[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

1 hour ago, Aleksey Pschenichnikov said:

can't download through CKAN, please help

Oh I forgot to change dependant mod to BDAc. That was my fault and I've submitted a fix request, it should be fixed soon.

10 hours ago, MadmanMorton said:

There seems to be a bug on CKAN:

Apparently there's a v0.6.1.1 of NAS ready to install, but whenever I go to update CKAN can't find it.

It's not affecting the game whatsoever, just thought I'd bring that to light :)

Yeah I messed up with versions at first, the latest version should be 0.6.0.6. I'd check CKAN files on GitHub again.

On 2017/2/28 at 3:01 PM, KodiaksFury said:

Hey Folks! I reckon this is probably a bit outside your wheelhouse being not WW2 but I just wanted to suggest this beautiful post war gun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5"/54_caliber_Mark_42_gun

Yeah it is beautiful, I like it and no.

On 2017/3/1 at 4:59 AM, Komander Faul said:

Would it be a good idea to make the 18"/47mk1 and the 18"/48mkA battleship main guns , in dual and three- gun configuration,  on the slightly larger turret version of the 16"ers?  These guns where experimental.... 

We'll not accept weapons not really equipped ATM, but that would be awesome if we want to do unhistorical weapons someday. I'd archive it.

2 hours ago, Acea said:

Yeah it is beautiful, I like it and no.

We'll not accept weapons not really equipped ATM, but that would be awesome if we want to do unhistorical weapons someday. I'd archive it.

I understand.. Ty for considering it, tho... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've build one basic destroyer ship today and it works fine. It works fine even with NAS flags, AAs and radar, but when I add bigger guns, the ship start fliping over and can't be stopped by anything.

Some screens: The ship rudders and engines now are smaller and better fit for that ship size... obsolete photo...

I discussed this problem with current dev of LSP (SMCE) and because the problem occur when I have one of bigger guns from NAS, it could be problem with something in NAS....

I would be thankful for any fix or idea how to repair that!

Ave! Toonu

Edited by Toonu

1 hour ago, patton446 said:

@Toonu it seems like your CoM too high. The guns do weigh a lot. Any way you could place some ballast on her keel? that should reduce her KG but it will also increase her displacement.

Thanks for suggestion, but the guns itself have 2x17 tons. When I placed procedural tank weighting 18 tons on places where guns were. Ship was stable, but when I add guns, it spins... It isn't related to weight :( I already tried and discussed weight with SM... Thx anyway

4 hours ago, Toonu said:

Any more ideas? @Acea

I remember some guys messing with Mouse Aim Flight reported that it would lock control and make vessels spin uncontrollably. Did you try uninstalling that?

9 hours ago, Acea said:

I remember some guys messing with Mouse Aim Flight reported that it would lock control and make vessels spin uncontrollably. Did you try uninstalling that?

No, I've tried removing Ship sinking,emm...hull breach mod, because it added seaWater to some NAS things, but it wasn't problem...I will try. Hope it will help. :wink:

No, sorry. MAF isn't the issue here....I will send modpack, log and screens. You can look into it as developer :D because I don't understand more than few percent of that... :D

The album have description at photos :)

I will edit soon with log and modpack list. :wink:

Pastebin didn't take over 0.5MB so...

I will upload it somewhere

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6m1g6i99nihafi/KSP.log?dl=0

And modpack:

http://prntscr.com/erfo80

Edited by Toonu

I have an issue, I've installed your mod alongside a few other and decided to build a destroyer. The issue is with the Mk15 Torpedo, when I launch one from the Mk14 launcher, it just falls into the water and doesn't go forward.

Do you know what could cause that issue ?

I have a problem. When I use any torpedo, the graphics glitch and I see a semicircle white cloud at  constant size relative to screen, even if I zoom in or out. Is this a known bug? Also, by combining code from depth charges and/or torpedoes, would naval mines be possible?

On 2017-04-15 at 7:36 AM, Brice04 said:

I have an issue, I've installed your mod alongside a few other and decided to build a destroyer. The issue is with the Mk15 Torpedo, when I launch one from the Mk14 launcher, it just falls into the water and doesn't go forward.

Do you know what could cause that issue ?

On 2017-04-18 at 10:22 AM, Brent Kerman said:

I have a problem. When I use any torpedo, the graphics glitch and I see a semicircle white cloud at  constant size relative to screen, even if I zoom in or out. Is this a known bug? Also, by combining code from depth charges and/or torpedoes, would naval mines be possible?

I too am having problems with the torpedoes. I have installed BDA, P.E.W., N.K.D, and a few other mods. I think that I might have narrowed it down to a miss-spelling in the torpedoes .cfg. I'll try it and report back. If it's not that, I'll try something else. If not that, then I have no idea but it might be a good idea to see if there's a certain combination of mods that cause this behavior.

If it's not too much to ask, would it be possible, even tangentially, to estimate a completion date for the fixes to the torpedo system?

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:46 PM, InfiniteAtom said:

When I try to download this from CKAN, the download glitches. This is because the Spacedock link is broken. Please fix this.

The only people who can fix ckan issues are the group taking care of ckan ... would you ask a performance racing garage mechanic in Huston to fix the pot holes on a street in Dallas?

If you use ckan you're bound to have problems unless that is how you play KSP ... if installing mods and other dependancies like win-doh's update is your cup of tea then I can see how it might be enjoyable

If you manage to get your modlist working that is how you win, yes?

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.