[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

NAS_-_Naval_Artillery_System-1470676695.

Here comes another quick update!

It's in fact more like a fix, but considering the total amount of changes, I decided to provide a full update individually and give it a new version number.

Updatelog 0.5.2 (FIX) - "Mathematical War"
Strengthened joint of Vickers 14 inch/45 Naval Twin Turret.
Obviously increased blasting powers of torpedoes considering shockwave effects under water.
Increased launching speeds of torpedoes.
Improved firing effects of all guns.
Deleted a useless backup texture.
Decreased blasting radius and default cruising depths of torpedoes.

On 8/7/2016 at 3:45 AM, Acea said:

Log:

I'm recently following Fall of Kerbin series on YouTube, which uses NAS as main naval battle weapons, and seems quite exciting.

The series also exposed some of existing problems inside this mod, which should be fixed in following updates.

I just watched that. It's so funny and awesome!

2 hours ago, Wolf123 said:

@Acea There seems to be a bug with 0.5.2, at any cruise depth torpedoes descend rapidly until they hit the bottom of the sea floor. However I believe it may be because I am using FAR.

Provide your KSP.log and I'll see if anything went wrong

@Acea The problem was fixed when I uninstalled FAR, on an unrelated note how do you get the depth-charges to work. Ive tried everything but every time they launch they blow up on my ship?

Edited by Wolf123

5 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

@Acea The problem was fixed when I uninstalled FAR, on an unrelated note how do you get the depth-charges to work. Ive tried everything but every time they launch they blow up on my ship?

Hang them outboard your ship, maybe on a rotary bomb rack, and turn ripple on. This works at least for me. Disabling clearance check in BDArmory debug menu should help too.

Edited by Acea

1 hour ago, Keilroy said:

im missing some parts from the mod? im missing the radar sets and torpedo launchers?

Check our changelogs and look through the BDArmory category tab carefully

8 minutes ago, Keilroy said:

ok i guess. tho im supprised you dont have a manufacturer tab for the mod. it certainly would make it easier

Basically because we use reallife manufacturer names. You can see all those parts, their manufacturers are the main or representative ones which really took part in production during WWII.

On 11/08/2016 at 5:24 AM, Acea said:

Basically because we use reallife manufacturer names. You can see all those parts, their manufacturers are the main or representative ones which really took part in production during WWII.

Would it not be more convenient for you to have a NAS manufacturer for all your parts and include the actual real life manufacturer in the description, that way both goals are achieved.

6 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

Would it not be more convenient for you to have a NAS manufacturer for all your parts and include the actual real life manufacturer in the description, that way both goals are achieved.

Yeah that'd be nice I'll look into that

Log:

11tecZ4.jpg

We're still making progress and let's review some recent footages.

In next version you can expand your own arsenal with power of 1940s international cooperation, and we'll see you in 0.5.5!

Edited by Acea

35 minutes ago, Thatdude253 said:

How do torps and depth charges work? The torps just seem to run for the bottom of the ocean and depth charges dont seem to have any indication of how to use them

They should work and make sure you're using the latest BDArmory Continued.

If still not send me a copy KSP.log and I'll see what went wrong

• 2 weeks later...

5O6M0zp.jpg

Here's a major update! After doing all the balancing and modeling we finally got you guys something exciting, and hope all of you enjoy it!

Updatelog 0.5.5 (IMPORTANT) - "Lend-Lease Act"
Unified manufacturer of all parts and added a special agency "Kerbin Navy" for them.
Tweaked and unified stack node sizes of all turrets.
Tweaked tolerance parameters of torpedoes again to avoid possible risks in operations.
Tweaked deviations of small caliber AA guns.
Transcoded all sound effect files to ogg format for smaller sizes.
Set default decoupling speeds of depth charges to 0.
Rebalanced all cannon/machine gun shell masses based on Aviator Arsenal data (thanks to tetryds), it won't affect performance of cannon type weapons for now, while affecting ballistic type obviously.
Multiple title & description corrections.
Fixed some wrong sound effect settings.
Fixed air detonation/proximity fuse settings of most AA/DP guns.
Enabled default barrage settings of all weapons with rate of fire higher than 9 rpm.
Applied a new heavy cruiser gun sound effect.
Added blasting heat parameters to all bomb/torpedo-type weapons.
Added 3 new parts:
 - Royal Navy: BL 15 inch Mk Ⅰ Naval Gun Dual Mount (Soviet Navy Painting)
 - US Navy: 3-inch Naval Gun Mount Mark 21
 - Misc: NRF-1 General Naval Range Finder

A hotfix version, aiming on reducing file sizes, is now open for downloading!

We made a few minor tweaks and texture compressions, which may make your game experience better without visible quality loss.

Updatelog 0.5.5.5 (HOTFIX) - "Lend-Lease Act"

Limited detonation ranges of medium caliber AA/DP guns.
Deleted useless temporary files.
Compressed NAS flag and more textures.

The final fix version under 0.5.5 is open to public!

This should be the last update before KSP 1.2, and there won't be new parts for quite a while. I myself would be away from modding for several months, after which will come the last developing version of NAS, the 1.0.0. 

I'll do my best to keep NAS and C.A.L++ up to date during this time, and thanks to all of you who have supported us Kerwis team.

Updatelog 0.5.5.6 (FIX) - "Lend-Lease Act"
Updated to latest C.A.L++.
Tweaked deviations of AA guns around 40 mm again for a bit better performances.
Tweaked attaching node position of Tallboy 12,000 lb Bomb.
Limited air detonation range of 10 cm/65 Type 98 Naval Gun.
Slightly compressed and optimized textures of some bombs.
Added credits.

Edited by Acea

All right so in the end we decided to make some interesting stuff before my absence so here's the result.

This version fixed some torpedo issues, and provided a brand new relatively high-altitude aerial torpedo.

Updatelog 0.5.5.7 (FIX) - "Lend-Lease Act"
Tweaked ship-launched torpedo masses and power of Mark 15 Torpedo for reality.
Tweaked buoyancy settings of torpedoes.
Corrected name format of Type 93 Torpedo "Long Lance".
Added 1 new part:
 - Imperial Japanese Navy: Type 91 Torpedo Mod 2 "Thunder Fish"

EDIT: Sorry that was my fault... I used infinite ammo to test weapons, so I accidentally missed an ammo type issue in 0.5.5 :(

Updatelog 0.5.5.7/F (HOTFIX) - "Lend-Lease Act"

Fixed ammo type definition of 3-inch Naval Gun Mount Mark 22.

Edited by Acea
A hotfix

Great pack! (Certainly better than anything i'll ever make :) ). I was going to make my own Flakvierling but then i found it here.

Something that may help the parts fit it into the stock BDArmory weapons is to make the textures have less dirt and grime on them. The weapons in BDArmory and the stock parts look very clean and free of dirt, making the naval weapons feel out of place. I would mind having a go at cleaning the textures, but the textures look quite intimidating.

Anyway, those are just some suggestions. It's ultimately up to who's making the textures if they like it or not. 

1 hour ago, CrayzeeMonkey said:

Great pack! (Certainly better than anything i'll ever make :) ). I was going to make my own Flakvierling but then i found it here.

Something that may help the parts fit it into the stock BDArmory weapons is to make the textures have less dirt and grime on them. The weapons in BDArmory and the stock parts look very clean and free of dirt, making the naval weapons feel out of place. I would mind having a go at cleaning the textures, but the textures look quite intimidating.

Thx that you like our mod :P

For the texture we've decided to stay realistic and second-handed-alike, mainly due to the fact that I am a WWII old warship maniac :) Those weapons looks historical and quite nice right now, so well.

Edited by Acea

Just asking: Do you have others project for BD-armory? Maybe a new theme-based weapons pack? 

Because so far, you guy make incredible looking props for KSP. Any others assets than huge naval guns could be fun. I'am using your mod mainly for the AA guns, bombs, torpedoes and such.

Great job so far!

11 hours ago, jeffQC1 said:

Just asking: Do you have others project for BD-armory? Maybe a new theme-based weapons pack? 

Because so far, you guy make incredible looking props for KSP. Any others assets than huge naval guns could be fun. I'am using your mod mainly for the AA guns, bombs, torpedoes and such.

Great job so far!

Yeah I understand. Not all of you are fans of super battleships or WWII naval warfare, and our following (and last) plans about NAS would be surrounding carrier-based aircrafts. Hope you guys like it.

BTW we DO have a future project plan, about modernized navies during and after the Cold War. Smaller and more accurate weapons will come to stage, while they're still under discussions.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.