Submit a name for my From The Depths campaign!

Noname117

So, about a month ago I started up a From The Depths campaign on youtube, and asked my commenters to submit their usernames to have ships named after them (And then I later allowed most user-submitted ship names). The YouTube comments section didn't help what-so-ever (and neither did a post in the FTD forums), and the campaign was going kind of poorly. The series was put on hiatus for awhile. Then EnterElysium streamed FTD today, and my interest in the game was renewed. So I'm likely going to be resuming the series in the very near future, but I still have no names for my ships, and I don't want the series to become me naming every single ship myself. That just isn't including anyone!

So, I thought I'd check to see if any of the members of my favorite forum would like to submit usernames or names to be used. Usernames (Along with usernames from other websites or real names, if that is your thing) will be selected before other, miscellaneous names. Names of sunken or scrapped ships may be re-used in the future as well, depending on how well said ship did. These names will not be applied to small boats BTW, only warships of significant size will get sub names (And I intend to make my fleet out of said ships). Names will be put into a pool and selected either randomly or with good reason 9I'll probably make two pools, one for usernames and one for miscellaneous names. I may start up another pool for names for the smaller boats in the near future. For now, try to limit yourself to 1 name submitted for every few episodes. This is to be fair to those who wouldn't have their names selected if someone submitted a large number of names. In the future, this rule may relax more. I do not accept inappropriate names, and I don't believe this forum does either.

Link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/noname117spore/videos

Notice: I do use profanity in my videos.

Notice 2: I'll get a FTD playlist set up shortly and replace my channel link with that in the near future.

Thanks to all those who submit names for my ships, and the first poster here will get to name the currently unnamed destroyer in my series.

I think I saw you on the forums there. I wanted to make a joke about how you would build something so oversized that the game would crash, but figured no-one would get it. Do you want a ship named after you Whack?

I've got a few names for ya:

Pernicious

Deleterious

Marauding Colossus

Perspicacious

Ship with a Self-Explanatory Name

Arson Welles

Law Office of Lead, G. U. N. Powder, and Canonn

Brown Pants

Armourless

I think I'm going to try to stay away from corny names. I also did want to limit the submissions per poster to just 1.

http://fantasynamegenerators.com/spaceship-names.php#.VdALQflViko

This is a good place to look for inspiration.

I was more looking to have volunteers submit either their username or a miscellaneous name rather than to generate a bunch of ones randomly to more include the community.

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back from the depths now (well, it's only been 2 weeks...), for good reason. My previous series got axed with an update of FTD, and I just got the first 3 episodes of the new season recorded. From The Depths may also be gaining a bit of popularity from Robbaz and EnterElysium, so there may be more interest in this now.

Since I'm trying to stray away from corny/epic/futuristic names, I've really only had 4 names I've accepted (Whackjob, and 3 of Flymetothemun's), which isn't going to last me long into the series (especially if I want the ships of the first class to be named after viewers). So I'm bringing this thread back as a new series starts. Also got an entirely new model of ship which will come in quite handy against the Deepwater Guard, which I expect to produce several of in the early campaign (Because it is kind of cheap).

27E407A2C87C8DD47BFE33ADC2AEF73E74D529C4

Anyways, I hope that I can get this series off the ground again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.