[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

*BREATHES*

I'm back! Graduation isn't far from now and summer vacation has all but started, which means I have plenty of time to work on my favorite mod before I ship off to college.

I'm going to work on a couple new things, and figure out what I will do to update the mod. It's been a while, so I'm taking things slowly as I get used to development again.

Thank you all for being patient!

- Harpwner

Hi, I've been having a problem with this mod recently. It has been said before but here it is: The nukes have a normal blast radius. I'm really confused.I just installed the mod on BDArmory continued.My KSP version is 1.3 . I just dragged the folder for GameData and nothing else. Have I done somethin' wrong?

6 hours ago, jrf said:

There is a mod called BDArmory Weapons Extension that is NKD updated for 1.3. Here is the link https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/268914-bdarmory-weapons-extension

Seems someone just took my mod, deleted the plugin, and re-released it.... not cool. Didn't even seem to talk to me about it. Legally it's sound, but morally sketchy.

Edit: I'm not okay with the fact he said nothing, to clarify.

Turns out I missed the comment, my bad on that part.

On 6/7/2017 at 3:10 PM, Potato3478 said:

does it work with 1.3?

I did some plugin work to have it operating again, will do an official 1.3 update soon. Nothing really new will be added until I am sure everything currently in is stable

Final Edit: Special thank you to @SpannerMonkey(smce) for maintaining while I've been gone, it's been very helpful. I am currently looking through everything I can to see what I can fix up with the current 1.3 plugin I'm working on. It's in a releasable state, but making sure I'm not leaving anything out. Something odd is going on with my KSP install too so that's really the only delay everyone.

Edited by harpwner

I'm the one that has redone the mod to work and I also stated clearly that I would remove your stuff from it with no problem. I'll modify my configs on the models I am creating in the BDArmory Weapons Extension (which is nuclear weapons only) to work with your mod. I love your mod and appreciate the work you have done with it. I just wanted it to work with nukes and done what needed done to make that happen. I was not trying to step on anyone I promise that. I would have messaged this to you but it won't let me do that yet as I'm a new member. Can't wait for your update!

Edited by Next_Star_Industries
forgot a line

19 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Seems someone just took my mod, deleted the plugin, and re-released it.... not cool. Didn't even seem to talk to me about it. Legally it's sound, but morally sketchy.

Edit: I'm not okay with the fact he said nothing, to clarify.

I did some plugin work to have it operating again, will do an official 1.3 update soon. Nothing really new will be added until I am sure everything currently in is stable

Final Edit: Special thank you to @SpannerMonkey(smce) for maintaining while I've been gone, it's been very helpful. I am currently looking through everything I can to see what I can fix up with the current 1.3 plugin I'm working on. It's in a releasable state, but making sure I'm not leaving anything out. Something odd is going on with my KSP install too so that's really the only delay everyone.

I'm the one that has redone the mod to work and I also stated clearly that I would remove your stuff from it with no problem. I'll modify my configs on the models I am creating in the BDArmory Weapons Extension (which is nuclear weapons only) to work with your mod. I love your mod and appreciate the work you have done with it. I just wanted it to work with nukes and done what needed done to make that happen. I was not trying to step on anyone I promise that. I would have messaged this to you but it won't let me do that yet as I'm a new member. Can't wait for your update!

My 1.3 update is ready for release, but there's something bugging me that's stopping me from releasing it.

Has anyone experienced current BDArmory weaponry exploding after being dropped from a plane, only for its explosion effect to appear somewhere other than where the bomb actually hit?

I can't seem to find a fix for it on my end, and I should ask if other people have the same issue.

7 hours ago, harpwner said:

effect to appear somewhere other than where the bomb actually hit?

We have been seeing reports - JRodriguez had it mostly fixed in last release I believe - https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/171
With that said, JR and the rest of the team are running builds from our development branch which has much more features updated and have not seen it occur in our personal testing. 

I would also like to see if we could collaborate a bit more, JR has some plans to update BDA to have a proper API module and we could help you not have a hard set dependency that gets broken each release.

@harpwner Hi , Just sorry i couldn't work out the issue with the blast radius, which was the ultimate cause for me removing the plugin link, after all it made NKD and BDA look bad when all it needs is someone with more codeFu than I.

the following ninja'd  by gomker

Hi , the effect you mention in thread is related to a bit of code that deals with the FX, ( iirc it was something to do with the reference frame changes  and derived positions )  I thought it had been fixed in the latest 1.3  release versions, as I've not seen any anomalies for a while.

This is troubling, but also means it isn't a core issue with my mod. I tried BDArmory alone and witnessed it by dropping bombs, so it just looks like another bug that I'll have to wait on. I'll go ahead and clean up and release if I manage to make it home later (I may be out all night viewing Saturn and the Moon). 

I'll keep tabs on that bug page and see how close it is to fixed. Until then, I might only be releasing guns, the hype I'm getting from Battlefront 2 is making me want to develop a Star Wars pack....

Thank you all for your time, I will do what I can to mitigate any other issues.

Harpwner

43 minutes ago, harpwner said:

This is troubling, but also means it isn't a core issue with my mod

If you can let me know where the latest source is I will recompile with latest BDA and let you know if the issue still exists. As I was staying before JR and I have not been seeing that problem with the latest Physics Extensions and Dev BDA. I would be happy to test for you

3 hours ago, gomker said:

If you can let me know where the latest source is I will recompile with latest BDA and let you know if the issue still exists. As I was staying before JR and I have not been seeing that problem with the latest Physics Extensions and Dev BDA. I would be happy to test for you

I'll send you a private message with the 1.3 updated plugin (really only two changes were required) for testing. Nothing else in the file structure has really changed.

Released an update for 1.3.0:

Changelog:

= Compatibility with KSP 1.3

Enjoy!

Notice the effects will still have an offset issue until BDArmory Continued releases their fix, I have no ETA on that.

Edited by harpwner

2 hours ago, UnlawfulWaffle said:

When a nuke hits the ground it just explodes normally. No mushroom clouds or anything, only a tiny explosion. Is there a fix?:/

14 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

The install folder doesn't match the explosion and sound paths. Explosions and sounds not working.

Make sure you've installed it correctly, North Kerbin Weaponry should be in Game data. Please also delete previous builds of the mod.

4 minutes ago, UnlawfulWaffle said:

Did that. Everything seemed installed correctly.:P

Also be sure you have BDArmory of the appropriate version, playing KSP 1.3. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

You also could just be experiencing the issue with explosion offset mentioned earlier.

10 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Also be sure you have BDArmory of the appropriate version, playing KSP 1.3. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

You also could just be experiencing the issue with explosion offset mentioned earlier.

What page is the issue with the explosion offset on?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.