[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

@Acea I encountered some problem using this mod.

The turret of USS Missouri and IJN Yamato shake like a pancake after each salvo. (terrific recoil)

I tried to use Kerbal Reinforcement Joint to fix this problem, yet the turret stuck after first shoot (better to say fixed, since it could yaw and pitch).

Do you have any good method to tackle this problem?

Really thanks!

9 minutes ago, keithcarla said:

The turret of USS Missouri and IJN Yamato shake like a pancake after each salvo. (terrific recoil)

I tried to use Kerbal Reinforcement Joint to fix this problem, yet the turret stuck after first shoot (better to say fixed, since it could yaw and pitch).

Really thanks!

I remember seeing shakes if the supporting things below is not thick enough. Though that is for me even with KJR. I do believe that screenshots can help though, while you're at it why not try my suggestion?

10 minutes ago, ColonelVInnie said:

I remember seeing shakes if the supporting things below is not thick enough. Though that is for me even with KJR. I do believe that screenshots can help though, while you're at it why not try my suggestion?

how to insert a picture here

1 minute ago, keithcarla said:

how to insert a picture here

Use an image hosting site like imgur and upload the picture there. Click on the picture after upload to make it bigger. Right click and open image in new tab. Copy that new tab's url to the picture, and then come back here and paste that url directly into your post.

46 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Use an image hosting site like imgur and upload the picture there. Click on the picture after upload to make it bigger. Right click and open image in new tab. Copy that new tab's url to the picture, and then come back here and paste that url directly into your post.

1 hour ago, ColonelVInnie said:

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/d9853847f21fbe09ef35129c61600c338644ad9b.jpg

URL is safe. I don't understand why it triggers a security alert.

Edited by keithcarla

On 2017/7/24 at 8:37 PM, keithcarla said:

Really thanks!

I guess that's an issue with KJR, since I don't use KJR myself and with stock auto-strut it's totally okay.

Can you try that and see if it works?

另外如果是国人直接跟我说中文也行,比较好解决问题。

On 2017/7/26 at 1:17 PM, Acea said:

I guess that's an issue with KJR, since I don't use KJR myself and with stock auto-strut it's totally okay.

炮塔开火后摇晃穿模,焊接后开完第一炮卡死(需要反复按开关才能恢复对炮塔的控制),炮塔开炮后脱离母体如果刚性连接开启,1.3,有没有的解决方案。谢~~

5 hours ago, keithcarla said:

炮塔开火后摇晃穿模,焊接后开完第一炮卡死(需要反复按开关才能恢复对炮塔的控制),炮塔开炮后脱离母体如果刚性连接开启,1.3,有没有的解决方案。谢~~

不要开刚性连接,开自动加固,不要焊接。

1 hour ago, Wolf123 said:

@Acea The torpedoes are broken in the new BDA "Naval Combat" update, they sink to the bottom of the ocean. BDA officially implemented torpedo/depth charge coding, so the NAS torpedoes are broken as off now... 

I'll look into that. Since BDAc had a major update, we may provide a new version soon.

Just asking but is it possible to edit the weapons with multi-guns to fire one by one instead of for example *3 shells from first turret, and it continues in order and following the rate of fire in barrage until reaching the final turret* as in something like this:

at 3:39

1 minute ago, Vonnmillard said:

Just asking but is it possible to edit the weapons with multi-guns to fire one by one instead of for example *3 shells from first turret, and it continues in order and following the rate of fire in barrage until reaching the final turret* as in something like this:

Or something like the dreadnought firing in the Battlefield 1 trailer

2 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Or something like the dreadnought firing in the Battlefield 1 trailer

No that would be impossible under current BDAc system. I personally like the idea, but due to current situation, seems that it would be only a dream.

On 2017/7/26 at 1:17 PM, Acea said:

@Acea problem still exists.

I found that the Iowa class guns were causing strange behavior when the craft spawned in and when the guns were firing. I traced the problem to the cfg file and found that the bulletType = 16inchAPSHS that the shells of the gun is set for is not found in the NAS_Bullets.cfg file. So after changing it to a 16 inch shell type found in the NAS_Bullets file, the guns were working like normal.

15 hours ago, Future2063 said:

I found that the Iowa class guns were causing strange behavior when the craft spawned in and when the guns were firing. I traced the problem to the cfg file and found that the bulletType = 16inchAPSHS that the shells of the gun is set for is not found in the NAS_Bullets.cfg file. So after changing it to a 16 inch shell type found in the NAS_Bullets file, the guns were working like normal.

Yeah checked it, that was my fault and it should be 16inchSHS. Would be fixed in next version.

14 minutes ago, ColonelVInnie said:

Battleship Gangut/October Revoultion. Halfway flipped and refuses to sink after trying to destroy a shore battery with it's 12 inch guns. Really wish there is a way to switch between shell type in flight though.

Reveal hidden contents

F1ZatGj.png

That's something I'm also looking into. Seeing if there's a way to switch different types of bullets while in flight mode.

Edited by lancefoxcia

10 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

That's something I'm also looking into. Seeing if there's a way to switch different types of bullets while in flight mode.

Without any guarantee:

this *may* perhaps be possible with Interstellar Fuel Switch.
At least I think at one point @FreeThinker considered adding functionality to use IFS to switch an arbitrary module of a part. If it is possible to specify that you want IFS to switch the field "bulletType" of module "ModuleWeapon", then it can be done. You may want to consult the IFS thread and/or source code for details.

2 hours ago, TheDog said:

Without any guarantee:

this *may* perhaps be possible with Interstellar Fuel Switch.
At least I think at one point @FreeThinker considered adding functionality to use IFS to switch an arbitrary module of a part. If it is possible to specify that you want IFS to switch the field "bulletType" of module "ModuleWeapon", then it can be done. You may want to consult the IFS thread and/or source code for details.

This would help @lancefoxcia a lot since currently he has 3-6 versions of each turret in his mod for different ammo types.

I have a question regarding new weapons.

Would it be possible to add in the quad 40mm Bofors AA mounts used on USN vessels during WWII? Linking example images

NOTE: Images taken in-game from World of Warships, made by Wargaming.

40mm Bofors MK2:

Spoiler

k5phxA4.png

40mm Bofors MK2 (Shielded):

Spoiler

DRrD0NE.png

Edited by Swordmaster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.