0.5 (HOTFIX) - "Red Star over Oceans"
Temporary solution to ASW plugin spamming log files. (Toolbar button is a placeholder)
Strengthened joint of 41 cm/45 3rd Year Type Naval Gun.
Fixed wrong size of 37 mm/67 66-K Automatic Anti-aircraft Gun Turret, 3.7 cm SK C/30 Anti-aircraft Gun Dual Mount, Bofors 40 mm Dual Mount, Dual M2HB Mount and Oerlikon 20 mm Dual Mount.
Fixed accuracy settings of most guns.
Added weapon manager module to STEN Mk. II Submachine Gun.

First of all, great mod! I'm just a simple computer player but it looks to me as if you were modelling the parts with way more attention to detail (and skills) than squad does. Also, would it be possible to make some Russian Cruiser missile tubes?

7 hours ago, Noellen said:

First of all, great mod! I'm just a simple computer player but it looks to me as if you were modelling the parts with way more attention to detail (and skills) than squad does. Also, would it be possible to make some Russian Cruiser missile tubes?

I guess that's not a weapon from 1940s... We may make modern naval weapons in the future, but not especially for NAS.

Log:

I'm recently following Fall of Kerbin series on YouTube, which uses NAS as main naval battle weapons, and seems quite exciting.

The series also exposed some of existing problems inside this mod, which should be fixed in following updates.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.