[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

18 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

The last BDAc update cleaned up the BDAc editor category .... modders making BDAc addons need to create their own editor category 

Quick solution is it change the category in each of the part configss from none to a stock category

Ah. Inconvenient, but good to know. Thanks!

Please add the BL 18 inch turret from the HMS Furious. If people decided to have their own treaties constraining amount of guns and didn't want Yamato's guns it could make a decent alternative. Could you also perhaps add an optional reskin for the BL 15 inch to allow people to have a bit of diversity or to simply make a better Hood.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I have two related problems here:

[LOG 11:18:05.418] ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: BDArmory, Version=1.2.0.1047, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => BDArmory, Version=1.2.2.2, Cult
ure=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 11:18:05.419] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AntiSubmarineWeapon': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AntiSubmarineWeapon.ModuleAntiSubmarineWeapon' from assembly 'AntiSubmarineWeapon, Version=0.6.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

This happens with latest BDA from SpaceDock at 1.4.5. I know it may be not supported and wanted to rebuild/fix it, but seems like (second problem)

Link to source code in starter post and on SpaceDock is broken.

• 2 weeks later...
On Sun Sep 23 2018 at 4:26 PM, ThirdOfSeven said:

Hi there. I have two related problems here:

[LOG 11:18:05.418] ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: BDArmory, Version=1.2.0.1047, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => BDArmory, Version=1.2.2.2, Cult
ure=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 11:18:05.419] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AntiSubmarineWeapon': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AntiSubmarineWeapon.ModuleAntiSubmarineWeapon' from assembly 'AntiSubmarineWeapon, Version=0.6.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

This happens with latest BDA from SpaceDock at 1.4.5. I know it may be not supported and wanted to rebuild/fix it, but seems like (second problem)

Link to source code in starter post and on SpaceDock is broken.

It'll be fixed when the next update comes. Very soon.

On Wed Oct 03 2018 at 6:09 AM, MadmanMorton said:

When can we expect the next update? I really want to get the torpedoes up and running again. In the meantime, guess I gotta make ships to absorb them ;)

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pfzs62NcYq1vnkznoo1_400.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pfzs62NcYq1vnkznoo2_540.jpg

When I get back home from my holidays. New parts have been finished and need a final check (as well as further localization work), anyone who could do French/German/Portuguese (Brazil) localization please help us.

Tengo un problema las armas no hacen daño, las tortas disparan pero por más que disparo no destruye nada, no hay explicaciones ni nada solo un efecto visual saben como solucionar esto?

[Moderator note:  Best guess at a rough translation of the above.  "I have a problem.  The weapons cause no damage.  They shoot, but it doesn't destroy anything, and there's no explanation-- it's just a visual effect.  Does anyone know how to solve this?"]

Edited by Snark
Attempted translation added by moderator

51 minutes ago, Thony009 said:

Tengo un problema las armas no hacen daño, las tortas disparan pero por más que disparo no destruye nada, no hay explicaciones ni nada solo un efecto visual saben como solucionar esto?

Hello @Thony009, and welcome to the forums!  :)

Per our forum rules (2.3.c in particular), please post in English when you're in the general sections of the forum.

If you'd like to discuss things in Spanish, please use the Spanish (Español) forum to do so.

(For now, I've tidied up your post above to make an attempt at an English translation-- just a guess, I don't speak Spanish.  In the future, however, please try to be more careful.)

Thank you for your understanding.

2 hours ago, Thony009 said:

[Moderator note:  Best guess at a rough translation of the above.  "I have a problem.  The weapons cause no damage.  They shoot, but it doesn't destroy anything, and there's no explanation-- it's just a visual effect.  Does anyone know how to solve this?"]

Yea, I think that an update would be required, tho it works well in the current version, idk if the shells are updated along with it.....I would either re-update it, or wait for the newest update 

Spoiler

Tengo un problema: las armas no duelen, el disparo de la torreta, pero por más de ese disparo no destruye nada, no hay explicaciones ni nada, ¿solo un efecto visual? Would probably what Thony009 ment to type, since “las tortas”is either a cake or a sandwich 

also, my apologies for the confusion, but I didn’t know that the turrets shoots cake or sandwiches  :P

Spoiler

I had to research it, so I figured what you ment to type....no worries 

Edited by Komander Faul

On 10/4/2018 at 3:10 AM, Acea said:

It'll be fixed when the next update comes. Very soon.

When I get back home from my holidays. New parts have been finished and need a final check (as well as further localization work), anyone who could do French/German/Portuguese (Brazil) localization please help us.

I would like to help with the German localization, but how do i do it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I've been having issues with NAS.

The torpedoes won't explode upon impact with the ships. (this includes air and ship launch ones.)

Impact speed for this Mark 15 torpedo was 35 M/s at a cruising depth of 1 (default), launched from a ship's deck.

The torpedo will travel at the target a *boop* tap into it at 35 M/s and then just stop. And push against the ship. When the enemy MGs blow it up it shreds the ship like you'd expect.

Edited by sumghai
Revert to standard forum post font

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Komander Faul said:

i was curious...is there a way i can make the 8in american heavy cruiser main battery be dual purpose? i was also wondering if i can somehow make both that and the 6in usn light cruiser mains turn at 360°?

You'd have to change the config files, dual purpose has to do with the air detonation parameter and for turning 360 just set yaw range to 360.

I'm sure you can poke around 5"DP until it works.

Game is still too slow so I had to use the LBPP and be unable to make sinkable ships. I fiddled around with the turrets to make my own. This is the prototype "Mimas" battleship, with a fictional fusion nuclear reactor powering it.

oRCgryO.png

On 1/18/2019 at 5:54 AM, ColonelVInnie said:

You'd have to change the config files, dual purpose has to do with the air detonation parameter and for turning 360 just set yaw range to 360.

I'm sure you can poke around 5"DP until it works.

Game is still too slow so I had to use the LBPP and be unable to make sinkable ships. I fiddled around with the turrets to make my own. This is the prototype "Mimas" battleship, with a fictional fusion nuclear reactor powering it.

oRCgryO.png

Thank you for the info! and that's an amazing battleship u have there! :D

I wasn’t sure if I have to find a different configuration file for the dual purpose aa .....I tried that, but I feel that I was doing it wrong 

edit-I done it right 

Edited by Komander Faul

Hey.

I downloaded NAS for KSP version 1.4.5 (had to revert from 1.6, because i knew i wont work with the latest version of the KSP client). however after installing the mod , along with the other required mods needed for NAS. when i go to the hangar , nothing from NAS loads up. i installed it fresh on a 1.4.5 version of ksp with the prerequisites and nothing. i have used NAS before during KSP 1.3.  a while ago.

No matter how many times i install the latest NAS to the 1.4.5 client , it just wont load anything in the hangar for NAS, it loads just the normal standard BD armoury stuff. Any suggestions? all the other mods i installed have worked, just this one that wont. shame cos its one of my favourite mods and i would love to play it again.

Kind regards...and thanks. 

14 hours ago, gekogoji said:

Hey.

I downloaded NAS for KSP version 1.4.5 (had to revert from 1.6, because i knew i wont work with the latest version of the KSP client). however after installing the mod , along with the other required mods needed for NAS. when i go to the hangar , nothing from NAS loads up. i installed it fresh on a 1.4.5 version of ksp with the prerequisites and nothing. i have used NAS before during KSP 1.3.  a while ago.

No matter how many times i install the latest NAS to the 1.4.5 client , it just wont load anything in the hangar for NAS, it loads just the normal standard BD armoury stuff. Any suggestions? all the other mods i installed have worked, just this one that wont. shame cos its one of my favourite mods and i would love to play it again.

Kind regards...and thanks. 

On 1/14/2019 at 5:22 AM, o24UK42o said:

I'm having an issue with torpedoes on KSP v1.4.5: The ModuleAntiSubmarineWeapon seems to be not working; the buoyancy part won't function, and the torpedo won't follow the set depth limits. It won't propel itself either.

I've been away for a while, for our new project and I'm aware of the issues above. 

A temporary fix for 1.6.x could be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvu4wdv1e6ldqsg/AntiSubmarineWeapon.dll?dl=1 (tested and all core functions work well)

Notice that this does not really fix the issue that torpedoes do not explode on impact, we're trying to figure out what went wrong. You may need to manually detonate them meanwhile.

3 hours ago, Acea said:

I've been away for a while, for our new project and I'm aware of the issues above. 

A temporary fix for 1.6.x could be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvu4wdv1e6ldqsg/AntiSubmarineWeapon.dll?dl=1 (tested and all core functions work well)

Notice that this does not really fix the issue that torpedoes do not explode at collision, we're trying to figure out what went wrong. You may need to manually detonate them meanwhile.

Ty for the fix, I just was wondering,  cuz I wasn't sure about the link.....is it in github as well? 

7 minutes ago, Komander Faul said:

Ty for the fix, I just was wondering,  cuz I wasn't sure about the link.....is it in github as well? 

Our programmer is now out on a trip and he was working on moving all codes to GitLab, for an easier project management. New repository would be online after we got all these matters settled.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:56 AM, Acea said:

Notice that this does not really fix the issue that torpedoes do not explode on impact, we're trying to figure out what went wrong. You may need to manually detonate them meanwhile.

ah i see , thank you for the fix. and thank you guys for your continued work and support for this mod , it is one of my favs.

• 1 month later...

I having issues with this when I'm loading KSP is will start to load a NAS weapon then KSP will stop loading.:( Sad because I use this before I had a high spec pc, so I never got to have a full on battle please fix this. Also, where do I put the fix dll

Edited by Rocketsciences101

• 1 month later...

I've noticed that the turn angles are not actually what they are set in the editor. Turrets can turn to their restraint properly clockwise but not anti-clockwise, where usually they can turn only 90 degrees before resetting. This only happens when the yaw limit is greater than 180 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.