[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

3 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Does anyone know why the majority of main guns don't work? When I try to fire them, they make a gun sound, particle effects cause lag at the ends of the guns while they drain their ammo at ridiculous rates. Nothing comes out like with the working guns (Fort Drum 14", several others).

Released version is not compatible with BDAc 1.1.0 beta yet, please use 1.0.0 instead.

Thanks for developing/updating and sharing this awesome mod!

I have so much fun with this mod, thank you!

combing the feature provided by this mod and some blender /unity stuff, here comes the Scharnhorst!

Album a/DriwN will appear when post is submitted

as you can see, targeting KSC , fires all main turrets....!

Then  i found some issues about some main cannon and shells:

those shells (here i tested the 283mm SK C/28 , 203mm SK C/34 and 380mm SK C/34 turrets) just penetrate through the KSC quite weirdly, no shells bouncing / explosion is presented

As contrast, when i fire the 10.5 cm SK C/33 turrets, they hit and explode normally..

Not quite sure is that due to the missing part of those bullets definition / CFGs ?

For now, i just change their corresponding .cfg to something like this:

weaponType = cannon   

(and remove the bulletType lines )

this make them behave more like the HE shells  lol

Album a/ZaHZv will appear when post is submitted

Did i miss some modules or mods?

Might need your help to find clues here, thank you!

-----------------

Using KSP 1.3.0.1804

NAS v0.6.6(download from CKAN)

BD armory continued V1.0.0 (download from CKAN)

physical range extender V1.5.0 (download from CKAN)

----------

Edited by Northernseal
wrong link for images

6 hours ago, Northernseal said:

Then  i found some issues about some main cannon and shells:

those shells (here i tested the 283mm SK C/28 , 203mm SK C/34 and 380mm SK C/34 turrets) just penetrate through the KSC quite weirdly, no shells bouncing / explosion is presented

As contrast, when i fire the 10.5 cm SK C/33 turrets, they hit and explode normally..

Not quite sure is that due to the missing part of those bullets definition / CFGs ?

That could be a BDAc issue since I've seen non-NAS players have the same issue too, or you should use KSP 1.3.1? I don't think BDAc 1.0.0 is fully compatible with 1.3.

On 2018/1/22 at 2:37 AM, Acea said:

That could be a BDAc issue since I've seen non-NAS players have the same issue too, or you should use KSP 1.3.1? I don't think BDAc 1.0.0 is fully compatible with 1.3.

Thanks for the reply

I try this with clean installed KSP 1.3.1

use same version of BDA as well as NAS

now it works!  they hit and bounce like AP shells, looks pretty good!

Thank you!

14 hours ago, SQUAD said:

We want to provide our players with a big update that will not only include several enhancements and bug fixes, but also new content and features that will forward the KSP experience, most notably the full localization of the game to German, Italian, French, and Brazilian Portuguese. Which by the way, is almost done and undergoing the LQA (Localization Quality Assurance) process.

Due to the news I guess it's time to get more volunteers ahead of time. Anyone could use German, Italian, French, and Brazilian Portuguese fluently, and would be able to help please contact me, there're about titles/descriptions of 70 parts to translate, we need to get it done as early as possible so it'll be easier for us to deal with coming new versions.

I'm not pushing anyone to anything. I just asked here and directly on Discord about that. I know the development procedure needed for the mods and I know its his free time. It was just question so don't take it as some questions of type Release it already, right?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm bit stressed today, so....don't take it realistically meh :D 

4 hours ago, Toonu said:

I'm not pushing anyone to anything. I just asked here and directly on Discord about that. I know the development procedure needed for the mods and I know its his free time. It was just question so don't take it as some questions of type Release it already, right?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm bit stressed today, so....don't take it realistically meh :D 

Not yet but soon. We'll have more surprises when 1.1.0 comes to a final release, maybe I'll consider releasing a test version? Idk now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/02/2018 at 7:35 PM, Cpt.Edward said:

The air detonation doesn't seem to work. And the shells have no damage to other vessels(Can destroy buildings btw). What should I do?

Try reinstalling, this won't work with 1.4. It requires a slightly older version of BD armoury (still 1.3.1), but when it is updated it will probably use the latest.

• 3 weeks later...

The 8in Triple turret's off-centered. In other words, the turret swings out instead of normally traversing. I know this is a small detail, but could you please fix it in the next update?

Spoiler

tumblr_p6jdakG09a1vnkznoo1_400.jpg

Edited by MadmanMorton

On 2018/4/2 at 10:19 AM, MadmanMorton said:

The 8in Triple turret's off-centered. In other words, the turret swings out instead of normally traversing. I know this is a small detail, but could you please fix it in the next update?

Hide contents

tumblr_p6jdakG09a1vnkznoo1_400.jpg

Sure I've informed the team and it would be fixed.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:49 PM, MiffedStarfish said:

I would be against NAS. Building stock hulls is more challenging, and NAS hulls are proabably stronger, so anyone who builds in stock would be left behind.

Hi, is this 1.4 compatible?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

why is a quote from the naval battles group here?

looool

btw BDAc has been updated for 1.4.2, update this plz? also i think some parts needs to be downscaled to fit in kerbals

On Wed Apr 25 2018 at 12:30 PM, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

looool

btw BDAc has been updated for 1.4.2, update this plz? also i think some parts needs to be downscaled to fit in kerbals

No downscales. I've got this kind of requests a lot, but no. All NAS parts would stay in real world scales.

13 hours ago, N7_aerospace said:

Also The Torpedos launch but go at a 85 degree angle down (the actual model stays horizontal)

The plugin hasn't been updated yet. I'll get you guys the release within 3 days, if BDAc doesn't get some serious bug reports under 1.4.3 (and we don't either).

Anyway here's something new under test:

-6081c2df211e4b71.gif

bQ4qLLS.jpg

Hey there, long waited update here now. We have got a lot of work done during the absence of BDAc, and we hope you guys like them.

Changelog 0.7.0 (IMPORTANT) - "Land of Dragon"
Used new compression method to get a slightly lighter package.
Updated plugin to adapt to latest BDArmory Continued.
Tweaked yaw speed of 12.7 cm/50 cal Type 3 Naval Gun Dual Mount Turret up to 6 dps.
Tweaked up overheat speed of most small caliber AA guns.
Tweaked thrust time of shipborne torpedoes to match real world values.
Tweaked QF 2-pounder "Pom-pom" Mark ⅥA Mount's rate of fire down to 96 rpm.
Torpedoes now use the sound effect from vanilla BDAc (old sound effect removed).
Temporarily removed BDAc short name localization files. 
Removed the DEFORMATTER file (all localization tags are sorted into separate part cfgs).
Remade model of 5"/38 cal Mk 12 Naval Gun Mark 30 Turret and all torpedoes.
6"/47 caliber Mark 16 Gun Triple Turret could fire VT shells (for AA battles) now.
Shortened default drop times of High Velocity Aircraft Rocket (HVAR) and Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket.
Propellers of torpedoes would rotate now when deployed.
Overhauled definitions of all parts/bullets according to new BDAc configurations.
Optimized textures of some Japanese weapons.
Minor changes in Chinese descriptions.
High Velocity Aircraft Rocket (HVAR) and Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket have less thrusts now.
Fixed Flag Pole now has a waving flag.
Fixed bullet configuration of 28 cm SK C/28 Triple Turret.
Enlarged lift area of Fritz X Guided Anti-ship Bomb, High Velocity Aircraft Rocket (HVAR) and Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket.
Compressed more textures to reduce memory leak.
Added 5 new parts:
 - ROC Navy: 10.5 cm SK L/40 (Mitsubishi Version), BL 6 inch Mk XXI Naval Gun, Kiangnan 152 mm Single Mount
 - Misc: Aerial Flare Bomb, Depth Charge Rack

Spoiler

BRtIMNv.jpg0ar9yRl.jpgz6P7RvA.jpgbbXGuiP.jpgUE4xsOJ.png9KvaOTN.jpgGSVfch7.jpgjPLhhhM.pngjBYxChI.pngnHlCWgQ.png

On Sat Apr 28 2018 at 9:56 PM, Acea said:

bQ4qLLS.jpg

Hey there, long waited update here now. We have got a lot of work done during the absence of BDAc, and we hope you guys like them.

Changelog 0.7.0 (IMPORTANT) - "Land of Dragon"
Used new compression method to get a slightly lighter package.
Updated plugin to adapt to latest BDArmory Continued.
Tweaked yaw speed of 12.7 cm/50 cal Type 3 Naval Gun Dual Mount Turret up to 6 dps.
Tweaked up overheat speed of most small caliber AA guns.
Tweaked thrust time of shipborne torpedoes to match real world values.
Tweaked QF 2-pounder "Pom-pom" Mark ⅥA Mount's rate of fire down to 96 rpm.
Torpedoes now use the sound effect from vanilla BDAc (old sound effect removed).
Temporarily removed BDAc short name localization files. 
Removed the DEFORMATTER file (all localization tags are sorted into separate part cfgs).
Remade model of 5"/38 cal Mk 12 Naval Gun Mark 30 Turret and all torpedoes.
6"/47 caliber Mark 16 Gun Triple Turret could fire VT shells (for AA battles) now.
Shortened default drop times of High Velocity Aircraft Rocket (HVAR) and Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket.
Propellers of torpedoes would rotate now when deployed.
Overhauled definitions of all parts/bullets according to new BDAc configurations.
Optimized textures of some Japanese weapons.
Minor changes in Chinese descriptions.
High Velocity Aircraft Rocket (HVAR) and Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket have less thrusts now.
Fixed Flag Pole now has a waving flag.
Fixed bullet configuration of 28 cm SK C/28 Triple Turret.
Enlarged lift area of Fritz X Guided Anti-ship Bomb, High Velocity Aircraft Rocket (HVAR) and Tiny Tim Unguided Rocket.
Compressed more textures to reduce memory leak.
Added 5 new parts:
 - ROC Navy: 10.5 cm SK L/40 (Mitsubishi Version), BL 6 inch Mk XXI Naval Gun, Kiangnan 152 mm Single Mount
 - Misc: Aerial Flare Bomb, Depth Charge Rack

Reveal hidden contents

BRtIMNv.jpg0ar9yRl.jpgz6P7RvA.jpgbbXGuiP.jpgUE4xsOJ.png9KvaOTN.jpgGSVfch7.jpgjPLhhhM.pngjBYxChI.pngnHlCWgQ.png

ALSO LOOKING FOR FRENCH, GERMAN &PORTUGUESE (BRAZIL) LOCALIZATION VOLUNTEERS. ANYONE INTERESTED AND HAVING FREE TIME PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA PM

Edited by Acea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.