[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

All the nuclear weapons not launched with missiles on my computer aren't detonating still, even though I've renamed the file so the version number is not included. Is it possible that because I'm using a Mac with OS Sierra Version 10.12.5? I've checked to make sure the plugin is included and it is.  

2 hours ago, KERBAL WARS said:

All the nuclear weapons not launched with missiles on my computer aren't detonating still, even though I've renamed the file so the version number is not included. Is it possible that because I'm using a Mac with OS Sierra Version 10.12.5? I've checked to make sure the plugin is included and it is.  

If your not "firing" them (I assume that's what you mean by launch them) then that's your problem weapons only detonate if they have been fired. Take the MIRV, used to create an ICBM, you can't leave it attached to the rocket and crash into the ground and get explosionFX you have to fire the MIRV from the rocket. To fire a weapon either use the weapon manager or just right click the weapon and press fire.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

If your not "firing" them (I assume that's what you mean by launch them) then that's your problem weapons only detonate if they have been fired. Take the MIRV, used to create an ICBM, you can't leave it attached to the rocket and crash into the ground and get explosionFX you have to fire the MIRV from the rocket. To fire a weapon either use the weapon manager or just right click the weapon and press fire.

Sorry about the incorrect term, even when pressing the "fire missile" on the bombs they still don't make an explosion larger than the simple impact of them on the ground.

On 7/1/2017 at 8:37 PM, KERBAL WARS said:

Sorry about the incorrect term, even when pressing the "fire missile" on the bombs they still don't make an explosion larger than the simple impact of them on the ground.

Sorry beyond my scope of things then, you done everything as I stated on page 64.

On 6/15/2017 at 6:18 PM, Next_Star_Industries said:

I'm running the same mods and have no trouble. One thing I have had happen is my video card actually booted me off of it during the Castle Bravo test because of ram issues (not having enough) and it kept crashing, I simply reinstalled and everything was great and haven't had a crash since. Wish I could help out sorry.

When it hits the ground.

its all good man ill try a complete reinstall and see if that helps any thanks replying

On 7/5/2017 at 2:25 PM, Next_Star_Industries said:

@harpwner if you are having issues with craft exploding outside of the blastRadius change your config files so the blastRadius and blastPower in your module are 0 and put your values just into the misslelauncher module and it fixes it without having to change anything inside your code.

The problem is that my module is what creates what I have called 'progressive explosions'

see, when the BDArmory missiles and bombs explode, they check for everything in an area and destroy them immediately (oversimplified but that's the essentials).

progressive explosions essentially turn this explosion into a blast wave. This makes bombs, like nukes, more realistic in my plugin and adds another feature to bombs. The craft exploding outside the radius is simply a bug that will need to be resolved in time.

9 hours ago, harpwner said:

The problem is that my module is what creates what I have called 'progressive explosions'

see, when the BDArmory missiles and bombs explode, they check for everything in an area and destroy them immediately (oversimplified but that's the essentials).

progressive explosions essentially turn this explosion into a blast wave. This makes bombs, like nukes, more realistic in my plugin and adds another feature to bombs. The craft exploding outside the radius is simply a bug that will need to be resolved in time.

Nope this isn't a bug at all, it's because it's adding your blastRadius in the NuclearExplosionModule to the MissileLauncher blastRadius. and it's a very easy fix either in code or with config files I've already fixed it. In the NuclearExplosionModule code change the public floats to private float blastRadius; private float blastPower; and inside void Detonate() add blastRadius = weapon.blastRadius; blastPower = weapon.blastPower; and it fixes it. I've also been able to add the "light flash" effect to explosions making them way more realistic looking.

I do not know why but non of your bombs are working properly. When they hit the ground they explode like any other object and there's no mushroom cloud, no nothing. Help please. 

V Example video. V

Edited by TwistedKitty

4 hours ago, TwistedKitty said:

I do not know why but non of your bombs are working properly. When they hit the ground they explode like any other object and there's no mushroom cloud, no nothing. Help please. 

V Example video. V

Please read all posts in this page first

Hello! Sorry to bother anybody, but Space Dock has either been down or really slow for me. I can't access it at all, and since I can't find another download, I'm a little stuck.

I'd appreciate if there was another link, but otherwise I could wait to see if Space Dock starts working again.

If I missed something, I apologize for wasting your time.

Firstly want to say thank you for this mod, it's really quite amazing and has made me almost ignore going out into space. Just wondering though, how do people build aircraft that can escape nuclear weapons? I've given up on out-running the Tsar Bomba as even with my TU-95 that I've got boosters on I'm still caught in the blast. I've tried out the smaller ordnance nukes and whilst I can outrun the blast itself the shockwave seems to catch me and wipe me out. I've even tried releasing from ~7k altitude and then turning and burning. 

Spoiler

Emx6TSt.png

BSccMPK.png

6 hours ago, Derfell said:

Firstly want to say thank you for this mod, it's really quite amazing and has made me almost ignore going out into space. Just wondering though, how do people build aircraft that can escape nuclear weapons? I've given up on out-running the Tsar Bomba as even with my TU-95 that I've got boosters on I'm still caught in the blast. I've tried out the smaller ordnance nukes and whilst I can outrun the blast itself the shockwave seems to catch me and wipe me out. I've even tried releasing from ~7k altitude and then turning and burning. 

Hide contents

Emx6TSt.png

BSccMPK.png

parachute and a really fast bomber also height.  

1 hour ago, CaptainAl said:

Actually, (correct me if I'm wrong) it is impossible to outrun the blasts because of a glitch in the BDA code. (read the posts above for info).

even if you drop the bomb and teleport to Eeloo?

I also think physics range extender won't allow that.

Edited by Notsure_jr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.