[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

On 5/8/2019 at 4:09 AM, Acronza1 said:

so im trying to use this mod i the new version 1.7 and it does not appear to be working as the game will stop loading once it gets to the NAS parts as seen below.

is there a way to fix this or does it just not work at all in 1.7

https://imgur.com/lbTVlbG

https://imgur.com/diw8ipb

DO NOT USE CAL ANY MORE

I should have mentioned this in highlight. It's obsolete and incompatible now, and it may cause issues.

• 1 month later...

I cant get this mod to work with out it freezing indefinitely on the loading screen, I am not using CAL and have tried the latest version and some of the older version to see if Those work nun work for me, pls Help 

Many Thanks 

On 6/13/2019 at 4:10 AM, Komander Faul said:

i apologize if i ask this, but i am curious if someone can make weapons of the 5 in-12 in types for submarines in this mod? or would it be too complex? :blush:

We're not planning to add more weapons right now. I've once considered such weapons too, but it's not on the schedule.

8 hours ago, FNPilot said:

I cant get this mod to work with out it freezing indefinitely on the loading screen, I am not using CAL and have tried the latest version and some of the older version to see if Those work nun work for me, pls Help 

Many Thanks 

The plugin has not been updated to be 1.7.* compatible. If you do not need torpedoes/depth charges just delete NAS/Plugins, guns would still work properly.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some posts have been removed for pressuring for updates.

Remember, our mod authors are volunteers under no obligation to keep things updated.  Politely asking for updates is fine, but continuing to push when the question has not been answered is not.  Please be patient. 

Thank you.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:45 PM, Geonovast said:

Some posts have been removed for pressuring for updates.

Remember, our mod authors are volunteers under no obligation to keep things updated.  Politely asking for updates is fine, but continuing to push when the question has not been answered is not.  Please be patient. 

Thank you.

i was wondering if i can provide some screenshots for ideas? or would it be a bad idea?

15 hours ago, Komander Faul said:

i was wondering if i can provide some screenshots for ideas? or would it be a bad idea?

Ideas and suggestions are fine as long as the mod author hasn't expressly said they don't want them, and they're in a "i would like to see this" tone and not a "you should do this" tone.  If you have more questions on the matter, feel free to PM myself of another mod, or head over here and ask. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KSP 1.7.1, Bda 1.3.1 Unguided Missiles not working - HVAR, Tiny Tim were tested

After firing they seem to disappear to escape Kerbin on the Tracking Station

Did I miss a easy fix?

PS: I already set a drop time and decouple speed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2020 at 2:14 PM, Neros7 said:

KSP 1.7.1, Bda 1.3.1 Unguided Missiles not working - HVAR, Tiny Tim were tested

After firing they seem to disappear to escape Kerbin on the Tracking Station

Did I miss a easy fix?

PS: I already set a drop time and decouple speed

I noticed that too..I went into the config files to see if I could tweak it for myself..The HVAR has waaay to high of a lift setting, same with the tiny Tim...I lowered it quite a bit and now they are acting like rockets but not accurate...It’s listed as a bomb so BDA is treating the rockets like bombs...I don’t know much about config set ups so it’s just trial and error at this point

Ok, so I’ve been playing around in the config files for the HVAR and Tiny Tim rockets...Got them to work for the most part...The problem lies in the lift factors I think...I replaced the HVAR lift factor with the hellfires and replaced Tiny Tim’s with the maverick lift number...I also boosted the HVAR boost phase to 50 KN...I’m still tweaking the Tiny Tims boost setting to make it more realistic...The HVAR was designed to reach around 400 m/s on launch...The boost phase seems correct at 1.5 secs with 0 thrust for cruise...I also changed the weapon type to ballastic rather than bombs...If you keep the bomb setting the AI will fire when the target is in the bomb reticule but it will overshoot...I’m not sure how to add a targeting reticule though, AI won’t fire but it does line up correctly in a shallow dive and if I manually fire it’s pretty close to target if you fire in the realistic range of about 2,000 meters away.These rockets only had a 1-2 second boost on there engines anyways and then coasted on a ballistic trajectory to the target. I think 4,000 meters to way to far to fire it..The Tiny Tim has a max effective range of 1,500 meters, it was fired at point blank range with only a couple seconds of boost and then coasting to the target...You can watch some YouTube videos of aircraft firing the rockets...Other than this the mod seems to work in 1.9 fine. I’m just a stickler for realism but I’m not a modder and I’m just experimenting at the moment....Does any one know how to get a targeting reticule added? I think the AI will fire the rockets if it had a targeting reticule, but I’ve noticed in BDA that the hydras and S-8 rockets are never fired by the AI so maybe it’s hard coded like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 4:55 PM, Neros7 said:

Me again, what would you have to do to update this mod to the newest version and how do torpedos work?

And does anybody know who to ask regarding missiles of Bdarmory in general? (Who's the mastermind behind them?)

Ask about what exactly? BDA is currently developed by the Runaway project team. For NAS, Nartea is probably your best bet.

If you want to help upgrade the mod to newest BDA version, it would take going through the configs of the mod and fixing all issues and things that changed between BDA versions.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.